What's new

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

canna.ballistic

This one is a Chimera 'Sweet Skunk' (LemonCello) x Ace 'Green Haze Thai' ...

Popped up by herself under where the mother grew last year, so the seed must have dislodged from the mother during harvest or thereabouts.

The stretch has been hard to manage ... she is fairly sensitive to nutrients, but has put on so much vegetative growth during the stretch that I couldn't get enough food into her ... so she chewed up a lot of her primary fan leaves. I've had this problem with all the Sweet Skunk strains I've grown [Sweet Skunk S1, Simply Irresistible, Hawaiian Spice] ... hopefully I'll work it out one day, or maybe not !! :moon:

Just over 10' tall now with 4' long branches ... stretch appears to have slowed down, but no visible signs of heads forming yet. Has your typical sweet spicy woody aromas for the stem rub.

Photos from today ...
picture.php
picture.php

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is the Swazi Gold (Lime Pheno) for comparison, she is seeded by a Swazi Gold (Lime Pheno) male to create S1's for preservation :)
View Image

Nice plants you show us there Night4wings20. I'm just curious how S1's goes when it comes to preservation? I mean fem' beans probably isn't the best ways to preserve a line? Isn't it?

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
If all you had were girls, thats all you can preserve. If you sow s1 into a field they revert back to m/f eventually.

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Of course, if no males s1's is the way to go. But it doesn't change the core of the problem, sooner or later you'll need some males to keep the line fit, i guess. And if all you got is selfed beans you'll have to outcross the strain, which probably goes against the very goal of preservation...

What you mean exactly by:
If you sow s1 into a field they revert back to m/f eventually
?
If you sow s1 only in a field you should have females only...i don't see how a male could pop out of that, and if ever it happens, will it really be a male? I mean when it passes genes, does it really passes the males ones?

Night4wings20

Nice plants you show us there Night4wings20. I'm just curious how S1's goes when it comes to preservation? I mean fem' beans probably isn't the best ways to preserve a line? Isn't it?

I probably used the wrong thing, I used a pure male and female to breed with. So F1's? Doesn't matter that much to me, all i know is i have more seeds to play with later :) Sorry for the mistake

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Of course, if no males s1's is the way to go. But it doesn't change the core of the problem, sooner or later you'll need some males to keep the line fit, i guess. And if all you got is selfed beans you'll have to outcross the strain, which probably goes against the very goal of preservation...

What you mean exactly by:?
If you sow s1 only in a field you should have females only...i don't see how a male could pop out of that, and if ever it happens, will it really be a male? I mean when it passes genes, does it really passes the males ones?

Forget which thread, but it was all the big names dispelling myths on feminised breeding, sam said that it will revert back to dioecous(sp).

Night4wings20

If all you had were girls, thats all you can preserve. If you sow s1 into a field they revert back to m/f eventually.

What you mean exactly by:?

I definitely used the wrong term, I'll edit my original post as to not confuse people, thank you both for showing me what I did wrong :)

Dog Star

Veteran
Put down the joint, your brain is cooked bro... ;D LOL

Preserving a fem line,priceless... heheheehehee

Dog Star

Veteran
Smoking some Amnesia Haze atm, i'm definitely cooked haha but in a good way ;)

You all get me now hahahah, F1's not S1's. Fucking terminology :laughing:

Check your previous posts that you left in "Why Do ALIENS only abduct white people" where you claim for others that they are
cooked...

Again read those quote that was writed and thinked by Nikola Tesla,
post #165... try to understand deeper meaning..

Then you will better understand what is going on around you... :) LOL

An eye for an eye bro... :biggrin:

Night4wings20

Check your previous posts that you left in "Why Do ALIENS only abduct white people" where you claim for others that they are
cooked...

Again read those quote that was writed and thinked by Nikola Tesla,
post #165... try to understand deeper meaning..

Then you will better understand what is going on around you... :) LOL

An eye for an eye bro... :biggrin:
Lol take it easy, no need to bring drama here. I made a mistake and I admitted it. Humbling isn't it :tiphat:

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess the right term would have been P1 or 2 (depends if you count your actual plants as P1), no F (generally used after hybridation) or S (as selfed) which nowadays means fem beans but in the 80's it seems it meant inbreed, either P or F... Ain't that clear? :D

But what really matter is you got the job done, and the right way too...so kudos to you man! ;)

Forget which thread, but it was all the big names dispelling myths on feminised breeding, sam said that it will revert back to dioecous(sp).

I could be wrong but i was under the impression it was about monoecious hemp, not selfed drug strains...

Night4wings20

I guess the right term would have been P1 or 2 (depends if you count your actual plants as P1), no F (generally used after hybridation) or S (as selfed) which nowadays means fem beans but in the 80's it seems it meant inbreed, either P or F... Ain't that clear? :D

But what really matter is you got the job done, and the right way too...so kudos to you man! ;)

I could be wrong but i was under the impression it was about monoecious hemp, not selfed drug strains...

So confusing lol, thank you for the clarification and for the compliment :)

led05

Chasing The Present

of course it eventually will but you've already narrowed the genes by the choices made previously selfing your parental choice(s).....

I first selfed a plant well over a decade ago so it's not something I'm adverse to using but will only use if I must, in that case it was a very special old ECSD line.....

personally I love studs, to me they are the gold far more often than the ladies.

Cheers

Last edited:

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Whats the difference between a drug strain and a hemp strain when it comes to genes controlling sexual expression?