What's new

Shiva Grows

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
still a bit zapped from the last small number as they say.
gonna grab a 4 way cheese pizza and go check on a bunch of kids whove been home alone for the last 6 hours or so.
the kid has a birthday party going on at home.
bunch of girls and one dude.
gotta make sure i serve em some dad jokes to embarrass the kid like its supposed to be.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are inbred lines usually more dominant when hybridized because of homozygocity? It probably depends on if the form of the genes are dominant or recessive, so not all IBLs are necessarily dominant in the offspring's phenotypes.

What is the genetic history of Old Timer Haze? Is it an inbred line?

F1 hyrbids are usually an even mix of the parents, black crossed with white equals grey. F2 is where it gets amplified and there is much more variation, but you can find the outlier champion phenos there.

shiva82

Are inbred lines usually more dominant when hybridized because of homozygocity? It probably depends on if the form of the genes are dominant or recessive, so not all IBLs are necessarily dominant in the offspring's phenotypes.

What is the genetic history of Old Timer Haze? Is it an inbred line?

F1 hyrbids are usually an even mix of the parents, black crossed with white equals grey. F2 is where it gets amplified and there is much more variation, but you can find the outlier champion phenos there.
i can't give a definitive answer to that, but it is the case with old timer haze. it is an old line of haze in bred over the years by old timer

shiva82

i will never be intelligent enough technically to know much about breeding other than hands on experience and working with what i have and testing and just trying to follow basic rules

shiva82

This mythical sativa, which has been the starting point for the development of the best hybrids of the past decades, was about to disappear during the 1980s due to the introduction of skunks and indicas in the breeding scene. Ace seed’s Haze population comes from the last reproductions made with this variety in California, and it has been preserved intact until today by Oldtimer, a British breeder, and then reproduced by our breeders using a wide diversity of parental plants. Oldtimer’s Haze still preserves the genetic diversity that many present Haze lines have already lost, and it is possible to find phenotypes ranging from the mythic and nearly extinct “Purple Haze” to the most popular “Green Haze” phenotype, and of course intermediate combinations as well. By flowering the Hazes at low temperatures, the garden fills with beautiful autumn colours that vary from light green to red, blue and purple. The flowers gather forming willowy bunches that achieve good volume, when grown under optimum conditions. Oldtimer’s Haze has an incalculable value for every preservationist, collector and breeder that is looking for a Haze’spopulation that still conserves all quality and genetic diversity of the original hybrid. Oldtimer’s Haze is a delight for 70s sativa lovers, trip back into the past for all those who could not enjoy it at that time. Slim and elegant plants, with a tall, branched structure. Medium-length internodes. At the time of growing, the leaf is very thin and shows a pale colour. It reacts very well to pruning. Dark, fruity aroma, with earthy touches of ashes, incense and antique wood aroma. Green Haze’s aroma is fruitier (like tropical ripe fruit), whilePurple Hazes smell like blackberry and black liquor. Strong stimulating and mental effect, without heaviness or physical weakening. A high level of THC and low level of CBD together produce an o-limit effect, which allows you to get higher and higher with each intake. Ace only recommends it to extreme sativa lovers and breeding projects. Outdoors: Only in tropical or subtropical climates. Within latitudes between 20deg and 35deg, we would recommend a warm, coastal climate and the use of a greenhouse.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ace is the man! Just gave Bonnie another shot of hemp oil and she went outside to potty. Back in side and she's fluffing up her bed, preparing for hybernation. Happy as can be today because of God's grace!

Just about to go out and burn a trailer load of brush and pull Jar 2 of SCC. Time to get moving on smoke testing. Let me roll up my sleeves. :smoke:===========>>>> :smoke:

full

Wiley

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Know anything about the strains that have developed after legalization? I saw on seed selling website it was talking about how several lines have developed, but I bet they are not true breeding yet. Originals are original for a reason, P1 is a P1.

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
hm. didnt manage to embarrass anyone this time. same old friends, just the dude is new. seems like kids this days dont get embarrased that easily.. just giggling, having a good time, an open box of tampax laying around.. haha kids is a bunch of nerds, chip of the old bollock.

IMAG0583~2.jpg

IMAG0584.jpg