What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

led05

Chasing The Present
Now It’s High Time for a good ride over in the woods & quarry!

IMG_2294.jpeg

led05

Chasing The Present
But first a few bites of fresh bread while walking out the door my wife just took out the Dutch oven

IMG_2755.jpeg

IMG_2754.jpeg

IMG_2756.jpeg

IMG_2760.jpeg

My smoke spot, a small section of this 1000+ acre park nobody ever uses but me & a couple my buddies, beer drinking & smoke spot :)

IMG_2311.jpeg

IMG_2307.jpeg

led05

Chasing The Present
I need at least a few hours every week, alone in the woods, taking a nice ride & stopping along the ways suits this perfectly

IMG_2301.jpeg

IMG_2302.jpeg

IMG_2303.jpeg

IMG_2304.jpeg

IMG_2306.jpeg

IMG_2310.jpeg

This is a 100+ year old Stone Cutter / Crusher, it’s much bigger than it looks, gotta be at least 80 feet tall, it’s a great party spot for the local kids, always fireworks going off back there, people fishing & shooting too

IMG_2314.jpeg

IMG_2313.jpeg

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
RE Uncle Buck x Cambodian Male; I was mentioning elsewhere…

UB x Cambodian Male…. I think some of these SE Asians are Monoecious, maybe them all in a sense…. This guy came from “Fem” seeds but I think Momma Mono snuck a Male arm in there on me, anyhow a beautiful stud here, curious how his offspring will be

IMG_2273.jpeg

IMG_2280.jpeg

For a huge beautiful male I’m sure not seeing much pollen, perhaps it’s just the huge fan in there dissipating it constantly…

I cut the heads off a handful to collect pollen from & see what’s going on….

A bouquet for the ladies

IMG_2316.jpeg

IMG_2321.jpeg

IMG_2323.jpeg

IMG_2325.jpeg

IMG_2326.jpeg

IMG_2331.jpeg

IMG_2332.jpeg

Very easy way to collect pollen for those who I’ve yet to turn onto it; damn kids took my big piece of glass, the right vase goes a long ways - that one above is perfect…

I’ve had males root out this way before, ha

led05

Chasing The Present
What a great time of year! Weather seems a month ahead and then along comes that forecast of an August like week. Good for the plants!
Perfect building weather; I’m reworking the newest cold frame I put up, gonna make it so 42” sidewalls & nearly 10 feet in center, gonna strengthen it up too, the first thing I put up was more proof of concept…

It’ll be 35’ x 12’ when done & run me just a bit over a grand using primarily plumbing / electrical supplies from the big box hardware stores :)

led05

Chasing The Present
Perfect building weather; I’m reworking the newest cold frame I put up, gonna make it so 42” sidewalls & nearly 10 feet in center, gonna strengthen it up too, the first thing I put up was more proof of concept…

It’ll be 35’ x 12’ when done & run me just a bit over a grand using primarily plumbing / electrical supplies from the big box hardware stores :)
IMG_2337.jpeg

led05

Chasing The Present
Thx Brother

Even when I try & half ass something it never ends that way, I’ve got issues - ha, by time finished this will be a proper Cold Frame, looks like it’s gonna end up 36’ x 12’ & a bit over 9’ in center & 44” sidewalls, probably will end up putting doors on it too, bottom half with be that thick super tough pet screen like other one I built - I’m excited for what’s to come, this spot collects water from a good chunk the back yard too, so even when covered will be a wicking machine to all that’s around it & I’ll redirect runoff from Poly where needed, when needed - by end of week another project will be wrapped, big party here this weekend so I’ve gotta plan for that too

Coming together well for just winging it, half ass measurements & all custom work from cheap plumbing/electrical supplies - I recon the angle is steep enough to shed snow quickly

IMG_2340.jpeg

IMG_2343.jpeg

IMG_2341.jpeg

Working hard to live the good life ;)

oldmaninbc

Thx Brother

Even when I try & half ass something it never ends that way, I’ve got issues - ha, by time finished this will be a proper Cold Frame, looks like it’s gonna end up 36’ x 12’ & a bit over 9’ in center & 44” sidewalls, probably will end up putting doors on it too, bottom half with be that thick super tough pet screen like other one I built - I’m excited for what’s to come, this spot collects water from a good chunk the back yard too, so even when covered will be a wicking machine to all that’s around it & I’ll redirect runoff from Poly where needed, when needed - by end of week another project will be wrapped, big party here this weekend so I’ve gotta plan for that too

Coming together well for just winging it, half ass measurements & all custom work from cheap plumbing/electrical supplies - I recon the angle is steep enough to shed snow quickly

View attachment 19064518

View attachment 19064519

View attachment 19064520

Working hard to live the good life ;)
Hello, for a backyard cold frame, it has plenty of square footage. You can use GPS incase you get lost in there. That's going to be fun and work, when completed.

I use to work at a university, it partially instructed agriculture and horticulture. I use to love taking my lunch breaks in their greenhouses, they had tropical, desert and other themed greenhouses. They had been tended for ages and many of the plants were mature and stately.

good fortune on your project

Sub24ox7

Suffered from leaf septoria and never really got rid of it but I think this will end up finishing anyway. I think I had nutrient issues possibly as well.

Got a new place to plant next year. The top soil from an old farm that only had cattle and horse pastureland got brought in and is 3 foot deep +. Will plant there next year.

Sour livers

This plant stinks like guava so far.
IMG_5772.jpeg
IMG_5773.jpeg

led05

Chasing The Present
Suffered from leaf septoria and never really got rid of it but I think this will end up finishing anyway. I think I had nutrient issues possibly as well.

Got a new place to plant next year. The top soil from an old farm that only had cattle and horse pastureland got brought in and is 3 foot deep +. Will plant there next year.

Sour livers

This plant stinks like guava so far.
View attachment 19066357

View attachment 19066358

Which plant had Septoria, I don’t really see it on the above, very minimal if at all? Looks like some nice arms will be filling in !

Guess the male is dropping more than I realized, lot of his seeds forming in the big sticky outdoor Durlumbo, among others - that’ll be a nice combination I reckon but only one way to know in the end

IMG_2415.jpeg

IMG_2416.jpeg

IMG_2414.jpeg

Sub24ox7

All of the plants in that area got a leaf spot fungus. But they had some nutritional issues possibly too.

I’m just used to my plants looking better.

This plant looks like it could yeild well and stinks to high heaven like the stink on guava fruit.

led05

Chasing The Present
Always delays waiting on the few supplies I didn’t buy local but inching closer to finish line, when all is said & done a good week of work alone conceived, procured & built this for @1500$ total for everything, including weed paper, screen, plastic cover , hardware etc - everything, not too shabby in my biased opinion

IMG_2462.jpeg

IMG_2463.jpeg

IMG_2464.jpeg

And a pic from my bro who’s got no kids so always gets to vacation during the cheap times, and wout kids in tote… I’m not jelly at all - ha

123_1.jpeg