What's new

Shiva Grows

Cloneman

Veteran
You were talking about jungle earlier

I used to go to Notting Hill carnival every year and it was the first time I’de heard jungle out. I think probably 91/92 at All Saints Road right in the thick of it very black area actually, but it was the best. All Saints Road system called CMC that had speakers either side of the road,, two one side two the other. Walking in the middle of the road and they dropped this track boom everybody jumped up in the air including me. Absolutely amazing. That’s what I liked about carnival. I love the music but I like the good sound as well.

shiva82

I used to go to Notting Hill carnival every year and it was the first time I’de heard jungle out. I think probably 91/92 at All Saints Road right in the thick of it very black area actually, but it was the best. All Saints Road system called CMC that had speakers either side of the road,, two one side two the other. Walking in the middle of the road and they dropped this track boom everybody jumped up in the air including me. Absolutely amazing. That’s what I liked about carnival. I love the music but I like the good sound as well.
the early jungle was the best . it is basically sped up hip hop beats mixed in with house, reggae and hip hop samples. fabio , grooverider , brian gee and many more . i started listening to jungle around 96 added it to the list of genres i found interesting in 96

jamaican style sound systems

goingrey

Man that's early. Didn't even know jungle went that far back.

goingrey

the early jungle was the best . it is basically sped up hip hop beats mixed in with house, reggae and hip hop samples. fabio , grooverider , brian gee and many more . i started listening to jungle around 96 added it to the list of genres i found interesting in 96

jamaican style sound systems
For me it must have been when New Forms came out, 97. First that I remember or was into at least.

shiva82

bottomshelf haze . two weeks to go . old school ganja

Attachments

• IMG_9823.JPG
    IMG_9823.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 28

goingrey

Now I think about it I must have heard jungle earlier but it was the rapping in Brown Paper Bag that really appealed to me.. I was into an eclectic mix of like Eazy-E, Snoop, DasEFX, Tribe and so on. A selection curated mainly by what albums the kids in my class at school had happened to get somehow and then copied to us all on tapes hehe. Then I heard this and it was like rap but closer to home, instant love, eventually expanding to other genres of electronic music as well.. Things really got blown up when the internet came available,, first with info and eventually with the actual music as well. Now with Youtube and streaming services it's quite incredible really, and fully legal too! Feels so right almost seems like it was always this way, but it wasn't.