What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
here you can already see that the TFD O-HAze is not O-Haze anymore...
this wider leaf's already in beginning show huge indica influence...
to better comparison there are 4 seedsman o-haze ...

TFD O-Haze compared to Seedsman O-Haze
View Image

be warned ... do not buy this shit!

i've bought the second time @ TFD headquater in Amsterdam...
was also complaining about that my last seeds where not the haze i had before... i also bought Titan haze and Fuma con dios... the last two did not even germ... all i can say now is forget TFD...
i will show them also the results... but like always do not expect anything...

M.:tiphat:
Tfd haze is DEFINITELY hybrid, even homegrown fantaseed haze it is, and it's sad as what, considering it costs € 30 more than fuma con dios ....
Great genetics lost stupidly ...

Last edited:

leet

Some quotes from Cannabisworld and Overgrow , most of them are before 2004...

Why do you think we never bought the Original Haze back then ? We couldn't find a good single report all these years.

[SIZE=-1]I know which one not to buy. I grew Homegrown Fantaseed's Haze and it had no potency what so ever. It looks to be a Haze/indica F1 with the indica being very dominant in the high. I have a bunch of seeds from it that may or may not be worth growing out. In closing, don't bother with this version of Haze. - RedDevil

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]I have tried HGF's Haze. It most certainly is not the real deal. There is a lot of indica bred into it. I'm not sure if there is any real original Haze in it at all or if they just called it Haze for sales reasons. It grew well, cloned easily and even had a great pineapple smell. The potency on the other hand was not there at all Sativa/indica or otherwise. Don't do it. -RedDevil[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]"Good luck finding pure haze, I sure didn't get it. My success was planting 6 seeds from Positronics through Jock, kept them in the fridge until germ, and got a 50% germination rate. Of the 3, one turned to be a beautiful male, with a sativa/indica profile, but nice internode lengths, medium green medium wide leaves, heavily serrated.

Collected the pollen.... The other two turned out hermie like, one very hermie which unloaded its pollen on some others, the other which a few days before harvest started showing weird misshapen male parts in the midst of the female flowers. The calyxes were very purple as well as the underneath of the small, wide, dark green bud leaves - very indica looking. No pollen released on this one.

Am I disappointed? You bet. Had visions of pollinating a real, pure, sativa haze with some of my babes. From everything I've read, haze has been bastardized by the Dutch, it's no longer pure. You don't know what you're getting until you've "groaned" it out.

Being a little cynical, I don't think I'm going to order from overseas anymore. Read another post that the haze another grower got from Homegrown Fantaseeds was very afghan like. Heard also that Positronics, Dutch Passion and Homegrown are all affiliated, so, if I were ordering from of these banks and they all had the "same" strain, I would go with the best price. Homegrown is able to up its prices based on the awards won on some of its stock at the Cup.

This kind of crap will eventually hurt the Dutch. A lot of their stuff is prone to herms, a big negative as far as I'm concerned. Think their interest lies in profits rather than breeding out rotten genotypes. If I am paying $4 to $25 a seed, I want a first class product, with no misrepresentation from some flowery ads. Unfortunately we can't turn to the BBB to claim.

Be sure to ask your distributor if he will guarantee his stock as the real deal." - Uncle Ben Dejo[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Finally tried Haze from Homegrown Fantaseeds. Smells and tastes like NL#5xWW, not nearly as good a yield. Looks more indica than sativa (wide broad leafs). The high reminds me of the time I took some animal tranquilizer thinking it was thc (when I was young and dumb). Very heavy body high with some head high but nothing like good old M22. I guess it's missing the euphoric, feelgood part of the high. Personally, I wouldn't bother growing it again nor would I grow NL#5 x WW again. Might try some Romberry, definitely M22, it's still the best I've done. Another Spike[/SIZE]

Some info on Positronics and Wernard , Dutch Passion and Homegrown Fantaseeds

[SIZE=-1]Positronics was owned by a character called Wernard. He is considered by some to be the father of freedom in Holland. He was the first with the coffee shops (so I'm told) and is justifiably famous for his reputation of fighting for cannabis reform in Holland. I have been told by many people that he is the reason for today's situation.
The story (gossip) about positronics is that Wernard trusted his staff too much and a couple of them werent as honest as they could have been, and wernard was forced out of business due to not having the money in his business that he should have had.

Positronics was eventually taken over by Dutch Passion seed company, who also owned Homegrown Fantaseeds. Homegrown Fantaseeds is now separate from Dutch Passion although the ties with the parent company are still very strong, so far as I know Positronics is still owned by them. CSBA is owned by a guy called Martijn who used to work for and was/is a friend of Wernard's. I have personally dealt with Martijn and my experience was mixed.

He is a very informative and friendly guy, who SAYS he would never sell to the States on the grounds that it is immoral to do so in view of the risks taken by the buyers. He refused to sell to WeedSeed because he was of the opinion that WeedSeed was wrong in selling to countries where the possession of seeds may be illegal. Other than that I know very little about his company so cant give any opinion either way. Mike[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Haze was a joke from Posi, good high (have had alot better from Mex bagweed) and very indica looking, only grew three so that's not really be a fair statement of the Haze bunch. Uncle Ben
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]I got mine from Jock's a while back that was supposed to be from Positronics and didn't really like what I got: I got a hermie which I canned, a couple of plants that had very indica-type characteristics, EXCEPT for one great male, which I crossed and have some pollen cut with flour saved in the refrigerator. Uncle Ben[/SIZE]

While MrSoul was smoking Hazes from Nevil selections ...

[SIZE=-1]The Haze I smoked was heart-pounding, PARANOIA inducing stuff! I was hallucinating when I rode the train back from Holland into Belgium... seeing clouds changing shape before my eyes and imagining the other passengers were all talking about me. I was so RELIEVED to get home that day! Once home, I smoked some NL#5 to help "come down" - it worked. I didn't smoke Haze again for a few days after that!
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Problem with Haze is that it's a BITCH to grow... especially indoors. Why do you think there are so MANY Haze crosses? MrSoul[/SIZE]

I have many more posts from 98-2004.. I will post more when I find time..

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Bluehemp Haze was supposed to be Posi Haze

image_487824.jpg

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Mmm ... Nirvana haze was apparently "pure" until 2003, about hgf haze I didn't find anything so I took 3 seeds, germinated 2, and honestly they weren't bad, they just weren't pure haze, probably skunk x haze, or afghani x haze, spicy aroma, but also greasy, strange, it's the effect was good, cheerful, like those Swiss sativa of the early 2000s ....
Tfd haze was worse, out of 10 seeds, only two female plants were born, one was ready in October, before Afghan # 1, she was practically an indica, I smoked her before sleeping! The other one remained a head high, I let her grow to see what was happening, i cut she in early February, the worst plant in my life ...

G

Hello all Anyone recently tried the fuma con dios or titans haze from TFD

Last edited:

herbgreen

Veteran
this is the little video from spannabis....This guy is pretty old think he started SSSC

yeah, and now hes got his sons.....apparently an old haze but from where i guess hes kept it going 30 years

I would say very dense buds for Ohaze even sk/hz but its there...interesting

"Super Sativa Seed Club resurrect old school haze!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nigXAt_n7e4

Yo Sammy

Veteran
NYC Haze theory

My theory is that the NYC haze, on which the Dominicans had a locked-down, vertically integrated operation, is an Nl5xHzA cut. While Nevil never made the seeds commercially available, they were available to well-funded, high-volume buyers with whom he did business in the Cannabis Castle days. I think that a well-organized Dominican syndicate got hold of Nl5HzA beans and stumbled upon a remarkable pheno. Many others feel the NYC haze was a Neville's Haze cut.

Could be that NYC Hz is a 5HzA cut but chances are slim.
I have to join the ones who feel it is a Nevilles Haze pheno, theres just way more logic to this assumption. I base my opinion on growing docd’s BandaidHz cut. It supposed to be very much like its NYC Hz/piff mom and defo grows and smokes like the better NHz phenos.
Not claiming no truth, just sharing my experience.
About the new sssc, 400€ for some seeds... must be special...

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yes, from the pic, the nyc haze looks like NL5haze or even Jack.. but look at mandala chill om, it looks like fat buds of Jack, and according to reports it smells like incense.. and its colombian hybrid and not NL5haze. I dont think nyc uptown haze is from dutch seeds.. look at american cuts like sour diesel or og kush, it doesnt come from any seedbank, it was created by people in underground. and its better than most stuff in Amsterdam.. I think its same for nyc haze cuts.. it can be some colombian hybrid done at Florida, or it can be straight from colombia, as they grow afghani genetics from 70´there.. bigherb said it numerous times, incense stuff in Amsterdam is close, but not as good as nyc haze...

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
^^ That's true, even my 3/4 Haze hates HPS only, it won't claw like this when given more blue light. It feels like the plant has a hard time to produce chlorophyll under HPS only and you have to give more N to keep it happy, while the MH makes it more effortless to keep it happy and green. 99% of plants will be extremely happy in the garden but the NH will look unhappy drooping and clawing indoors.

yeah but its still better behavior than OH indoor.. because NL helps a lot.. but unfortunately NL makes it bland in terps.. positronics haze beat it in terps dep., talk about lip smacking weed with long lasting aftertaste and some phenos of positronics can be friggin potent, like Tom Hill said :D nad I dont think NH is 3/4 haze, as its not clear what seeds Sam sold to Nevil, and it was probably original haze cross, not pure line. plus you have to count that in NL5 there is some narrow leaf variety in it. so mix made it too far from real haze.

JohnnyChicago

Old Jack Herer that's what I always thought it came from too. In the 90s there were plenty of different Jack phenos sold in CS's, at least in southern NL. Bigherbs descriptions of NYC Haze always reminded me the best of these Jacks, that had a lemon floor cleaner smell and when burnt were strong frankincense with some soapy lemony funk mixed to it.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I have to join the ones who feel it is a Nevilles Haze pheno, theres just way more logic to this assumption. I base my opinion on growing docd’s BandaidHz cut. It supposed to be very much like its NYC Hz/piff mom and defo grows and smokes like the better NHz phenos.

Hi Sammy

In the early 90s there was a Purple Hz cut with the same description as in this quote.This Purple Hz had this nag champa aroma, i never found again.The core cut has a diluted aroma of it, but the Purple Hz was the strongest.It also brought you in the panic mode if you were chased by ghosts.:laughing:

there's 3 phenos of it because back in 1995 there was purple haze

Best vibes

JohnnyChicago

In the early/mid 90s there was also a gold/green Original Haze sold in Coffeeshops that had a very strong Mahonia flowers smell, that I smell every spring when Mahonias are flowering, but in weed or Haze I never experienced something like that again.

It had no incense at all. When smoked it smelled like burnt pine resin. Was so strong that caused headaches to many people. You could leterally feel your cerebral veins pumping blood after smoking that weed.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
yes, from the pic, the nyc haze looks like NL5haze or even Jack.. but look at mandala chill om, it looks like fat buds of Jack, and according to reports it smells like incense.. and its colombian hybrid and not NL5haze. I dont think nyc uptown haze is from dutch seeds.. look at american cuts like sour diesel or og kush, it doesnt come from any seedbank, it was created by people in underground. and its better than most stuff in Amsterdam.. I think its same for nyc haze cuts.. it can be some colombian hybrid done at Florida, or it can be straight from colombia, as they grow afghani genetics from 70´there.. bigherb said it numerous times, incense stuff in Amsterdam is close, but not as good as nyc haze...

My personal opinion, og kush, chem, diesel & Co. come largely from Nevil's work (which comes largely from the states) ...

the_niño

i have not seen or smoked any of the actual piff, but going off what my friends from NYC say that have...
couple of things that I have grown, they say do smell dead on like the piff...
one was a bandaid haze ix from doc d
other was one pheno of nevilles haze x malawi from you....
the longer flowering more neville one is what my NY heads keep asking for more and more of..
gotta get her back in for another run or 3...

nev/mal
picture.php

picture.php

bandaid haze ix
picture.php

picture.php

I dont think nyc uptown haze is from dutch seeds.. look at american cuts like sour diesel or og kush, it doesnt come from any seedbank, it was created by people in underground

it has been stated before, u can ask Adam Dunn who used to think just like urself until he realized sour/diesel - which would be the same cut just grown by different crews (one of them being "sour", nothing to do with tastes, but more with high prices, availabilty, etc) - it was chemdog 91 x super skunk from 1985 seed bank

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
was it some seedbank who made chemdog x super skunk? no.. it was created by people in underground. yes sour diesel or ogkush has probably some northern lights in it, this NL could be from Nevil or not. but definitely he is not creator of it, or any other seedbank period. and its probably the same with those hazes from Florida.. maybe there is some NL5haze in it, but also other things..

Latest posts

Latest posts