What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Realseeds GT Lao

exoticrobotic

Does anyone have any info on the realseeds company's GT Lao?

GT_Lao.jpg

Was bought 20 years ago.

I can only find info on GT Akha.

ty :rasta:

exoticrobotic

Surely it's the Akha?

It could well be the Akha. The Lao are massive seeds which it says about the Akha too.

The Akha it says was used in cooking, which is why i wanted to know if the GT Lao and Akha are the same...

I don't want any lightweight cooking weed in my tent.

Well, i'll try and pop them.

Could well have bitten off more than i can chew.

The Akha it says has some CBD in it too which is weird for a SE Asian var.

goingrey

It could well be the Akha. The Lao are massive seeds which it says about the Akha too.

The Akha it says was used in cooking, which is why i wanted to know if the GT Lao and Akha are the same...

I don't want any lightweight cooking weed in my tent.

Well, i'll try and pop them.

Could well have bitten off more than i can chew.

The Akha it says has some CBD in it too which is weird for a SE Asian var.
The Thai government canonized four national heritage varieties recently and some of them had CBD also, maybe it's not so weird. Especially if it is a variety grown primarily for culinary purposes

exoticrobotic

Quite possibly.

Unfortunately i already soaked 15 of them, far too many for the tiny tent, dunno what on Earth i was thinking about, apart from the want of some trippy SE Asian vars.

goingrey

Maybe it's still interesting if the taste is really so unique. For hybrids or even its intended purpose (cooking)..

You could also do the 9 hour day thing to speed the run up like Tangwena does..

exoticrobotic

I'll let them do their thing in the little tent.

I don't mind a 6 month wait for mature flowers as long as the smoke is something good afterwards or the terpenes are very different ( which it does say about the Akha )

9 hrs light seems a good idea :)

Last edited:

exoticrobotic

Maybe it's still interesting if the taste is really so unique. For hybrids or even its intended purpose (cooking)..

A few have breached their shells with a beam of white.

I'd like to think these 'culinary' strains like Akha or possibly this GT Lao may contain genes of a long lost legendary Lao of old as they're likely to have been kept growing for longer without eradication happening.