What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Old Uncle Ben

Seedsman Haze is different from TFD Ohaze, not to mention the Golli's 90's Haze. You cannot expect to grow out one, make some crosses and have the ultimate Haze experience right? Try some more pure Haze, before closing your mind. It is indeed the cream of the crop.
View attachment 19051303 View attachment 19051304 View attachment 19051305 View attachment 19051306 View attachment 19051307
That's my point, it's all "different" haze. There's no such thing as the Haze experience. See my link. There's no consistency nor credibility.

Mandala Seeds Jan 21#2.jpg

I'm trying something folks say is bonafide without having to go thru all the hype and bullshit of "perhaps you'll find that one killer sativa" forum mantra. Hate to be a Debbie downer but if it aint Tom Hill's version it's somebody else's.

ACE stuff for starts. Done "haze" both indoors and outdoors, the "original' ya know. :)

Center shot of a large Haze plant outdoors, mid November, Texas. Took a shot of only part of this plant because it was grown in the middle of a legal field, ag biz and didn't want to disclose my niche crop.

HazeColaNov11#2.jpg

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
Seedsman Haze is different from TFD Ohaze, not to mention the Golli's 90's Haze. You cannot expect to grow out one, make some crosses and have the ultimate Haze experience right? Try some more pure Haze, before closing your mind. It is indeed the cream of the crop.
View attachment 19051303 View attachment 19051304 View attachment 19051305 View attachment 19051306 View attachment 19051307
Even if you find it is a good smoke you can't miss there is something wrong with the genetic's health of those lines of Haze, they would not produce so small and strangely formed flowers if they were 100% healthy genetically. I remember some Haze plants from the 90's who had not this type of flowers they had huge colas, many foxtails but also dense flowers.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Even if you find it is a good smoke you can't miss there is something wrong with the genetic's health of those lines of Haze, they would not produce so small and strangely formed flowers if they were 100% healthy genetically. I remember some Haze plants from the 90's who had not this type of flowers they had huge colas, many foxtails but also dense flowers.
Are you sure those hazes were not crossed with northern lights?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Couldn't tell you with certitude if they were all pure haze. But what is shown today as pure haze are always some very low yielding plants, I'm sure they were not as tiny decades ago.
I would have to imagine if they were grown in an equatorial location in full soil instead of under lights or in a northern climate they would be much more impressive.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
@Old Uncle Ben
In a way I think like you, original haze is a great sativa, an excellent sativa, but not the best, "the best" is subjective,I was talking about this some time ago in another place with members older than me, (a bit like northern lights is a great indica, but not the best indica)...

harvestreaper

Veteran
been shut down since xmas man i missed my lil hazes lol i see the tail chasing haze discussions still going strong to , managed to salvage a few hazes an have some f2s from mac,s release underway will hopefully post some updates as i go
1724193300631.jpeg

killer orange haze
1724193459871.jpeg

mac male x todd female ,,,,7
1724193594165.jpeg

thh f2,2 x mango laos
1724193665177.jpeg

grape haze og,,,outdoor uk 2 year cure,, 25% todds haze

bigherb

Veteran
Respect brother

Wish I had open / private land , little jealous 😉

Curious were these plants grown from Clone or your Icmag Haze seed ?

What height are you working with exactly when you bring them inside ?

I had plans to Rock heavy Haze outdoors by preflowering indoors . But I am in the process of finishing a Skunk project . I have very very little space to work with

But i did preflower 2 Haze phenos think I'm at 8 / 9 weeks atm . I plan to finish them outdoors, it was pollinated by a Skunk x Puck Male

Soo many ideas soo many Genetics soo little space

1luvbigherb

kro-magnon

Veteran
I would have to imagine if they were grown in an equatorial location in full soil instead of under lights or in a northern climate they would be much more impressive.
It would be nice to see a modern pure Haze grown in an equatorial environment to see if the plant can thrive and make bigger flowers or if the genetics is too tired to make decent flowers even in those conditions, sadly i don't have a piece a land at my disposition for an experiment like this close to the equator

Last edited: