What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Arcata Trainwreck

William76

I just found a nice keeper in the cv trainwreck to,smells and taste exactly like the mom,had a nice bubblegum/eyedrops flavoured 1 before but didnt keep it,this one has none of they flavours,more like a lime flavoured tw,lovely,76

JAWS

so who is known to have the cut you are speaking of ?.

been working the arcata for 18 years now and its always been known as the original wreck.

just asking ..

mudballs

the ARCATA trainwreck is not dead ppl.

her in fem form

not a big girl this round, checking to see if this round of fems are solid and they are just like the last time i made them..day 35 flower i think in that pic.

looks and smell exactly like her classic mother.

peace ..
😔 did we really lose this frost monster?

Crazy Chester

TW (8.11.24).jpg

I was traded for Trainwreck from pnwstrainhunter on Discord - he described her as being the original "E-32 cut". Seems like that what she is to me - so the real one is still out there.

However, one of his customers got a positive HPLVD test on one he got from him, so mine could be too. Yet, she roots and grows well so far.

I'll give her to anyone who is into tissue culture for free on the condition that they shoot me back a cut from a mom that tested negative.

TW 2 (5.28.24).jpg

Here's a clone off the Trainwreck mother that rooted from just sitting in a class of water for about two weeks:

TW clone 3.jpg

I made some seeds with her crossed to Tangie - even though they ripened outdoors - the seeds she produced were tiny. A few people here mentioned that the original Trainwreck makes small seeds, which makes sense to me because she has really small calyxes.

Last edited:

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Veteran
I remember some years ago someone here stated that it's hard to find a virusfree trainwreck mother these days. I don't think that this situation got any better.
The trainwreck clone going around austria has something in it. Last third of flower the buds start do dry on the plant, they change their color a bit into a darker olive tone and then you could plug them from the plant and smoke right away.
Other growers i know that use salts don't get that as pronounced as my water only living soil grow. Last try i could harvest only 1/3 of the plant the rest was infected.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Didn't the original TW clone throw some male flowers towards the end of flower ?

That was what I was told by people that grew her many years ago over at Cannabis World.

soopy

Veteran
View attachment 19079696

I was traded for Trainwreck from pnwstrainhunter on Discord - he described her as being the original "E-32 cut". Seems like that what she is to me - so the real one is still out there.

However, one of his customers got a positive HPLVD test on one he got from him, so mine could be too. Yet, she roots and grows well so far.

I'll give her to anyone who is into tissue culture for free on the condition that they shoot me back a cut from a mom that tested negative.

View attachment 19079699

Here's a clone off the Trainwreck mother that rooted from just sitting in a class of water for about two weeks:

View attachment 19079701

I made some seeds with her crossed to Tangie - even though they ripened outdoors - the seeds she produced were tiny. A few people here mentioned that the original Trainwreck makes small seeds, which makes sense to me because she has really small calyxes.
Wow….that looks like the Wreck I grew almost 20 years ago here in NorCal…..beautiful! I can almost smell it from here, lol…..such a great plant, I’m soooo glad she’s still around! I’d love to give her another go around now that I have more experience under my belt….beautiful flowers man. 👌🏻