What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Senior Jack x Molokai Frost
thought it was funny how one side branched out, no other one did it.lol
010 (1024x1024).jpg

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Hello to everyone. Thank you all for your knowledge and support of a growing love for this heavenly plant. What do you think of this one? Dr. Grinspoon on the 14th of November on the 38th N parallel? Thank you in advance for all advice!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=57086&pictureid=1346565View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=57086&pictureid=1346566View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=57086&pictureid=1346567View Image

That lady looks nice and healthy. It looks like she is past the white pistil phase from the pics. You're getting closer to the finish line but not just there yet. If you continue on waiting, the pistils will shrivel, while the calyxes stack and continue to swell. Harvesting her now wouldn't be doing her justice.

Waldgeist

That lady looks nice and healthy. It looks like she is past the white pistil phase from the pics. You're getting closer to the finish line but not just there yet. If you continue on waiting, the pistils will shrivel, while the calyxes stack and continue to swell. Harvesting her now wouldn't be doing her justice.

When all pistils allready started shriveling, just by the picture, i dont think there will be any new calyx stacking because that would automatically inculde new, fresh 'white' pistils.
Of course those that are there will swell up to a point but the plant doesnt look like she wants to stack another round(form new floral mass), to be honest.

jefe, i would give her another week till all calyx are nice and fat. what are your night temperatures?

:tiphat:

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i've disappointed myself with sativa's in the past by taking em too soon. they look like they might be done but they swell more in the last 2 weeks. really shows up when dry. it's the difference between them looking like that when dry and them looking like you got a buncha premature seeds. i go by the trichomes. when most are cloudy it's done. those look a little shiny for my tastes.

jefe noche

Waldgeist, night temperatures are low 50's with occasional dip into the high 40's. Thank you everyone for the advice. Tricomes are at 80% cloudy. I love my sativa!!!!

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
tom hill´s dchazeF2 x ace´s golden tiger

tom hill´s dchazeF2 x ace´s golden tiger

the father of this cross looked very thaish..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bushweed

Veteran
Hi everyone, I recently came into possession of some Laos seeds from a forum member who has lived in Thailand for many years, and has given me some interesting seeds from there in the past. He has friends who are growers there, and he describes this line as the strongest he's experienced, in his words this ganja can strip the paint off walls. That's pretty exciting for someone like me who loves the old school Thai highs.

So he told me that he planted some in his backyard but had to cut them down after two months because they were too vigorous and visible. I have a couple in the ground and the vigor is pretty awesome, but what is really interesting is the structure on this plant. Not your typical thin leaved Haze or Thai, but a giant, wide finger leaved plant with wide spacing between branches that is almost identical to Kanga's Mullumbimby Madness, except for the even greater vigor. Laos leaf left, MM right...
picture.php

MM is a generic term often used by local growers when they want their good grass to sound legendary, and there has been at least four MMs of different lineage that have been sold commercially. There was however an original that emerged in the early 70s that was intensely powerful and said to be Thai. Yet among the Thais I have grown, I have seen haze types, I have seen Old Mother sativa types, but none with a striking resemblance to Kanga's MM. Anyway in a recent release by the Southern Star Seed co. "Chopper Read" - Colorado Cough x MM, the MM component was said to express Laos growth characteristics. I didn't think much of this, but looking at these Laos and MM I'm growing, I can see clear similarities. Not great shots but here's an MM followed by a Laos, note the wide spaces between branches...
picture.php

picture.php

The smells are also similar - sweet camphor/menthol/citrus/pine, we'll see what happens as they continue to develop.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
smells sounds yummy.. beautiful lao bushweed

heres gt father, i dig the pic hehe
picture.php

and more of dchaze x gt

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Hi everyone, I recently came into possession of some Laos seeds from a forum member who has lived in Thailand for many years, and has given me some interesting seeds from there in the past. He has friends who are growers there, and he describes this line as the strongest he's experienced, in his words this ganja can strip the paint off walls. That's pretty exciting for someone like me who loves the old school Thai highs.

So he told me that he planted some in his backyard but had to cut them down after two months because they were too vigorous and visible. I have a couple in the ground and the vigor is pretty awesome, but what is really interesting is the structure on this plant. Not your typical thin leaved Haze or Thai, but a giant, wide finger leaved plant with wide spacing between branches that is almost identical to Kanga's Mullumbimby Madness, except for the even greater vigor.

MM is a generic term often used by local growers when they want their good grass to sound legendary, and there has been at least four MMs of different lineage that have been sold commercially. There was however an original that emerged in the early 70s that was intensely powerful and said to be Thai. Yet among the Thais I have grown, I have seen haze types, I have seen Old Mother sativa types, but none with a striking resemblance to Kanga's MM. Anyway in a recent release by the Southern Star Seed co. "Chopper Read" - Colorado Cough x MM, the MM component was said to express Laos growth characteristics. I didn't think much of this, but looking at these Laos and MM I'm growing, I can see clear similarities.

The smells are also similar - sweet camphor/menthol/citrus/pine, we'll see what happens as they continue to develop.

I always wondered where the MM came from. My best guess it was a Thai dom with maybe some American genetics in it brought to oz by gi's fightin in Nam back in the day....
Thanks for the info Bushw, much appreciated and like you said, the two lines look idd very similar.
I just grew some KaribaxMM and the best one i found so far does smell like citrus/pine/menthol.
Cheers.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Veteran
Dr grinspoon at bt 73
was hit with panama pollen and shows now some seeds developing.

cut a lill bud also which shows some clear trichomes, mostly cloudy ones and lill amber i think
biggrin.gif

maybe 2 more weeks for seed develop and more cloudy and amber till harvest.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day CW

I went to the Sensi Seeds shop in A dam .
The guy there showed me their catalogue . Mostly Afghani and Skunk crosses . I told the guy I prefer Sativa . As thats what I grew up on . His eyes lit up and he said " you must try the Dr Grinspoon from Barnie`s ."

I had already visited Barnie`s a cpl of days before and bought Liberty Haze . [ Damn strong herb ] . So I found my way back and bought a gram of Dr Grinspoon for about 15 euro .
I was not disappointed . The gram was basically just calyxes . Effect was all in the cranium . Good duration of a cpl of hours + .

Interested to see what phenos have what effects from your grow .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Waldgeist

picture.php
picture.php

its cold outside but i dont mind cause i have ghanas down my light

then gambia x senegal, thanks musti -he was kind,

i never stop to run that shit and hope it all grows wild :biggrin:

picture.php

Ignatz

Veteran
It's always a pleasure to come to this thread.
TY all posters!

Here's Malawi lower bud at day 100:
picture.php

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts