What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

shiva82

my boiler has stopped working so i have no hot water or heating . i need to try and work out what is wrong. i'm useless with plumbing and heating

goingrey

Boilers are a bitch, once they go they like to go and go and go, start saving up for a replacement sooner rather than later. That's what everyone says at least but maybe they're all getting scammed.

shiva82

i think i have a leak and i'm not sure where. i sussed out the error code , and got to valves, and two of them are back to front. jokers. i opened them and got the pressure in range and it is working again, but i notice it dropped to low again, so there must be a problem with feed or a leak

shiva82

just in rage. i left it low so if it switches off again to fault setting then i know i have a leak . in theory

Attachments

• IMG_9635.JPG
    IMG_9635.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 24

shiva82

all these valves are shut. wtf . i open two and then don't know what position they start in . they should all line up . imo. i'm not a plumber and i'm clueless, but i think that's the case. pipework is fine. its just the valves position . i will get a plumber round asap to give it all a once over

Attachments

• IMG_9636.JPG
    IMG_9636.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 23

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
man thats wack as fuck.
where i'm at theyre either too stupid to fix things or dont want to do it so they can sell you a new one.
after years and years of expensive halfassed repairjobs that costed me more than a new one, i opted for a new one.

shiva82

man thats wack as fuck.
where i'm at theyre either too stupid to fix things or dont want to do it so they can sell you a new one.
after years and years of expensive halfassed repairjobs that costed me more than a new one, i opted for a new one.
it is the first time it has needed any attention in 4 years since it was new. usually you get 10 years out of a boiler before replacing parts becomes common. once one part fails, the rest will follow. i think pressure drop once in 4years is quite good. i'm not too sure. we all can do anything and fix anything. often i take the easy route and get the pros in , but i did not want to be using my oven to finish drying my boxing clothing in the morning

goingrey

Wood burning stoves have their benefit alright grow your own fuel but if everyone does it the air ain't too good in densely populated areas that is

shiva82

an example would be say one of my brothers. he does not do hard work or dirty work. he can afford to pay people . if he had no money and his roof was leaking , i'm sure he would find the courage and basic human skills to fix it eventually

and then you get bone idle people that refuse to even try lol

Latest posts

Latest posts