What's new

Shiva Grows

goingrey

Most science isn't radically revolutionary stuff that makes the old guard outdated putting them out of jobs though but just iterative small advances. And the reviewers may also give feedback the authors actually agree with, maybe they overlooked something, improving the paper before it's published..

GreenestBasterd

Cleaned up one of the greenhouse seed plants.
Always amazed at the amount of seed you can get from a small clone, even if they re-veg, once pollinated they’ll continue making seed so you can pretty much go all year. MEGA CHUCK! haha

And once you’ve done it a few times, filled the fridge with a fuck load of crosses, you realise just how much money you wasted on overpriced seed over the years.

Obviously there’s exceptions with the decent actual breeders who work lines and pop large populations, but the funny thing is, these days most of us have enough of our own chucks and crosses to start one of these newer so called “seed companies”. I never would do anything but give the seeds away but funny none the less.
IMG_7048.jpeg
IMG_7049.jpeg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I have been really impressed with my genetic compared to the others I have grown this year. It makes since because its been selected over so many years. Its not hard at all to make some seeds and plant seed from the ones you like. Its gets better over time! Have on F14 on my Sativa Candy Chunk cultivar! :smoke:

GreenestBasterd

Stability is king. Hermies/intersex plants and mutants have to be culled. You need numbers so you can rouge plants freely and refine the line.
I got a mate at the shop I spoke of earlier in the thread.
Guy constantly sells seeds to people but hast ran any of them personally, just selected a few cuts and now makes a killing chucking pollen. It’s horrible but I keep my mouth shut to stay friends haha.

I was in there one day and he sold a guy 4 packs of seeds made with a clone I selected, the guy asked him about the parents, he didn’t have a clue about my cut because he made seeds first run with it, and I had to tell him what it’s like laughable really when you’re selling seeds!
Didn’t get a penny of the cash he handed him either not that I wanted it.

I think I’m doing one more run of older packs then a big run of all my chucks.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
That Spacemonkey is shaping up to be a pretty nice looking plant. I can tell its a good select phenotype by the flower density and shape, resin production, leaves, looks like a solid plant.

Whats in the meat pie? How do you make the crust! Thats cool!

Willy's dryer went out, so I was glad to be able to help him work on that today. He's recouping but stomach is sore today, among other things. Medicine helps. Got him some wood for the stove so he stays warm. :smoke:

Farmerlion-- How is the hash water filtered after you do the wash cycle? Its supposed to settle for a bit before being filtered for best results i think.
Hey Pipeline, I have 5 gallon Boldt sieve bags in 190u, 160u, 90u, 45u, and 25u that I run everything through. After I hand agitate everything for 400 to 600 hand cranks. I blast it with my concrete vibratory for a minute or two.

I think I should have hand broke up the buds before I started. Several buds didn't break apart very well during the cycles that I did. I think I will do another round tomorrow and start by breaking u ppl the buds a little bid before I add water. I did use a little less ice this round than I normally do.

45u 5.492 grams

90u. 6.582 grams

25u .8 grams

160u. 1.351 grams

I will have to admit I might not have the units of measure set right, I'll have to read the instructions on my new fancy little scale. I did calibrate it with the 20g weight then I started hitting buttons?
Tomorrow I will use more material to start with. I hope you all have a wonderful upcoming weekend.
Peace farmerlion

Ps. I did have about 5 hours of total labor in todays efforts. Today I used the untrimmed material. I have 15 trimmed plants left to process.
20231228_123120.jpg
20231228_130215.jpg
20231228_151511.jpg
20231228_140047.jpg
20231228_184804.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The guy at the shop selling seed may not have put in years of breeding work, but he did some work to produce the seed. Right now its kind of a free for all with cannabis seeds. As long as he's honest about what he's selling, I don't think there's any issue with producing seeds for sale.

Awesome hash, Farmerlion! Yeah I broke up my flowers and ended up getting a pretty good yeild. Can collect seed when you break it up as well! I bet that washes pretty well. You can do big loads! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
full

I don't know if different peer-reviewed journals have different rules for accepting articles and research, but I agree, because there has to be some consensus, there could be bias against the truth. We know there is some of that, but there are articles and research that are adversarial to the mainstream scientific consensus. Consensus of the Journal to publish a scientific work can be a good thing, just to be a way to approve sound experiments that are conducted well and draw logical conclusions from the results.

Old Piney

Most science isn't radically revolutionary stuff that makes the old guard outdated putting them out of jobs though but just iterative small advances. And the reviewers may also give feedback the authors actually agree with, maybe they overlooked something, improving the paper before it's published..
Yes like Einstein was humble in his own way but a true genius. Even as agnostic he understood the vast complexity of our universe was beyond our comprehension and had intelligent design

goingrey

full

I don't know if different peer-reviewed journals have different rules for accepting articles and research, but I agree, because there has to be some consensus, there could be bias against the truth. We know there is some of that, but there are articles and research that are adversarial to the mainstream scientific consensus. Consensus of the Journal to publish a scientific work can be a good thing, just to be a way to approve sound experiments that are conducted well and draw logical conclusions from the results.
Different journals will have different guidelines but the basic principle is always the same: the editor-in-chief makes the ultimate call whether to publish or not.

shiva82

imo . einstein was controlled , he was a massive fraud. a designated puppet . no offence intended . there is ample evidence on this matter

shiva82

Hey Pipeline, I have 5 gallon Boldt sieve bags in 190u, 160u, 90u, 45u, and 25u that I run everything through. After I hand agitate everything for 400 to 600 hand cranks. I blast it with my concrete vibratory for a minute or two.

I think I should have hand broke up the buds before I started. Several buds didn't break apart very well during the cycles that I did. I think I will do another round tomorrow and start by breaking u ppl the buds a little bid before I add water. I did use a little less ice this round than I normally do.

45u 5.492 grams

90u. 6.582 grams

25u .8 grams

160u. 1.351 grams

I will have to admit I might not have the units of measure set right, I'll have to read the instructions on my new fancy little scale. I did calibrate it with the 20g weight then I started hitting buttons?
Tomorrow I will use more material to start with. I hope you all have a wonderful upcoming weekend.
Peace farmerlion

Ps. I did have about 5 hours of total labor in todays efforts. Today I used the untrimmed material. I have 15 trimmed plants left to process.
View attachment 18939196 View attachment 18939197 View attachment 18939198 View attachment 18939199 View attachment 18939200
i tend to freeze and hand smash in a thick bag while frozen , and then refreeze , and smash it dry in the ice before adding water. just to make sure most is available for extraction , and not broken into a too fine of a dust either