What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Cerebralfluid

Even if four plants met my quantity requirements, it does not meet my variety requirements.
And how am I supposed to breed plants while only having 4 plants?!?
Virginia says only allowed 4 marijuana plants. They also say marijuana is over .3% THC, so technically my vegging plants are just hemp. So I guess I should get a ticket for growing hemp without a license instead of a marijuana charge, but the sheriff's can do what they want and I'd have to fight it in court.
I mean theoretically you could grow four 5-10 pound plants and produce 20-40 pounds from 4 plants. But you can also grow 10 small plants and yield less than a pound. Plant counts are meaningless. They're just another means of control and a symptom of rampant government overreach. Why can i grow a whole acre of tobacco with no permitting, but i'm only allowed 6 cannabis plants?

Photo for relevance....
Grapefruit x O. Hz at 84 days, bit more time to go before the trichomes finish developing
IMG_4718.jpeg

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I mean theoretically you could grow four 5-10 pound plants and produce 20-40 pounds from 4 plants. But you can also grow 10 small plants and yield less than a pound. Plant counts are meaningless. They're just another means of control and a symptom of rampant government overreach. Why can i grow a whole acre of tobacco with no permitting, but i'm only allowed 6 cannabis plants?

Photo for relevance....
Grapefruit x O. Hz at 84 days, bit more time to go before the trichomes finish developing
View attachment 19055176
When lawmakers with no concept of cannabis control legislation that's where happens. When Virginia first legalized the law was we were allowed 4 plants and allowed 1 ounce of flower. A reporter asked one of the legislators how could virginians be allowed to grow 4 plants but only keep an ounce of it, wouldn't that be setting people up for arrests, and the guy responded by saying something along the lines of "well we just legalized, these are new growers and they won't be able to grow such large amounts at first" idiots.
Thankfully they changed the one ounce law to in public, and there's no limit to possession in your home. My favorite part of growing and smoking is having the variety. I want my 3 or 4 favorites, but I also want to try new plants and new flavors whenever I get the chance

befa

Under da Bright Lights ;)
Yes, in his place as we rarely have the opportunity, we here to do, so a big thank you to the person who was kind enough to test these beautiful genetics
His first reaction to a smoke test of a very early cut flower (Michoacan purple x N.H) was shocked, very very cerebral, with a lot of incense, we're waiting for the rest here.

led05

Chasing The Present
I got the CG seeds from WOS in 2015,the same year I got the Headbanger seeds.
The sour apple in the Sour-Jack(freebees from O7/08) was pretty loud, I should have try to keep this trait alive because I've never this it again.
I got wild Thai wos @2012, some were exceptional and iirc back then $25 a pack ;) - I bulked them into two buckets, one hybrid leaning another more nld/equatorial

kro-magnon

Veteran
I got wild Thai wos @2012, some were exceptional and iirc back then $25 a pack ;) - I bulked them into two buckets, one hybrid leaning another more nld/equatorial
Cool for you that you found great plants in those Thaï seeds from WOS, I got my CG seeds as freebies and I’ve been very happy with a few frebees,they can be better than the the ordered seeds. The seed business is really weird. And WOS is an enigma because some of their seeds can be very good when other can be really bad.

led05

Chasing The Present
Durlumbo is just starting to flower here @43n; the big gap in the one pic is a huge arm I cut out, often when you bondage & train them hard core in veg they’ll look healthy but then some arms start to go bad in flower, leaf’s turn pale etc, they aren’t transpiring properly due brakes made months ago and it’s best to cut them out vs hoping they finish well; luckily I still think there’s enough tops left

IMG_1961.jpeg

IMG_1984.jpeg

IMG_1972.jpeg

IMG_1962.jpeg

kro-magnon

Veteran
Durlumbo is just starting to flower here @43n; the big gap in the one pic is a huge arm I cut out, often when you bondage & train them hard core in veg they’ll look healthy but then some arms start to go bad in flower, leaf’s turn pale etc, they aren’t transpiring properly due brakes made months ago and it’s best to cut them out vs hoping they finish well; luckily I still think there’s enough tops left

View attachment 19055734

View attachment 19055738

View attachment 19055740

View attachment 19055735
You have some huge and beautiful plants, it is a lot of work to make such big plants whatever their grow environment but outdoor it’s particularly hard job to maintain hose monstroplants

LG/

Cool for you that you found great plants in those Thaï seeds from WOS, I got my CG seeds as freebies and I’ve been very happy with a few frebees,they can be better than the the ordered seeds. The seed business is really weird. And WOS is an enigma because some of their seeds can be very good when other can be really bad.
Any examples of good and bad?
My understanding is their reputation is in question regarding the purity of the lines, that most had og kush crossed into them to cut down the flowering times.
Based on my limited experience with Wild Thai, I could believe that og kush story. It was the opposite of Wild, which is why I made a cross with it and called it Tame Thai.
But it did seem to have strait sativa effects. Which is great. But growth pattern type it wasn't anything like you'd expect from a landrace sativa, it stayed short. Chunky. Had a spicy profile with some skunk/kush stink to it.
I'm happy with it overall. Shoot under ten weeks and sativa effects plus a decent flavor profile... I'm on board, even if it's not pure.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Any examples of good and bad?
My understanding is their reputation is in question regarding the purity of the lines, that most had og kush crossed into them to cut down the flowering times.
Based on my limited experience with Wild Thai, I could believe that og kush story. It was the opposite of Wild, which is why I made a cross with it and called it Tame Thai.
But it did seem to have strait sativa effects. Which is great. But growth pattern type it wasn't anything like you'd expect from a landrace sativa, it stayed short. Chunky. Had a spicy profile with some skunk/kush stink to it.
I'm happy with it overall. Shoot under ten weeks and sativa effects plus a decent flavor profile... I'm on board, even if it's not pure.
I don’t know how old your seeds are and how close they can be to the ones @led05 had in 2012, one of the problem with WOS is consistency,buying the same pack of seeds with a few years gap won’t always give you the same seeds/ The Colombia Gold I got in 2015 are gone now, the seeds sold with this name today won’t provide the same plants.
I’ve seen a few growers having issues with the more recent crosses they are selling as well.

LG/

I don’t know how old your seeds are and how close they can be to the ones @led05 had in 2012, one of the problem with WOS is consistency,buying the same pack of seeds with a few years gap won’t always give you the same seeds/ The Colombia Gold I got in 2015 are gone now, the seeds sold with this name today won’t provide the same plants.
I’ve seen a few growers having issues with the more recent crosses they are selling as well.
Ok thanks for the info. I sort of geek out about first hand info on seeds, breeders, ect.

Mine are recent, last couple years for sure.
I wonder if they are outsourcing like alot of bigger names are, notably to Spain or elsewhere. That can lead to lots of problems...
Or if it's a lost parent plant situation. I also have experienced breeders having completely different stuff released under the same name, later to research and find out they lost their original cuts to raids or other issues.

I think I ran KwaZulu awhile back and it was good,but mild flavored. Reordered seeds recently so if I ever get around to em I'll report back about consistently.

On deck
20240828_080227.jpg

The pictures on here I saw of Destroyer were spectacular, I had to order some seeds. It's a real life struggle not to when you see pics that good.

Maria Sanchez

Since' everyone's sharing...

Spring-Summer Grow -- Maria's Haze Heaven Hacienda!

Day 161: 135V + 26F

Family pic

PXL_20240829_012342531.jpg
Left: two re-vegged Super Silver Sour Thai Neville (phenos 'Sticky' and 'Fluffy')
Mid: two Grail project (NvHz x Mullum F2) (fast pheno) X ThaiFrican seed plants; one Lemon 'n' Lime Jones (hidden)
Right: one re-vegged Grail project (NvHz x Mullum F2) (NLD pheno)

Most of these plants are between 175 cm - 220 cm or 5'6" to about 7'2" or something.
Except the Jones girl, who is 100 cm tall in the back.