What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

shiva82

that spacemonkey can have the 150 watt mars hydro in a week or two. for now it shares 90 watt cheap led light for a week

shiva82

fits the space for my vert set up nicer . 4 plants in that space by the time they are ready to go in. i know is close to spot on. it is not essential though grey

shiva82

i was going to go vert with my cdms and led above, but my tent is only 1 m wide and you need to cage a cdm or always train ten inches away from a cdm , so that leaves me fuck all space. very narrow . the leds 60 watt on top of 60 watt is more gentle and allows me to use more space and the single cdm above in box refelector covers the m canopy fine , so it will be vertical and horizontal grow

goingrey

I do remember someone having a crazy circular multilevel vert setup. Bunch of cooltubed HPS bulbs on top of eachother. That was impressive. Here on ICMag most likely.

shiva82

prawn connery always did decent vert cabs . you do yield more that way , but you need to cool it all and its extra noise i can't deal with in a cab. with cdm and led i can use the same extraction and fans i already have set up . you get nice colas in vert set ups too . you need more width area to allow for the light and also the cage or space around it , and fan cool. prawn connery used to stack 2 x 600 watt hps vert in a 1.5 m tent or boxhe had made . nice colas top to bottom 6 ft plants

to dial in and cool it all , i can't be arsed with. the led vert is easier for me

goingrey

Might have been him, name sounds familiar.

Never seriously even considered it myself, just marveled at his style.

Yield per watt is important for sure but that kind of setup comes with a lot of limitations. Back then I was especially into growing very different kinds of strains at the same time so hori setup with smaller plants in the middle, bigger ones in the corners, medium on the sides worked very well or so I was convinced at least.

Not that I still wouldn't be into different kinds of plants but that's just too much weed to deal with hehe. I'll just fiddle about with the little light.

shiva82

heath robinson was stadium vert king . prawn was more can vert style . heath is the man though obviously

krusty did the high airflow buckets with vert lighting too but in open spaces

goingrey

Heath had a whole lot of haters so it wasn't quite so obvious to everyone I guess hehe.

Krunchy was before my time like on OG not here but the buckets lived on beyond that so I heard of them.

shiva82

Heath had a whole lot of haters so it wasn't quite so obvious to everyone I guess hehe.

Krunchy was before my time like on OG not here but the buckets lived on beyond that so I heard of them.
for maximising the use of each bulb. heath is an og. those were all just examples of people maximising the use of a vert position bulb

goingrey

I wonder if anyone has Xmas light type LED strips on plants - like you would on an Xmas tree - and grows with that as the only light. That would be funny. :D But it might work to a degree.

Reactions: Boo

goingrey

Stealth in plain sight, an Xmas tree shaped plant in the corner of the living room with decorations and all. The season ("to be jolly") is just on the short side. :D