What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
hello,
well i'm little confused now after these new insights ...
now the story becomes more hazy as it already is...
well @ the end i love the haze and it's for me the end of the road...
the plant for the holy grail...

@SamS
is there a way to spot early good plants?
like with the tom hill haze you can see after week 6 resin on stem on the best once... same with o-haze?
Also is there a special smell when rub the stem to look for ?

and finally: the seeds you gave seedsman... was it the same batch you still have the kilo from... a decade ago... would fit the time frame when Seedsman start to sold...

and for you all information:
The Flying Dutchman O-Haze is a hybrid with huge WLD influence ...
i've bought 3 pack's over the last 5 years @ the source in Amsterdam...
also there rest haze hybrids like Titans Haze are old seeds and germination is like zero... so be warned...

TFD O-Haze... a joke... bad joke!
View Image

Seedsman O-Haze
View Image

O-Haze from 90' repro
View Image

get hazed' but not with TFD O-Haze
M.:tiphat:
Mad Mac, dont get you down, maybe those plants can give great results, just remember they are hybrids..
The same thing happened with HFS haze, shamelessly hybrid, but big in crosses with zamaldelica ...

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Mad Mac, dont get you down, maybe those plants can give great results, just remember they are hybrids..
The same thing happened with HFS haze, shamelessly hybrid, but big in crosses with zamaldelica ...

thx
but i have enough great haze hybrids made on my own with the resin male from tom hill... so i'm fine... and i'm sure much better as this WLD hybrid... prefer the pure sativa buzz ;-)
M.:tiphat:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I will not post or answer questions in this thread, it is not really fun....
I did leave most posts intact a few I edited for my own reasons.
-SamS

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for posting Sam.. Look forward to seeing the haze project come to fruition. Maybe you can do something with the skunk too & share it with some folks on here who will work it separate ways & we can have a multi national project.. I've had a few upsets this year with old seeds not working but all the mango & super silver haze are growing well & the Afghans. I tried to germinate 50+ skunk haze but they didn't work. I hope to get some from you some day. Please keep in touch & keep us updated on what your doing. All the best

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Nevil himself stated that he got the NL clone as well as the seeds from America.
Whether or not this is the infamous trip when he smuggled cuttings disguised as fish tank plants is beyond me.
He also stated that none of the seedlings he received/purchased were as good as the clone.
All of this can be read via posts by the legend himself on MNS forums.
As for MSS I bought a $120 quarter of it in Springfield Mass in 1995. It was real nice for sure and expertly grown as was the standard in New England at that time in general

G `day Burt

I think a cpl of stories are mashed together there .

NL Greg said he smuggled his NL#5 with its leaves trimmed into Holland in a terrarium .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Some recent convo on the Topic of the lineage of NYC Haze

There are several NYC Haze cuts , IMO all related

If you know the history of the seedbanks and release dates The Uptown Haze is something before 92 it seems NL5HzC is most likely , but IMO A5 is closer from my research. Neville’s Haze was released in 97 if I recall . No NH No Jack No SSH . I believe it’s possibly a 70’s Haze bag seed. Heavy Haze came thru NYC remember the 3 brothers were from New Jersey they brought a bunch back east . It could also be any Other Haze offerings before 92 Posi TFD Etc

IME Nevil’s Haze hybrids - Jack SSH Nevils Haze compared to NYC Haze have a brighter Note that Piney /Lime /sweetness can be present- that is not present in NYC Haze , Nevils Haze is the closest but That brighter pine note / sandlewood is not existent in NYC Haze it’s a darker Incense/ Frankincense

The leather /floral / dead flower /vase water / musky /basement/ ammonia/ Incense/ spice is all darker notes nothing bright or Sweet about NYC Haze

Current common NYC Haze is a shadow of Frank or the Golden’s but what’s in my jar is special and not a dense hybrid. Phylos shows piff aka NYC Haze relations to A5 and HAshplantHaze but doest say if it’s HpHzC or HpHzA

Just my 2cent

1luvbigherb

G `day Biggie

The 1st Haze hybrid grows would have been late 80s .
The clones were held for several years before Nevil returned and collected them .
So the grow crew had seeds and clones of the initial trials of Haze / Indica hybrids .

Now Nevil went to PNW what year ?
The hybrids were made with NL , G13 , Hash Plant after Nevil went to the PNW with Jorge . And returned with clones .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

JetLife175

Veteran
This story has inaccuracies I will not correct them as I may wish to tell my own story some day. That is why I do not like to tell all because then someone else will say they have the whole true story, they do not. This has happened several times already.... Hell I am the leader of a Sacred Seeds Collective of many growers started in the 40's or 50's what a joke, I was Sacred Seeds no one else, there was no Sacred Seeds until I started it named it bred the seeds. I did all the breeding or seed production. Big Herb that is why I ignore many of your posts because of articles like this with mistakes are taken as the truth. I do not really want to help anyone that does not get all their "facts" straight. I think the preface was written by Jair whom I know, and the rest by Big Herb in 2011? He did the best he could as he was not there. Hell he tracked down the 3 Haze Bros from back East I never did.
-SamS

I really wanted to see what you had to say about this. Thanks for the input as I didn’t believe it for a single second.

JohnnyChicago

@SamS
is there a way to spot early good plants?
like with the tom hill haze you can see after week 6 resin on stem on the best once... same with o-haze?
Also is there a special smell when rub the stem to look for ?

Your Seedsman Original Hazes are looking great! Thanks for the upcoming show :) Found this responses that Sam gave to the same kind of questions in the past.

I really judge my plants during flowering and after drying and curing, as well as taste smell and HIGH. I am in no hurry to weed out and get the numbers lower.

I can smell a vegetative Haze, but I do not use smell of vegetative plants to assist breeding. Now smells of flowering plants is a different matter.
But to be honest it is not the smell as much as how the smells effect the high, when smoked.
-SamS

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
I had my first post deleted on Icmag, cool! :)
You can close your eyes, but can't turn off the sun ;)
Bless

You weren’t the only one ☝️

I’ve been temporarily banned here in the past for asking a question then speaking the truth

I’ve repeated my opinions and showed all the possible supporting post for years . I cannot share anything more in this thread until I one day grow the available original Haze lines

Much love to all those who have contributed here

1luvbigherb

JohnnyChicago

Back in the day you Had to make your seeds every year, no clones in the 60's and 70's. I used to dry the terminal tips of males and Smoke em, not just smell em. If you get em just before they start flowering and try them you may be surprised by how powerful the flavor and high can be.

Not so easy for medical users, with a high tolerance.
Best is to collect pollen, keep the males alive, make seeds, test the progeny and only then you will know what male(s) to keep and how the keeper grew and smelled during veg.
But some smells are unmistakable, even in veg, if you have the nose for.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
some colours of da haze...

some colours of da haze...

get little boring...
so in the meantime some colours of da haze...
could make a song for it :)

purple haze on o-haze
picture.php

the green get little purple too @ the end...
picture.php

the bastard
picture.php

the green ... the top... later but maybe greater?
picture.php

the green & the purple lime
picture.php

get hazed' i'am
M.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone know I'd seedsmans sugar haze is a line made by samS?,,, it's mexican x haze,, i just started some

GoatCheese

Veteran
Anyone know I'd seedsmans sugar haze is a line made by samS?,,, it's mexican x haze,, i just started some
Duudee ..f-ing google it!:biggrin:

From their web site:
https://blog.seedsman.com/strain-profile-sugar-haze-seedsman/

Genetics

Sugar Haze is a cross of a Colombian Santa Marta with Sam the Skunkman’s Original Haze creation. The Santa Marta hails from the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta in North West Colombia. At 5,700 meters it is the world’s highest coastal mountain range being situated just 42km from the Carribean coastline. Encompassing 17,000 km² this botanical wonderland is the source of no less than 36 rivers. Several different cannabis strains thrive there and are used locally by the native dwellers.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
get little boring...
so in the meantime some colours of da haze...
could make a song for it :)

purple haze on o-haze
View Image

the green get little purple too @ the end...
View Image

the bastard
View Image

the green ... the top... later but maybe greater?
View Image

the green & the purple lime
View Image

get hazed' i'am
M.

Wow. That first pic.. the purple Haze has stems the same color as the leaves and calyx? Holy shit!

Is it that color in veg?
Does she bleed pink when cut?

My God. She's beautiful.
What about the Trichomes? Do they turn pink as well?

Wow, sorry but I have so many questions.

Sorry one more...

Temperature related? What happens when she gets cold? Darker, brighter?

Beautiful

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wasn't it advertised as Colombian and haze ?

hope they are the old seeds your sprouting, either way

From the seedsman website they say its one if there's,,, Santa Maria x Haze,, but it sure sounds like skunkman stock,, i wish they were replenishing that old skunkman section they used to hold,,

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
wasn't it advertised as Colombian and haze ?

hope they are the old seeds your sprouting, either way

There are not many grow reports on the web, the few images I saw seem to be very indica plants...
I read somewhere that it could be some cross with love potion ...

Latest posts

Latest posts