What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

MadMac

far beyond driven...
here my haze boy in full glory ...
not often you find these resin boy's .. he is my keeper and responsible for all those crosses ;-)

OHz boy Golli#2 ... he was in the fist Golli batch i'll repro'd
_C130800.jpeg
_C130793.jpeg
_C130795.jpeg
_C130797.jpeg
_C130798.jpeg
_C130799.jpeg

PC130786.jpeg
PC130787.jpeg

PC130788.jpeg

and here one of the best Golli OHz girls... just to show the difference ;-)
it's all sticky ... resin everywhere.. not only flowers
IMG_6781.jpeg

TFD OHz - made by Sam - begin 90' released
Seedsman OHz - selected and made by Seedsman -> got them from Sam 2008/2009 released
Golli OHz - got them direct from Sam 1999/2000
Haze 19 - from Sam - Positronic Haze - Tom Hill Haze source - begin 90'
Oldtimer Haze - sourced in the 80' in US ...
last but not least ;-)
Sam personal OHz selection never released...

OHz is the queen ...
get hazed'
🌈M.

Last edited:

JohnnyChicago

Seedsman Haze is different from TFD Ohaze, not to mention the Golli's 90's Haze. You cannot expect to grow out one, make some crosses and have the ultimate Haze experience right? Try some more pure Haze, before closing your mind. It is indeed the cream of the crop.
View attachment 19051303 View attachment 19051304 View attachment 19051305 View attachment 19051306 View attachment 19051307

I'm still waiting for the smoke report on the 'Johnny Chicago Seedsman OH Incense male selection' that I sent you, whether that was in 2020 or 2021. I’d also like to hear the comparison with the 'Seedsman Metal male selection' that you received from me.

These are the two 1:1 selections of Seedsman stock that you asked for, so please refer to them accurately.

It's no surprise that FP senses some hostility here, especially when he’s showing respect for the work that both Madmac and you avoid discussing.

Sam the Skunkman was focused on preserving the Haze gene pool rather than improving it. He mentioned that Seedsman was his 'best customer, buying seeds by the kilogram back then.'

It’s interesting that, after growing just a few seeds in the 2020s, in this thread you feel confident about knowing the entire 1990s gene pool that was sold to Seedsman by the kilogram.

Regarding the TFD releases, Sam confirmed that the first was exactly the same as the Seedsman batch—both made by him and sold wholesale. However, the second TFD release was different and not pure.

As for the Golli OH, it’s a 2:1 made with seeds shared by Sam in the mid-2000s. Three clones were kept for 10 years by a Haze lover, who then shared them with Golli, who made seeds.

The '1990s' label is just marketing, not from Golli's crew.

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
I'm still waiting for the smoke report on the 'Johnny Chicago Seedsman OH Incense male selection' that I sent you, whether that was in 2020 or 2021. I’d also like to hear the comparison with the 'Seedsman Metal male selection' that you received from me.

These are the two 1:1 selections of Seedsman stock that you asked for, so please refer to them accurately.

It's no surprise that FP senses some hostility here, especially when he’s showing respect for the work that both Madmac and you avoid discussing.

Sam the Skunkman was focused on preserving the Haze gene pool rather than improving it. He mentioned that Seedsman was his 'best customer, buying seeds by the kilogram back then.'

It’s interesting that, after growing just a few seeds in the 2020s, in this thread you feel confident about knowing the entire 1990s gene pool that was sold to Seedsman by the kilogram.

Regarding the TFD releases, Sam confirmed that the first was exactly the same as the Seedsman batch—both made by him and sold wholesale. However, the second TFD release was different and not pure.

As for the Golli OH, it’s a 2:1 made with seeds shared by Sam in the mid-2000s. Three clones were kept for 10 years by a Haze lover, who then shared them with Golli, who made seeds.

Hi, can you explain what mean the 1:1 and 2:1 you're using to describe the seeds please?
Seedsman was already a seedbank in the 90's ? I didn't know they were so old but back then I was buying only from Sensi or TFD.

Last edited:

JohnnyChicago

Hi, can you explain what mean the 1:1 and 2:1 you're using to describe the seeds please?
Seedsman was already a seedbank in the 90's ? I didn't know they were so old but back then I was buying only from Sensi or TFD.

I don't know about the seed bank, but I do know that Sam was recommending Seedsman in the mid-2000s, and by 2009 or 2010, they were sold out everywhere.

I bought my seeds in 2009, and then in 2012, I managed to get a few more packs from a Danish shop that reopened after the owner was released from prison.

It's best to read Tom’s posts on 1:1s, where he discusses the degradation of the gene pool. Where he also advises growing 100 seeds, preferably through open pollination or reproductions.

Not just five seeds in 2020, and then calling everything 'Colombian Gold,' 'intersex,' or 'the ultimate experience", as is being done here.

After 20 years of people dismissing 'Original Haze' as 'hay,' and Sam responding that he aimed to preserve the gene pool rather than improve it, it’s suddenly being touted as 'the ultimate experience.'

I wouldn't believe it either.

MadMac

far beyond driven...

not true... you can ask Sam & Seedsman... i'll did...
The initial seed collection was an abundance of treasures from legendary cannabis breeder Sam The Skunkman, and boasted iconic strains like Original Skunk #1 and Original Haze, along with a diverse array of F1 hybrids. Seedsman swiftly expanded the catalog, adding classic strains like Mexican Sativa and Durban Poison, driven by a fervent commitment to preserve crucial genetics.
i'm sure they did not get kilo's in begin...
ask them... ;-)
they selected haze and made those seeds by themself ...
and where did u get the date mid 2000 for golli haze ?
The Orginal haze seed is from about 2000. A old friend who was really nerd on internet and into cannabis world that time. I was lucky to get into a group with cannabis enthusiasm very early in my cannabis carrier. With that said I also got to be a tester. Then I started testing seeds that this group made and always growed out every single seed they gave me. They got samples with weed, And we sat down smoked and analyses weed together. And ofc talked crosses, genetic, growing and so on. For many years we did this.
the rest of my conversation with Golli is private but still in contact if we need to ;-)

i'll forgot to mention Sam's last OHz work that got never released...
M.

P.S. using web.archive.org help's to find the old info's from long time ago
P.S.+ glad you're back and still have high respect for your work...

kro-magnon

Veteran
I don't know about the seed bank, but I do know that Sam was recommending Seedsman in the mid-2000s, and by 2009 or 2010, they were sold out everywhere.

I bought my seeds in 2009, and then in 2012, I managed to get a few more packs from a Danish shop that reopened after the owner was released from prison.

It's best to read Tom’s posts on 1:1s, where he discusses the degradation of the gene pool. Where he also advises growing 100 seeds, preferably through open pollination or reproductions.

Not just five seeds in 2020, and then calling everything 'Colombian Gold,' 'intersex,' or 'the ultimate experience", as is being done here.

After 20 years of people dismissing 'Original Haze' as 'hay,' and Sam responding that he aimed to preserve the gene pool rather than improve it, it’s suddenly being touted as 'the ultimate experience.'

I wouldn't believe it either.
I try to not judge a cross if I have not grown enough plants to get a good idea of what it has to offer but we all take short cuts sometimes specially when speaking with people not very knowledgable of the genetics.
I'll try to find what means this 1:1 or 2:1 thing, it is not the usual way I see to describe seeds that's why I asked.
I don't see Haze as the ultimate sativa experience because as you said there is a lot of hay to sift through to get some really good buds.

elanius

Veteran

Look who is back, again with the same bullshit for which you have even apologized few years ago. You are lurking in the shadows, following this thread with no intention to post anything new, but you just cannot stand people talking about haze without mentioning you, how pathetic. Such is the nature of your overinflated ego created by Seedsman haze reproduction and public share. You expect your name to be carved in every page of this thread. All that for 1:1 inbreeding of Seedsman Haze, why didnt you perform open pollination if you are such an expert btw? You could have saved a lot more genes and then make your 1:1 selection. You claim to have used metallic male for your metallic line, but I did not find any metallic smells in 10 seeds. Many people got the seeds that you shared publicly on private forum, where all the grows, reports? I was one of the few who did it, yet you feel the need to attack my posts here, get a grip. The other genetic exchange was based on agreed trade therefore no obligation for me to give you smoke report in time you decide. All you can do is wait, some day you might read it here. Want review of your Seedsman Metal selection again ? None of them had metallic smell or taste, none of the females were as good as the stuff that I got from MadMac. I base my feedback on few females? Since 2020 I grew new OHaze seeds every year, I have tested 20+ females by now, all seeds I use came from MadMacs work, not everything has your inbred haze in it. The reality check is truly long overdue for you. The pure Golli haze, I have grown several females and it is excellent line, I even got female with less resin, still great smoke and very energetic unlike my experience with your seedsman selection. I keep several Haze mothers for all these years, most are Golli Haze dominant and one is pure Golli Haze recently found and that is the direction for me to go, better high and nothing to do with you, big win in my book.

Last edited:

JohnnyChicago

not true... you can ask Sam & Seedsman... i'll did...

i'm sure they did not get kilo's in begin...
ask them... ;-)
they selected haze and made those seeds by themself ...
and where did u get the date mid 2000 for golli haze ?

the rest of my conversation with Golli is private but still in contact if we need to ;-)

i'll forgot to mention Sam's last OHz work that got never released...
M.

P.S. using web.archive.org help's to find the old info's from long time ago
P.S.+ glad you're back and still have high respect for your work...

Sam told me which one of his mother clones my Seedsman OH work is progeny of, that he kept that clone for 20 years, he used for massive seed production and that he "bets" mine is direct progeny of his work with that mother.

I have done my research on the Seedsman already, I don't need to ask Sam anything ...
And when, then I do it.

We have talked with Golli recently. He has asked his friend who many years ago selected the clones.
He reported the seeds are from the mid-2000s.

Probably from the same 1990s gene pool Seedsman, and TFD first release were too.
That I suppose was done with Sams F2-F5 clones + seeds.
While Posi we know was only H19 clone + seeds.
That's the difference for me.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Does anyone know the history with Nirvana Haze from early 2000s?

The seeds are twice the size of Seedsman and Positronics.

I hope they germinate after 20 years.

View attachment 19051577

View attachment 19051578

One love 💚 :biggrin:
same as those i'll guess...
when Posi closed in 96' there all got there clones
have a pack too but never grown because of the seed size... guess OHz x Sk#1/OHz
🌈M.

exoticrobotic

same as those i'll guess...
when Posi closed in 96' there all got there clones
have a pack too but never grown because of the seed size... guess OHz x Sk#1/OHz
🌈M.

There are a couple of tiny seeds amongst the larger seeds in the Nirvana Haze packet too.

Thanks for the link MadMac, if it is Blue Hemp's Haze, Seedfinder says it's Positronics Haze19 x Unknown Haze

Last edited:

exoticrobotic

Hmm i think i've actually grown it before, in fact the very first thing i grew along with Sensi Super Skunk.

It was bought from the old Sunlight Systems shop.

If i'm remembering right in the hot cupboard with no airflow grown on rockwool hydro slabs it grew like a fluffy deep green vine and was extremely potent with a heart pounding visual creeper high.

I can't compare it vs thh i grew 5 years back as it was 25 yrs or more ago but it was way above anything else i was smoking at the time.

I thought the sensi superskunk was very nice too.

I do hope they pop

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
I wasted about two precious hours at my farm yesterday, fucking around with OHz They are unruly. finally realized what I’m going to end up doing is just taking cuts off them when they show sex.

Might as well take ‘em now and toss the males or whatever bc there gonna start to flower and take longer to root and reveg to re flower if that makes sense..

You were at the finish line with the one in the barn tho shoulda kept at it