What's new

Shiva Grows

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
So blow the first puff out , but not you , you quit
yeah youre right, not for me anymore.
you can still absorb a bunch of nicotine with your mouth too.
nowadays they have these cyber 5th element type of 'cigs'. more like cigarette butts, that get heated in a pen like device.
everybody seems to love these... i wonder what they put in them so people dont cough.

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
i'll do a small goodnight vape of some wedding cake or wedding cookies or whatever its called.
wifey is spending the night at her parents house and i have a hard time falling asleep on my own. the cat is helping a lil but its still odd.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
how many roosters for each female group? just 1 is best? must be great to be rooster
one rooster can and will service 10 chickens...they get pretty damn mean aft a few years...my last rooster met his demise when Ivan got a hold him...
rhode island red looks a nice breed . i love all of the breeds to be fair . hard to choose
as good a bird as you could ask for...they produce a fair amount of eggs and they have a great demeanor...

Old Piney

I missed the chicken talk lol. I have a number or Rhode Island reds good layers nice hens , but every rooster I've ever had was mean. With six hens you should only have one rooster if any. I have a buddy who has a small coop with 5 or six hens he tells me that one of the hens kinda takes over the rooster guard roll. I like Brahmas good layers and in cold weather , beautiful birds nice calm temperament and friendly roosters and hens Another thing to consider is hens only lay good for 2 years but live to 4 to six in general so unless you want to make stew you might want to start with a couple and add every year .you don't need a rooster to get eggs, a rooster is not as important if your not free ranging

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Underground growing chickens? Chickens are loud, everyone will know you grow chickens. May be a little smell associated with it at times. Could do quail as well, they are quiet birds. Those could be grown underground, without registration and testing, but the eggs and birds are smaller. Can make a small quail house and keep them outdoors.

Old Piney

Underground growing chickens? Chickens are loud, everyone will know you grow chickens. May be a little smell associated with it at times. Could do quail as well, they are quiet birds. Those could be grown underground, without registration and testing, but the eggs and birds are smaller. Can make a small quail house and keep them outdoors.
No hiding my chickens they roam all over .I live in America Damm it .chickens make me happy .give me liberty or give me death lol

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How is it harvesting chickens? I like chicken meat more than eggs. The organic chicken thighs were 7.50 per lb, but it was so good. I bet its even better farm fresh. Is there a lot of dispatch work, or does it go pretty fast?

My friend who worked at a feed and seed pet store where a girl I dated worked, used to harvest rabbits to feed his liter of dogs. He said he wanted to switch to lamb I think it was because lots less dispach work in harvesting the meat.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Deep Chunk August 5, 2008

I think my Sativa Candy Chunk cultivar project is actually at F14 because the cross happened the next year in 2009 with the DC hybrids I made. Lot of work went into this strain! :smoke:

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm just looking at chicken breeds for sale in the uk. again, the government are limiting hen eggs sales . birdflu19 etc . pcr testing healthy birds and then destroying them all. people are going underground. i have to move fast before its illegal to hatch your own
Well said, "Liberty or death!"

Talk about a power grab. Any time the government gets a new authority, they will never give it up. Sorry to hear that. Will have to find out if thats happening here in the US.

On the positive side, just went out to a local county park that as donated by one of my former lawn customers. They turned their farm land into a park! They have a dairy farm but are now retired, and their family did still have some beef cattle. I think they stopped farming themselves and rented the land. They decided to donate 70 acres to the country for use as a park. It really humbled me to think of their generosity. They are just regular folks, trying to do the right thing. Nearby town is loving it!

They developed it a couple years ago. Another customer of mine actually helped with planning it. This park is awesome and has several new trails going through the creek area and, the amount of land is awesome, and much better than our town parks. There are playgrounds, a big pond with a dock, a sledding hill, the whole thing is an ultimate frisbee course, and you can just walk around the fields if you want.

Old Piney

How is it harvesting chickens? I like chicken meat more than eggs. The organic chicken thighs were 7.50 per lb, but it was so good. I bet its even better farm fresh. Is there a lot of dispatch work, or does it go pretty fast?

My friend who worked at a feed and seed pet store where a girl I dated worked, used to harvest rabbits to feed his liter of dogs. He said he wanted to switch to lamb I think it was because lots less dispach work in harvesting the meat.
I have no problem with folks raising any animal for meat. I have slaughtered a few roosters but to me it's just not worth the hassle. Up until a few years ago a farm / slaughterhouse down the road from me was paying me $14 dollars a rooster! that was until the state regulations because of the bird flu. If I was gonna do it I would buy a bunch of chicks of specific meat variety chickens. My hens after laying for year's and being my friends no, they just get to retire. Their eggs are the best with stand up orange yokes

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I do love a good egg. Organic farm fresh eggs are much better than conventional confinement production. Thats cool, just let the hens retire and run around, after providing the family with eggs all their life.

Just cooked up a choice beef chuck roast and ate it straight as stoner food, Shiva style. Waiting on the pot pie, but I am about full on roast, in heaven here. Dogs are too. :smoke:

full

GreenestBasterd

Yeah I do love a good egg. Organic farm fresh eggs are much better than conventional confinement production. Thats cool, just let the hens retire and run around, after providing the family with eggs all their life.

Just cooked up a choice beef chuck roast and ate it straight as stoner food, Shiva style. Waiting on the pot pie, but I am about full on roast, in heaven here. Dogs are too. :smoke:

full
Couldn’t tell you last time I had an egg from the shops.
Our hens aren’t just food, they’re a valuable lesson teaching our daughter some basics of nature and caring for animals.
There’s a woman not too far away with a large property who adopts unwanted roosters and hens that no longer lay, it’s a giant chicken sanctuary. I’d be happy getting sent there…

Old Piney

Well said, "Liberty or death!"

Talk about a power grab. Any time the government gets a new authority, they will never give it up. Sorry to hear that. Will have to find out if thats happening here in the US.

On the positive side, just went out to a local county park that as donated by one of my former lawn customers. They turned their farm land into a park! They have a dairy farm but are now retired, and their family did still have some beef cattle. I think they stopped farming themselves and rented the land. They decided to donate 70 acres to the country for use as a park. It really humbled me to think of their generosity. They are just regular folks, trying to do the right thing. Nearby town is loving it!

They developed it a couple years ago. Another customer of mine actually helped with planning it. This park is awesome and has several new trails going through the creek area and, the amount of land is awesome, and much better than our town parks. There are playgrounds, a big pond with a dock, a sledding hill, the whole thing is an ultimate frisbee course, and you can just walk around the fields if you want.
So a similar thing is going on by me the farm are all either getting sold to housing developers or the county is buying them as open space I'm not a great fan of my county but I prefer this. So rather than just mow it as lawn they provide parking and let it grow back to woodland and just mow a few walking trails around

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Couldn’t tell you last time I had an egg from the shops.
Our hens aren’t just food, they’re a valuable lesson teaching our daughter some basics of nature and caring for animals.
There’s a woman not too far away with a large property who adopts unwanted roosters and hens that no longer lay, it’s a giant chicken sanctuary. I’d be happy getting sent there…
I'd also like to finish my days surrounded by giant chickens, sounds fun 😁

I'm buying my first few chickens in a couple of months, exciting times!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

full

Psalm 71 NKJV

God the Rock of Salvation​

71 In You, O Lord, I put my trust;
Let me never be put to shame.
2 Deliver me in Your righteousness, and cause me to escape;
Incline Your ear to me, and save me.
3 Be my [a]strong refuge,
To which I may resort continually;
You have given the commandment to save me,
For You are my rock and my fortress.

4 Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked,
Out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.
5 For You are my hope, O Lord God;
You are my trust from my youth.
6 By You I have been [b]upheld from birth;
You are He who took me out of my mother’s womb.
My praise shall be continually of You.

7 I have become as a wonder to many,
But You are my strong refuge.
8 Let my mouth be filled with Your praise
And with Your glory all the day.

9 Do not cast me off in the time of old age;
Do not forsake me when my strength fails.
10 For my enemies speak against me;
And those who lie in wait for my life take counsel together,
11 Saying, “God has forsaken him;
Pursue and take him, for there is none to deliver him.

12 O God, do not be far from me;
O my God, make haste to help me!
13 Let them be [c]confounded and consumed
Who are adversaries of my life;
Let them be covered with reproach and dishonor
Who seek my hurt.

14 But I will hope continually,
And will praise You yet more and more.
15 My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness
And Your salvation all the day,
For I do not know their limits.
16 I will go in the strength of the Lord God;
I will make mention of Your righteousness, of Yours only.

17 O God, You have taught me from my youth;
And to this day I declare Your wondrous works.
18 Now also when I am old and grayheaded,
O God, do not forsake me,
Until I declare Your strength to this generation,
Your power to everyone who is to come.

19 Also Your righteousness, O God, is [d]very high,
You who have done great things;
O God, who is like You?
20 You, who have shown me great and severe troubles,
Shall revive me again,
And bring me up again from the depths of the earth.
21 You shall increase my greatness,
And comfort me on every side.

22 Also with the lute I will praise You—
And Your faithfulness, O my God!
To You I will sing with the harp,
O Holy One of Israel.
23 My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing to You,
And my soul, which You have redeemed.
24 My tongue also shall talk of Your righteousness all the day long;
For they are confounded,
For they are brought to shame
Who seek my hurt.

Psalm 72 NKJV

Glory and Universality of the Messiah’s Reign​

A Psalm of Solomon.​

72 Give the king Your judgments, O God,
And Your righteousness to the king’s Son.
2 He will judge Your people with righteousness,
And Your poor with justice.
3 The mountains will bring peace to the people,
And the little hills, by righteousness.
4 He will bring justice to the poor of the people;
He will save the children of the needy,
And will [a]break in pieces the oppressor.

5 [b]They shall fear You
As long as the sun and moon endure,
Throughout all generations.
6 He shall come down like rain upon the grass before mowing,
Like showers that water the earth.
7 In His days the righteous shall flourish,
And abundance of peace,
Until the moon is no more.

8 He shall have dominion also from sea to sea,
And from the River to the ends of the earth.
9 Those who dwell in the wilderness will bow before Him,
And His enemies will lick the dust.
10 The kings of Tarshish and of the isles
Will bring presents;
The kings of Sheba and Seba
Will offer gifts.
11 Yes, all kings shall fall down before Him;
All nations shall serve Him.

12 For He will deliver the needy when he cries,
The poor also, and him who has no helper.
13 He will spare the poor and needy,
And will save the souls of the needy.
14 He will redeem their life from oppression and violence;
And precious shall be their blood in His sight.

15 And He shall live;
And the gold of Sheba will be given to Him;
Prayer also will be made for Him continually,
And daily He shall be praised.

16 There will be an abundance of grain in the earth,
On the top of the mountains;
Its fruit shall wave like Lebanon;
And those of the city shall flourish like grass of the earth.

17 His name shall endure forever;
His name shall continue as long as the sun.
And men shall be blessed in Him;
All nations shall call Him blessed.

18 Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel,
Who only does wondrous things!
19 And blessed be His glorious name forever!
And let the whole earth be filled with His glory.
Amen and Amen.

20 The prayers of David the son of Jesse are ended.

John 9 NKJV

A Man Born Blind Receives Sight​

9 Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth. 2 And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

3 Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. 4 I[a] must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work. 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

6 When He had said these things, He spat on the ground and made clay with the saliva; and He anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay. 7 And He said to him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which is translated, Sent). So he went and washed, and came back seeing.

8 Therefore the neighbors and those who previously had seen that he was [b]blind said, “Is not this he who sat and begged?”

9 Some said, “This is he.” Others said, [c]“He is like him.”

He said, “I am he.

10 Therefore they said to him, “How were your eyes opened?”

11 He answered and said, “A Man called Jesus made clay and anointed my eyes and said to me, ‘Go to [d]the pool of Siloam and wash.’ So I went and washed, and I received sight.”

12 Then they said to him, “Where is He?”

He said, “I do not know.”

The Pharisees Excommunicate the Healed Man​

13 They brought him who formerly was blind to the Pharisees. 14 Now it was a Sabbath when Jesus made the clay and opened his eyes. 15 Then the Pharisees also asked him again how he had received his sight. He said to them, “He put clay on my eyes, and I washed, and I see.”

16 Therefore some of the Pharisees said, “This Man is not from God, because He does not [e]keep the Sabbath.”

Others said, “How can a man who is a sinner do such signs?” And there was a division among them.

17 They said to the blind man again, “What do you say about Him because He opened your eyes?”

He said, “He is a prophet.”

18 But the Jews did not believe concerning him, that he had been blind and received his sight, until they called the parents of him who had received his sight. 19 And they asked them, saying, “Is this your son, who you say was born blind? How then does he now see?”

20 His parents answered them and said, “We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind; 21 but by what means he now sees we do not know, or who opened his eyes we do not know. He is of age; ask him. He will speak for himself.” 22 His parents said these things because they feared the Jews, for the Jews had agreed already that if anyone confessed that He was Christ, he would be put out of the synagogue. 23 Therefore his parents said, “He is of age; ask him.”

24 So they again called the man who was blind, and said to him, “Give God the glory! We know that this Man is a sinner.”

25 He answered and said, “Whether He is a sinner or not I do not know. One thing I know: that though I was blind, now I see.”

26 Then they said to him again, “What did He do to you? How did He open your eyes?”

27 He answered them, “I told you already, and you did not listen. Why do you want to hear it again? Do you also want to become His disciples?”

28 Then they reviled him and said, “You are His disciple, but we are Moses’ disciples. 29 We know that God spoke to Moses; as for this fellow, we do not know where He is from.”

30 The man answered and said to them, “Why, this is a marvelous thing, that you do not know where He is from; yet He has opened my eyes! 31 Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him. 32 Since the world began it has been unheard of that anyone opened the eyes of one who was born blind. 33 If this Man were not from God, He could do nothing.”

34 They answered and said to him, “You were completely born in sins, and are you teaching us?” And they [f]cast him out.

True Vision and True Blindness​

35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said to him, “Do you believe in the Son of [g]God?”

36 He answered and said, “Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?”

37 And Jesus said to him, “You have both seen Him and it is He who is talking with you.”

38 Then he said, “Lord, I believe!” And he worshiped Him.

39 And Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be made blind.”

40 Then some of the Pharisees who were with Him heard these words, and said to Him, “Are we blind also?”

41 Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, ‘We see.’ Therefore your sin remains.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thought the cows could use some quality forage. My friend's old dog used to love eating the leaves.

What do you do about your dogs, wont they stress the chickens out barking at them all the time? I guess its going to take some training.

Wonder if its possible to keep chickens without having to check on them more than the weekends. If I could get a good system going with automatic watering and feeding, and have a fence, I could keep them out at the garden. Living in town, there's not enough room here for them, and too many dogs! Dogs love chickens, like a big squeaker toy.

Latest posts

Latest posts