What's new

San Diego's Finest Cuts

J

JeffSpicoli

hey dude what size pot is she in/how long you been vegging that girl?
and how tall... just curious

I think she is in a 5 gallon pot.. I dunno im so bad with pot sizes haha
She has been vegging for probably nearly 6 months almost. I was planning on flowering her like 2 months ago, but it just wasnt doable at the time.
Just gotta tie her over, LST that bitch. Top the fuck out of her. I must of taken well over 50 cuts off her.
Growing big bushes is the only way to grow og, you gotta get her big and strong. Otherwise you got a low yielding viney plant that you gotta stake up.

Sub - trust me, as soon as that crackberry is ready to be burned ill be on my way over. The smell is really so delicious i cant wait

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Hey Friends,
So....how many of you soil growers adjust your water pH? I started off as a GH 3-part hydro guy. I diligently adjusted pH and watched my ppms. Awhile back I switched to PBP first with hydro now soil. Gotta admitt...I havent tested / adjusted pH for awhile now.

Peace

headimonster

???? adjust water ph?? , just some ph up or ph down....use a ph meter, and there ya go......

jeffspicoli- that larry og looks awesome!!! great job, LST'd my OG's ...you're right, its the only way to pull chunks off of the mama....that crackberry looks fuckin amazing, haveto say kinda glad it is more dabney dom... :)

T.Baggins

headimonster, that sour hog looks great! maybe i need to go organic, what do you feed them?
grow tech, i adjust my waters pH... if not it would be around 4.5 so, i bump it up to 6.

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
My water comes from the tap at 8.6 and 536PPMs. I finally decided to take the plunge and use RO water only. Starts at 7.4PH and 12PPMs. Of course, being senile, I have flooded the garage about every week because I forgot to turn off the RO machine.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
My water comes from the tap at 8.6 and 536PPMs. I finally decided to take the plunge and use RO water only. Starts at 7.4PH and 12PPMs. Of course, being senile, I have flooded the garage about every week because I forgot to turn off the RO machine.

I use this... http://www.hydrologicsystems.com/content/view/16/117/
It doesn't require collecting water...and seems to work very well-$150 out the door at my hydro shop--
Peace--

T.Baggins

...I have flooded the garage about every week because I forgot to turn off the RO machine.
float valves are pretty cheep.... i must have had about 4 or 5 floods before i broke down and spent the five bucks and bought one :smile: iv noticed a big improvement in my plants since i started using ro water though :2cents:

OsWiZzLe

Fruit of the Gods......Bannana/Bubba x Sour OG.......Super OG.....949 Master Kush S2

Attachments

• DSC07377.jpg
    DSC07377.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC07411.jpg
    DSC07411.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC07380.jpg
    DSC07380.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC07361.jpg
    DSC07361.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 14

OsWiZzLe

Here Elite Genetics Super Strawberry Diesel...its Rez's Strawberry D crossed to Sour OG...smells so fucken amazing...i have 3 different phenos...

Attachments

• DSC07349.jpg
    DSC07349.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC07357.jpg
    DSC07357.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC07358.jpg
    DSC07358.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC07408.jpg
    DSC07408.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 13
J

JeffSpicoli

My tap is 8.2 If i dont PH my water my plants will show, and have stunted/smaller growth... Not all strains show and hurting, but the OGK's and other finicky plants imediately show me if i gave them water that was out of wack.
Using proper PH'd water i think is something lots of inexperienced growers overlook

Headi - I too am glad this particular pheno is Dabney Dom... Mainly so i can smoke out subrob and he can get an idea of what the Dabney was all about.

Grow Tech

Veteran
My tap is 8.2 If i dont PH my water my plants will show, and have stunted/smaller growth... Not all strains show and hurting, but the OGK's and other finicky plants imediately show me if i gave them water that was out of wack.
Using proper PH'd water i think is something lots of inexperienced growers overlook

I guess I'm getting away easy 'cause the water from my RO source always tested right around 6 pH. Probably should break down & buy a new meter though.

Peace

praisehim.

Veteran
gt- 6.0 ! nice ! maybe you just got a dope filter in there !

i've been hoping to get an ro next run, but usually i just fill up 20 five gallons (late night) an it lasts almost half my cycle :) glacier waters usually between 6-7 which makes it eeeaaassy.
but yes.. ph is crucial in soil i think, and checking your run off always helps !

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Wow I didnt know SD had such a good community of growers. I have been in the area for a year and a half. Cant wait to start trading genetics some day with some of yas.

headimonster

t.Baggins - soil organic is the way to go.... :) most complex three-four-five - dimensional flavs come from organic soil....i have been using Humboldt Nutrients this last run - very stoked with its performance - they have a solid bloom line thats 100% organic....Deuce-Deuce - a 0-0-22!!! :) i love it super thick, plants reaaaly like it....and they;re bloom - 0-10-0....they have great grow nutes too....they're grow is 3-1-3. and they're Verde which is a fav. foliar spray of mine (plus it contains boron) is like 16-1-2 i think? anyways , i really like em, thick stuff so i like to mix with a warmer temp water in a smaller bucket b4 going in to my res. that feeds my plants, ensuring that the nutes are probably mixed and nothing will stick to the bottom....

as for everyones Tap Water problem - - id say for a cheap method ---wont help TDS(PPM) but will help PH problem is water into a 50gal. barrel, ph water , ph down to where u need to go and throw a sub pump hooked to a garden hose with a on/off wand attached....cheaper than going RO, wont help your TDS but certainly PH....

T.Baggins

thanks HM, iv been thinking about trying the humboldt line. recently iv been using the house and garden 1 part bio, i think i liked the a and b better, but the other stuff in the line, like the accelerator and the bud xl arnt organic... i want to go 100% organic!

Grow Tech

Veteran
gt- 6.0 ! nice ! maybe you just got a dope filter in there !

i've been hoping to get an ro next run, but usually i just fill up 20 five gallons (late night) an it lasts almost half my cycle :) glacier waters usually between 6-7 which makes it eeeaaassy.
but yes.. ph is crucial in soil i think, and checking your run off always helps !

Yeah...I'm using glacier RO / filtered water. I have it avail for $.15 a gallon.

TBaggins.... PBP has pH stabilizers in it so...doesn't seem to swing things much

All that said...Youz guys have bitch slapped me into getting a new pH meter
:spank: