What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Road Kill Skunk (Blueskiesvienna)

Cannavore

Veteran
I'm surprised the ASS is not a great smoke, is it the same cut than Hammerhead you've grown?
It's kinda just a cerebral mid potency sorta effect. Nothing special in my honest opinion but then again i smoke every day. where she excels is terps, and she holds those terps into the cure and doesn't change or soften or get fruity.

I believe Hammer grows appy super skunk, the ASS is a clone selected n made by bodhi... hippy slayer x (ha og x sterling skunk)

kro-magnon

Veteran
My bad I thought you were speaking of the Appy super Skunk who seems to be a great cut, it's from Bodhi as well as you know

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
APPSS is not skunky. 100% OGK
DSCN5444.JPG DSCN5504.JPG

Cannavore

Veteran
My bad I thought you were speaking of the Appy super Skunk who seems to be a great cut, it's from Bodhi as well as you know
yep its a common mixup lol. im sure appy super skunk is a great line, all things MSS interest me lol, but i imagine its got some fruit to it due to the green crack.... the a.s.s. cut is all acrid skunk rotten dumpster gas style terps. right up there with the other funk all-stars like chem d and death star but without the chem potency.

i haven't experienced shoreline but i hear it's pretty similar in how i interpret a.s.s. - very skunky loud smelling herb but with subpar potency.

linde

Skunk weed like we used to have is no more. There are tons of lines that have some skunk. None are overpowering like the original was.
Couldn't agree more. Early 90s was the end of it here in northern Michigan. The stuff we had in highschool in late 80s was pure dead skunk spray roadkill. No burnt rubber or citrus smells here or whatever they now call roadkill. Straight up dead skunk. Dark green leaves with bright florescent green buds. Red hairs. No purple at all. We called it lizard weed. Haven't seen it in 30 yrs and ran into an old buddy from highschool era and he said the same thing. The 80s skunk and pine terpenes are long long gone.

BerryManilow

I wouldn’t get your hopes up. It’s always a new guy who just shows up with roadkill but history keeps repeating itself. At this point i don’t trust anyone saying they have roadkill.
I don't blame anybody for being skeptical, especially when there's been a lot of lies and people trying to capitalize on the RKS name. You can hand wave it all you want, makes no difference to me. You can check out my post here and see what I've said since I first picked up both of these clones, and see the progress so far.

Hahaha...I've seen so many posts and all the let downs. I don't even know if what I have is the "roadkill" of the 90s yet. That's why I called it by it's real name, Super Skunk. We never called it roadkill skunk because roadkill is redundant. It smelled like a a rotting skunk on the road, or a skunk that just sprayed. But it was just called Skunk or Super Skunk around here. I never heard the term roadkill until searching the internet, looking for "the old skunk."

Roadkill skunk is just a description, not any one strain or phenotype. It is also a marketing term used in the cannabis industry to make $. We've all seen a lot of examples of the industry bastardizing terms and products, renaming strains, the works.

I'm not a big time breeder, I don't sell clones on the web, I'm not looking to cash in on some shangri-la strain. I don't even want recognition or people to know who I am lol. I know it exists, I've smoked it, I've seen it growing. I want to find it and preserve it, and smoke some with everybody.

What I do know is that this came from a very reputable source. Their family has been growing cannabis for many generations. Also, being on the reservation, they weren't subjected to the iron fist of the law like many of us. So if there's any place it would be safe, it would be on the reservations, or deep in the mountains/hollers/farmlands, away from prying eyes and noses.

I made the conscious decision to get rid of the Sour Diesel in early 2010s, because I had to protect my interests and not get busted. I didn't know as much back then, and I should've kept it side by side with my other strains. One of the hardest lessons I've had to learn about preserving old genetics.

There is no doubt in my mind this is the real Super Skunk. I'd guess that it's the parent of the Mass Super Skunk, but I didn't speak to the grower directly about it yet. Hard to say just based on seeing it in person, because we're in the northeast and very close to Mass.

One thing I can say for sure is that I indeed have a 90s super skunk in my possession, a 30 year old heirloom clone.

This Super Skunk is the real deal and has been confirmed directly through the source that they've had it for well over 20 years. Also confirmed that it's [Afghan (T) x Skunk1]. Every other Super Skunk is listed as Skunk 1 x Afghani.

There's very few photos online of any Super Skunks that have the same structure and leaves as this one. Mass Super Skunk is the closest looking. The smell is straight up skunk spray. I wouldn't call it full RKS yet because I haven't smoked it, and I also believe there are varying degrees of what people consider RKS. I've passed dead skunks recently that smell like straight skunk spray and not dead decaying 5 day old skunk.

SSmdflwrcola.jpg

SSkmdflwr.jpg

SSkmdflwr1.jpg

SSkmdflwr2.jpg

As for the "roadkill" clone I picked up, you will see that I have "roadkill" in parenthesis every time. It came to me as a skunk clone, not as RKS. The stem rubs and leaf rubs have the 5 day old dead skunk smell, much heavier and more rank than the Super Skunk. But I haven't once claimed it's RKS because I haven't smoked it yet either. It has all the smells but until I see the finished flower and have a smoke report, I'm not confirming it with 100% certainty.

Believe it, or not. Doesn't change my view or that this entire place absolutely reeks and there is no doubt to me that one, if not both, are real skunk bud.

eastcoastjoe

I don't blame anybody for being skeptical, especially when there's been a lot of lies and people trying to capitalize on the RKS name. You can hand wave it all you want, makes no difference to me. You can check out my post here and see what I've said since I first picked up both of these clones, and see the progress so far.

This Super Skunk is the real deal and has been confirmed directly through the source that they've had it for well over 20 years. Also confirmed that it's [Afghan (T) x Skunk1]. Every other Super Skunk is listed as Skunk 1 x Afghani.

There's very few photos online of any Super Skunks that have the same structure and leaves as this one. Mass Super Skunk is the closest looking. The smell is straight up skunk spray. I wouldn't call it full RKS yet because I haven't smoked it, and I also believe there are varying degrees of what people consider RKS. I've passed dead skunks recently that smell like straight skunk spray and not dead decaying 5 day old skunk.

View attachment 19039031
View attachment 19039034
View attachment 19039033
View attachment 19039032

As for the "roadkill" clone I picked up, you will see that I have "roadkill" in parenthesis every time. It came to me as a skunk clone, not as RKS. The stem rubs and leaf rubs have the 5 day old dead skunk smell, much heavier and more rank than the Super Skunk. But I haven't once claimed it's RKS because I haven't smoked it yet either. It has all the smells but until I see the finished flower and have a smoke report, I'm not confirming it with 100% certainty.

Believe it, or not. Doesn't change my view or that this entire place absolutely reeks and there is no doubt to me that one, if not both, are real skunk bud.

Not trying to argue but that doesn’t look anything like Mass super skunk

eastcoastjoe

View attachment 19039031
View attachment 19039034
View attachment 19039033
View attachment 19039032

So what’s the name of the dispensary you got it from ? Maybe I can drive there and buy one myself.

linde

This a pic I found searching someone's rendition of the mythical Shoreline. By looks this is the stuff or the closest I've seen to what I remember back then. I will be trying Shoreline Genetics Shoreline BX hope I get a pheno like this one

Attachments

• 919shoreline-55days-1.jpg
    919shoreline-55days-1.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 42

BerryManilow

Not trying to argue but that doesn’t look anything like Mass super skunk
No worries at all man, I appreciate your insight. I've never seen MSS growing, only photos. No other Super Skunk I've seen anywhere online has long, thin leaves and the reverse leaflets like this, besides MSS. This didn't come from Sensi so they are different. Every other SS I've seen online has a different structure with broad leaves.

cbotany

Veteran
Has anyone ever thought that it never actually smelled like a skunk? But when we first smoked weed we smelled we that all we could relate it to was a "skunky smell" Like, I know the smell of weed changes alot, I've smelled it all, I've had plants that stink up an area pretty bad, but, could it be a memory problem? Like, Afganys reak, if mixed right its similar to a skunk, but its never like "actual skunks ass"....I was thinking about this the other day...

Latest posts

Latest posts