What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

shiva82

i repotted the sativa hybrid females , and i also turned the cmh off above the silverhashplant . 3 weeks still to go on her ,and i'm finishing her on a 150 watt hps . she does not need all that light as she is not the biggest plant . next round i will put a bigger plant in just to keep pipeline happy .

Attachments

• IMG_0526.JPG
    IMG_0526.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0527.JPG
    IMG_0527.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 30

shiva82

Description​

Genetics: Greek heirloom / Arcadian landrace
Sourcing: Delicorganic, Mantineia, Greece, 2005
Purpose: Hashish or bud
Latitude: 37°N
Harvest: Early to mid October
Height: Up to 2.5 metres
Characteristics: Earthy, woody, hashy, herbal, some spiciness
Grow Type: Outdoor, greenhouse, or indoor

‘Arcadian’ is another well-maintained Greek landrace strain from the collection of Delicorganic, joining their highly regarded ‘Cretan’ and ‘Kalamata’ lines.

The Arcadia region of the Peloponnese mountains was historically renowned as the producer of superior quality sieved hashish during Greece’s heyday as the main exporter for the hashish markets of the Eastern Mediterranean. A vibrant smuggling trade from the ports of Greece and across the north African deserts supplied the vast demand from the megacities of Egypt such as Cairo and Alexandria.

The original accession of seeds was collected around Mantineia in 2005, so significantly before the subsequent massive introduction of modern hybrid strains to Greece and well prior to any impact of modern strains on provincial regions such as the rural Peloponnese. The accession appears to be representative of ‘kannàvi’, the name for the cannabis that was cultivated on a large scale around Mantineia for more than 60 years.

This strain produces sieved hashish and bud of high quality. Characteristics are as expected for a classic Eastern Mediterranean landrace, showing every sign of historic domestication for production of sieved hashish.

Plants reach heights of up to 2.5 meters and exhibit considerable lateral branching. Yields are moderate. Bud formation and maturation may vary somewhat between individuals within the population, but overall are dominated by classic Mediterranean ‘hashplant’ morphology: Resin glands are on long stalks and bud structure is quite loose, with bracts holding a high density of fully formed resin glands.

In the Peloponnese, plants commence flowering around July to early August and reach maturation during the first half of October. Plants show remarkable resistance against mold and pests.

Aromas and taste are mainly earthy herbal and slightly spicy, the smoke undoubtedly reminiscent of high-quality old-school Greek cannabis. The quality of both dry-sieved and water-sieved hashish from these plants is remarkable. The effect is calming, focused, introspective, and creative.

The seeds are from an open-pollination maintenance grow to preserve the full genetic diversity of the original accession.

shiva82

Palmera THCV​

£41.75 – £83.49
Pack sizeChoose an option12 seeds5 seeds
Palmera THCV quantity
Add to basket
SKU: N/A Categories: CBD / CBG / THCV, Heirloom, Sativa-type

Description​

Genetics: African (‘Congo’) IBL
Type: Sativa-type
Aroma: Mango, guava, ripe fruit
Indoors: 8 to 9 weeks
Outdoors: September
Developed from a Sativa heirloom from the Canary Islands of Spain, Palmera has roots in African (‘Congo’) varieties.
Seeds stored in 2004 yielded several females rich in THCV, a trait which is now well stabilized.
A fast Sativa-type strain at 60 days of flowering, harvested in September outdoors.
Flowers are richly aromatic and resinous, with very sweet aromas of mango, guava, and ripe fruit. Resin obtained from this variety is a real delicacy.
Sales will be used to continue working the variety to eliminate unwanted traits such as hermaphroditism.

goingrey

A lot of Anguses claims seem like a reach though, if not bald-faced lies. Like 2005 being "significantly before the subsequent massive introduction of modern hybrid strains to Greece". Claims like these while standard fare might be somewhat plausible for like remote Himalayan villages but Greece?

GreenestBasterd

fresh frozen gumby style on the horizon. a bucket, ice, fresh frozen trim . bashed up with the ice , allowed to sit for a couple of hours. remove all floating spent material , and then without disturbing all the hash at the bottom of the bucket, use a flexible tube to syphon out the water all the way down to the layer of hash before collecting on a coffee filter paper or 25 screen . no bags used. dry hash , and then rosin filter into the final product
Sounds good!
After getting a couple of the machines, I’ll never go back to the spoon. Haha.
IMG_7350.jpeg
IMG_7351.jpeg
IMG_7352.jpeg

goingrey

i know they have been growing huge commercial crops on the islands such as crete for generations in recent history. even when highly illegal
I don't doubt that but the over 20-year-old webehigh.org article for Athens says that Greek weed like Kalamata has become hard to find "in recent years", Skunk is available instead. And well it is and was a first-world country where seeds are legal...

GreenestBasterd

BasqueBerry (Blueberry)​

IMG-20231016-WA0013
£49.99 – £349.99
Pack sizeChoose an option50 seeds12 seeds5 seedsClear

£49.99

BasqueBerry (Blueberry) quantity
Add to basket
SKU: N/A Categories: Heirloom, Hybrid, Indica-type, Sativa-type

Description​

Genetics: DJ Short Blueberry
Type: Indica–Sativa (80% / 20%)
Indoors: 45 to 55 days
Outdoors: Mid to late September
Authentic, original DJ Short ‘Blueberry’ F5 reproduced outdoors in northern Spain.
Big producer with dense buds showing red, purple, and finally blue hues that usually cure to lavender blue.
Morphology is medium-tall stretchy ‘Indica’ with long branches of resinous buds comprised of medium to large bracts.
Cured buds show a very fruity aroma and blueberry flavour, storing well over extended periods and enhancing aroma and effect with curing.
Notable are the low build-up of tolerance and the first-class, long-lasting euphoric high.
Been waiting for someone or a few people to grow this out, pricey too!

GreenestBasterd

A lot of Anguses claims seem like a reach though, if not bald-faced lies. Like 2005 being "significantly before the subsequent massive introduction of modern hybrid strains to Greece". Claims like these while standard fare might be somewhat plausible for like remote Himalayan villages but Greece?
I’ve ran the Congo, mango Thai and Sinai from them, the Congo came out closest to the description…
Still have 24 Sinai to get through one day and hopefully find that fabled Turkish delight plant to add to my rose scented clones I’ve been searching for for nearly 10 years…