What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nachilloo

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello sat lovers, othaze23 details .. still around 2 mounths and a half to chop
picture.php

picture.php

Saludos and best wishes
n

Last edited:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
What is THE go to smooth, calm, soaring Sativa with nothing but positive vibes & waves.....
Creative, and you feel like you can solve everything in the world, but no paranoia.... Just smooth uppy, soaring, warm.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Is it almost mandatory for it to be a 14 week Sativa to get that kind of effect, or actually a more hybrid trait with calmness coming from Indica in the mix so maybe a 10 weeker?

Any specific strains? I've wanted Flo, F13 forever... I've tried Apollo-11, and its decent but the phenos I've had just dont take me to outer space.. Not even the stratosphere... I'm trying to be soaring in the sky, with ear to ear grin :)
I'm currently trying out some Raspberry Cough (Cambodian Landrace Sativa x Ice)... I have HIGH hopes for the RC....

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
70 days? lol you aren't gonna get that from a sativa in 70 days. you're gonna get heart racing paranoia.

i'm not saying anyone is doing anything wrong, but if you want what you're seeking in a sativa you need at least 90 days. if you're growing a sativa and it's coming down less than 12 weeks. = doing it not the way i would do it. even if all the trichomes are cloudy at 70 days, you still wanna wait till most of the pistils are brown. sativa's are so so slow.

Dirtboy808

Veteran
70 days? lol you aren't gonna get that from a sativa in 70 days. you're gonna get heart racing paranoia.

i'm not saying anyone is doing anything wrong, but if you want what you're seeking in a sativa you need at least 90 days. if you're growing a sativa and it's coming down less than 12 weeks. = doing it not the way i would do it. even if all the trichomes are cloudy at 70 days, you still wanna wait till most of the pistils are brown. sativa's are so so slow.

How is the smell after you wait that long. The reason I ask for me the bud seem to go down hill in smell department but mine are either out side on in a GH and I do have a lot of humidity.
Aloha DB

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
What is THE go to smooth, calm, soaring Sativa with nothing but positive vibes & waves.....
Creative, and you feel like you can solve everything in the world, but no paranoia.... Just smooth uppy, soaring, warm.

That would be Mextiza in my book. Don't be fooled, it takes only 8 weeks to get there. I won't stop raving about this one cuz it took me 10 years to find it.

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Loving winter have a few pics of her sisters in album I can't drag pics from there anymore How do you guys get those big pics up? 007 (1024x1024).jpg

005 (1024x1024).jpg

006 (1021x1024).jpg

Boob McNoob

Veteran
The Untiva

The Untiva

Motaco and all those who have provided insight and inspiration for this thread have my deepest respect and admiration. As a Bagseed devotee, I'm content with whatever snakes it's way out of my humble Earth but those with the willowy silhouette will now bring a greater thrill to my soul.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Beans beans beans.jpg
    Beans beans beans.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 21
  • stank.jpg
    stank.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 18
  • grrrr.jpg
    grrrr.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 18

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
How is the smell after you wait that long. The reason I ask for me the bud seem to go down hill in smell department but mine are either out side on in a GH and I do have a lot of humidity.
Aloha DB

in my own experience and no one elses, i think i know what you're describing. at one point the sativa is real funky but then it seems to fade in smell. i think, haven't done enough experimentation to confirm, but i think thats because it starts flushing again.
if you watch your plants as they grow you will notice that there's a point where flower production kicks into high gear, then seems to slow down and pistils start to die. a lotta people think this means it's time to chop. it's actually just the first flush of flowers. after another week or 2 you will notice that they start making tons of flowers and pistils some more. this is the second flush. i never chop before the second flush. it's kind of like a built in calendar. when the first flush ends, i know the plant is roughly halfway from ripeness. if you cut your nutes after the first flush the smell will come back as the plant reaches senesence/ starts dying/ gets ripe. if the nutes keep coming the plant just keeps flushing until at some point it will start to reveg and throw single leaves and stretch and foxtail.

i don't mean stringy buds like some sativa's have i mean a deviation from all the previous pattern of flower formation. some people think it looks cute/cool/etc. i know that it really means i'm gonna be smoking some shitty weed if i don't chop now.

Siever

Veteran
Hi all,

in my experience a (kinda) pure sativa "eats itself" while ripening. With this I mean that once stretching has stopped the plants are retaining food from the leaves in order to built flowers as much as possible. So at the end when all but a few in the calyxes leaves are gone, the plant has no energy left to start another flush.
Of course not every plant is the same.

Siever

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Sound advice.

Sound advice.

in my own experience and no one elses, i think i know what you're describing. at one point the sativa is real funky but then it seems to fade in smell. i think, haven't done enough experimentation to confirm, but i think thats because it starts flushing again.
if you watch your plants as they grow you will notice that there's a point where flower production kicks into high gear, then seems to slow down and pistils start to die. a lotta people think this means it's time to chop. it's actually just the first flush of flowers. after another week or 2 you will notice that they start making tons of flowers and pistils some more. this is the second flush. i never chop before the second flush. it's kind of like a built in calendar. when the first flush ends, i know the plant is roughly halfway from ripeness. if you cut your nutes after the first flush the smell will come back as the plant reaches senesence/ starts dying/ gets ripe. if the nutes keep coming the plant just keeps flushing until at some point it will start to reveg and throw single leaves and stretch and foxtail.

i don't mean stringy buds like some sativa's have i mean a deviation from all the previous pattern of flower formation. some people think it looks cute/cool/etc. i know that it really means i'm gonna be smoking some shitty weed if i don't chop now.

Quoted for truth. We should all collect the info from the sativa threads and do a sticky community tutorial, so the good stuff is there for the guys who want to know and dont want to read a whole 200+ pages over two threads. :)

I will take a pic of my seedlings, havent popped seeds in a while. They are Congo#3 x DeepChunk x CBG Panama x PuntoRoja.

OLDproLg

Veteran
HEY OLD FRIEND!!!

HEY OLD FRIEND!!!

OLD put down the egg nog and back away. You still got 2 weeks 'til Yuletime.

YAH BUT,who doesnt wanna be HIGH during this time hehe!!!
funny man;)

Yup,2 weeks to go an my SATIVAS are still kicking along.....

Those 3 haze lines are the BOMB folks,cherry,blue,an irish spring hazes!
STICKY ICKIES from da jungle in hell:

Here,it is the best time of year as we actually cool off a tad..
then right back to 90's in mid feb huh..but WHO GIVES A FUCK,
when ya can grow all year back to back anyhow!
peace,have a great one this holiday friends,be back
with my decorated TREE:)
im a SATIVA BELEIVA an here to say,SMOKE YA SOME SATIVA
an have a good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts