What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Limeygreen

Veteran
I thought Sam was doing the breeding for positronics back in the day, a friend had visited positronics back in the 90's and he said the tags inside the breeding area said selections were done by sam. Maybe it is just his memory or maybe referring to the stock as the selections rather than sam actually making the selections.

Raho

Veteran
Like i said earlier i been to Amsterdam more than most and hunted out those Hazes and the best to be found is from the Haze king Neville Schoenmakers

Peace

If you like him so much, you should spell his name right.
It's Nevil

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman
I read this and have to say it is mostly correct, a few minor points are off. I do not want to nit-pick.
In the past I have read so much crap about the Haze it was nice to see the mostly true facts for a change.
I was in all the greenhouses that G and R.L. used to grow, they were not big or fancy. G's first crop was outdoors in the Santa Cruz mountains, they used greenhouses as soon as they could. In the beginning both lived separately just a block or two from my place, I was a close friend of both.
Remember, I was given permission to use and reproduce the genes and the name the Original Haze back in the 70's. Not that most people care, but I did.
As far as I know I am the only one with un-hybridized Haze. Only used for breeding it is amazing what happens when you use it to make Haze/Whatever hybrids, amazing

-SamS

This was in response to my article

The last sentence is another head spinner

1luvbigherb

G

They probably had the same father in 1986 when Wernard got the seeds of the Haze#19. And Tom Hill bought his seeds in 1997 from the Positronics shop.

Nobody knows what and how many selection Sam did since 1986 and I assume that Werner and TH did their own selections. So saying that 33 years and X generations later, they are still the same sounds a bit exagerated to me. But it's just an opinion.

We are just reporting what the breeder Tom Hill, said on the incense trait of his haze. Not more and not less!

Seedsman and THH phenos.
View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

That top pic is the same looks as the TFD o haze from back in the early 2000s

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
tom hill haze, wide leaf and no incense variety :D haha

picture.php

picture.php

there are same green long flowering phenos as in tfd or seedman haze, and much more!

Last edited:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Indian Haze x Mixtiza at 54 days. I can only take this low quality shot with a potato so don't click if you don't like grainy pictures. It gives you an idea though.

Basically this is a Kerala/Ohaze/Oaxaca79/NepJam/Dieselryder hybrid, in that order.

She's yellowing already but there are still lots of white pistils so I'm thinking 70 days for the top buds. Only this one plant germinated after many weeks but it has fulfilled all expectations: a 70 day phenotype from a 140 day haze hybrid. I cut some lower buds to harvest Mixtiza bx seeds and the early testers are promising to put it mildly.

elanius

Veteran
I saw some discussion here about the incense trait in Toms Haze, what is the word? If i remember correctly Tom stated there is no frankincense in his line. Does he commented also specifically on incense as well? Im trying to be careful here :D

harvestreaper

Veteran
Indian Haze x Mixtiza at 54 days. I can only take this low quality shot with a potato so don't click if you don't like grainy pictures. It gives you an idea though.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=994&pictureid=1931102&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Basically this is a Kerala/Ohaze/Oaxaca79/NepJam/Dieselryder hybrid, in that order.

She's yellowing already but there are still lots of white pistils so I'm thinking 70 days for the top buds. Only this one plant germinated after many weeks but it has fulfilled all expectations: a 70 day phenotype from a 140 day haze hybrid. I cut some lower buds to harvest Mixtiza bx seeds and the early testers are promising to put it mildly.
very interesting thread your pic reminded me ive got some seedsman haze crosses somewere i used a haze x malawi male for a while also got a mix pack which contains indian haze sk haze an pure haze ,also got some indian haze x the doors and indian haze x kerala me thinks i need to get poppin

harvestreaper

Veteran
never grown thh but it looks like its got sk crossed in compared to some pure hazes i seen i guess its just a pheno ive not seen ,,we had a lovely sk haze from positonics late 80s early 90s was and still is my alltime fav been trying to recapture her effects for years but not come close ,,yet,,, also is there a reason oldtimers haze is not being mentioned is it linked to seedmans ,,posi,,nevilles sams?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
very interesting thread your pic reminded me ive got some seedsman haze crosses somewere i used a haze x malawi male for a while also got a mix pack which contains indian haze sk haze an pure haze ,also got some indian haze x the doors and indian haze x kerala me thinks i need to get poppin

You definitely should. Are those Seedsman originals? I hope they still pop, I had some difficulty with them in the past. I was thinking about doing Indian Haze x Kerala myself, can't go wrong there. Anything Kerala related is very high on my list as you might have noticed :)

harvestreaper

Veteran
You definitely should. Are those Seedsman originals? I hope they still pop, I had some difficulty with them in the past. I was thinking about doing Indian Haze x Kerala myself, can't go wrong there. Anything Kerala related is very high on my list as you might have noticed :)

ima have a look thru my hazes see what ive got left maybe i should pop the seedsmans <yes originals>and see if any of you can help identify what each of the 3 variteys is ,,
even an open polination on the mix pack would be worthwhile i guess ,,,the kerala i had came from rsc made a cross to mns blck widow with it to, a buddy of mine gave up on that cross after none would show any sighns of flo under 12 12 ive not tried any myself tho

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
never grown thh but it looks like its got sk crossed in compared to some pure hazes i seen i guess its just a pheno ive not seen ,,we had a lovely sk haze from positonics late 80s early 90s was and still is my alltime fav been trying to recapture her effects for years but not come close ,,yet,,, also is there a reason oldtimers haze is not being mentioned is it linked to seedmans ,,posi,,nevilles sams?

it is not crossed to skunk imo. you can still buy haze19 x skunk1 from nirvana seeds. I think at least. not sure now.

here you can compare, pic of THH by Elanius

picture.php

this is pic of haze 19 x skunk by DirtLife

picture.php

do you see what skunk did with it? :D

leet

To play Devil's Advocate , I have seen Original Haze X Skunk that look much more sativa than the first of pic of Tom Hills Haze, down to the leaves buds and overall plant structure.

I agree that Tom Hills line like looks like he selected the absolute fastest plants for generations. Maybe he didn't but thats what it looks like. They do look a bit more "indica" or more colombian than the original haze plants you would get from a pack of seedsman haze. I know some plants look very similar though. I'm not saying that it's not pure haze, and in many pictures they almost look identical, Im just saying that it seems you get some faster and squater and more purple plants than you would in a pack of seedsman OH. Also you can find frankincense in NH and OH but not in THH. There are slight differences for sure. Maybe thats the result of how many generations breeding indoors ? :)

elanius

Veteran
The pic of THH Maha Kala posted is actually from the middle of her bloom period, she went 14 weeks and has the metallic pine smell. I doubt there is skunk in these Hazes, but i understand the confusion, some of them are indeed faster with bit wider leafs, but as we know, there are fast sativas with wide leaf so that does not proves much.
Btw Maha Kala, from all my plants you picked the one i wanted to discuss :D She is one of two phenotypes that leave incense smell in the room. Specifically pine tree resin. Not the boswellia sacra tree (frankincense).

This is the same plant in the end of her cycle, she is still alive as a clone - Haze #16
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
The pic of THH Maha Kala posted is actually from the middle of her bloom period, she went 14 weeks and has the metallic pine smell. I doubt there is skunk in these Hazes, but i understand the confusion, some of them are indeed faster with bit wider leafs, but as we know, there are fast sativas with wide leaf so that does not proves much.
Btw Maha Kala, from all my plants you picked the one i wanted to discuss :D She is one of two phenotypes that leave incense smell in the room. Specifically pine tree resin. Not the boswellia sacra tree (frankincense).

This is the same plant in the end of her cycle, she is still alive as a clone - Haze #16
View Image
View Image View Image

I picked her, because she reminds me haze19 cut the most.. from what I saw... very colombian leafs. definitely no skunk in THH. I grew tons of skunhaze. and while some of them had thinner leafs(doesnt mean THH has wide leafs LOL) than THH, I never had such huge colas on THH plants as on skunkhazes. this is titans haze. THH cant make such huge cola.
picture.php

harvestreaper

Veteran
it is not crossed to skunk imo. you can still buy haze19 x skunk1 from nirvana seeds. I think at least. not sure now.

here you can compare, pic of THH by Elanius

View Image

this is pic of haze 19 x skunk by DirtLife

View Image

do you see what skunk did with it? :D

hi maha khala thankyou for taking the time to give me such a clear example and yes those particular plants do show a considerable diffrence ,,i meant no disrespecct i literally have no idea of the truth of the matter i was just commenting on how it appeared to me ,, ive seen slh x haze,,sk xhaze for example that have shown considerably more sat appearance ,,some of the versions of thh also remind me of some phenos of mns the doors in appearance ,,there seems to be a mystery with all the haze lines as to the exact truth of there genetics so always speculation,,thanks again

harvestreaper

Veteran
To play Devil's Advocate , I have seen Original Haze X Skunk that look much more sativa than the first of pic of Tom Hills Haze, down to the leaves buds and overall plant structure.

I agree that Tom Hills line like looks like he selected the absolute fastest plants for generations. Maybe he didn't but thats what it looks like. They do look a bit more "indica" or more colombian than the original haze plants you would get from a pack of seedsman haze. I know some plants look very similar though. I'm not saying that it's not pure haze, and in many pictures they almost look identical, Im just saying that it seems you get some faster and squater and more purple plants than you would in a pack of seedsman OH. Also you can find frankincense in NH and OH but not in THH. There are slight differences for sure. Maybe thats the result of how many generations breeding indoors ? :)
my sentiments exactly only much better put lol

harvestreaper

Veteran

View Image
View Image View Image

beautifully grown looks real hazey how was the effects ?