What's new

Question for Sam the Skunk Man: Lime Phenos in Skunk?

JetLife175

Veteran
for me sour diesel is skunkweed, skunk hybrid, I agree its not straight skunk. effect is also different to skunk. but there is huge super skunk influence.. when you cross it with haze, you get skunkhaze phenos.. petrochemical smells it gets from chemdog thats sure.. I remember like guys dropped ecsd from their gardens before 2010.. with that they can grow ecsd x chemdog or ecsd x og kush, and its quicker than ecsd. now they want it back, because its not chemdog.. neither its kush.. dont stop posting Schwinn, it is very inspirational discussion

I’m not trying to discourage the search at all. I’m just understanding enough of the skunk genepool and evolution of said genepool extremely well.

And the sour.... it’s a chem that happens to have some skunk influence in my eyes. And that’s from growing daywrecker/original diesel/headband/aj/Chaco/and other ECSD cuts sourced from private parties. It’s all chem to me. The ecsd is the best of the bunch and the aj expresses the most skunk traits to me. Ecsd x OG is the shit. I’m actually about to do that cross myself soon. Nothing like a good sour kush.

I’m not trying to discourage the search at all. I’m just understanding enough of the skunk genepool and evolution of said genepool extremely well.

And the sour.... it’s a chem that happens to have some skunk influence in my eyes. And that’s from growing daywrecker/original diesel/headband/aj/Chaco/and other ECSD cuts sourced from private parties. It’s all chem to me. The ecsd is the best of the bunch and the aj expresses the most skunk traits to me. Ecsd x OG is the shit. I’m actually about to do that cross myself soon. Nothing like a good sour kush.

My nose is telling me that chemdawg is a rks hybrid. To be honest I've never even come across chemdawg pure, or northern lights, and I've only had an ounce of rks and a gram of what I was told was skunk that smelled like limes to go off of.

I tried some killer Jack Herer once, and smelled a few bags of J1 and cracker jack. I tried a few other strains that are known skunk hybrids. So my picture is pretty incomplete.

I tried a .4 nug in 2004 that smelled like freshly crushed black pepper and freshly cut pinaples and I tried c99 once too.

I only put together this last week that the .4 nug was haze, the black pepper pheno. And that according to heresay that that's Sam's selection of haze he's used in at least one cross.

I thought c99 sucked. I thought sweet tooth sucked. I thought the refined skunk was better than the rks. So, that puts me at odds with almost every single hype train I've seen on icmag.

Sam is rumored to have selected away from the rks, which I agree with. I liked the black pepper haze pheno selection better than what was in Jack Herrer and I thought SSH sucked compared to JH.

I like haze but not haze hybrids derived from Nevilles selections with Northern Lights. Which leads me to believe I don't like northern Lights which was in white widow that I didn't like.

This leads me to believe that I like sam_skunkman's selections when it comes to cannabis. That's the truth.

I don't know or care about all the lore too much I just want to know where to find the cannabis I like. I mean I respect the labor of those that came before and the sacrifices but not to the point of being a sycophant.

The lime is gone and it's a shame. The stuff was amazing. It deserved to be preserved. Who knows though, I might like the Lemon Skunk even more. Although I doubt it.

In my opinion the lime spectrum of terps have a higher note than lemons which have a higher note than orange. So, I think only the Limes spectrum can give me that neon effect. There's something magical about it.

I found a few skunks of interest and I can find limes elsewhere so the material is there to recreate it.

I wonder if what you’re looking for is a mexi x skunk hybrid. I have some mexi brick bagseed that has some heavy citrus phenos. From Veg all the way through the cure for it has a very sweet citrus smell to it.
But I can say it looks nothing like what you have described. This is a darker green with rust/brown hairs and has a very up but introverted and paranoia inducing high. This stuff will have you thinking so much that you don’t know if actually said something or if it was just your inner dialogue.
Take that stuff and cross it to the right skunk the right way and you may have what your looking for. Get the appearance from the skunk, the smells and terps from the mexi and get the right combo of both highs and it could be some very motivating, happy herb.
Possibly but that Mexican bagseed strain sounds terrible!

What I liked about the lime was it took me to the edge... then made me laugh my ass off.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I had limes only once, I found it in my sour og, I call it sour lime, but it was also pine caramel from ogk.. I lost that cut, but maybe somebody still has it...
picture.php

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Sounds like Ohaze proper is what I want.

Skunk taken in a different direction to pretty much everything else out there
from a starting point to what I desire.

Based on my grows and crosses, Sam's T Haze checks all the boxes.

Black pepper phenos.

T Haze crossed with a fruity wide leaf type to a lime pheno.

And just for fun, a Zamaldelica selection for Pineapple.

Speculation is okay, but the grow and pheno hunt is where
the rest of us live.

The seeds are commercially available, check back with us in a few months on your results.

J-Icky

Possibly but that Mexican bagseed strain sounds terrible!

What I liked about the lime was it took me to the edge... then made me laugh my ass off.

Well I wouldn’t say it’s horrible but it can be overwhelming compared to today’s indica heavy hybrids and even the bud it came from. Obviously mexi brick isn’t dealt with very good at any level from the grow to the cure to the packaging so by the time one gets it the high can be completely different than it’s genetic potential.

So if your not a sativa fan then it’s def not for you but if you are and know what to expect then the paranoia won’t be there. Once one is accustomed to its effects it can actually be very motivating and happy.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I crossed ecsd with mextiza, didnt grow it, but my friend heirloomgrower did and he said its very mextiza dominant, so I think I have it, lemony mexican skunk :D this is mextiza, one of the most stimulating sativa hybrids I tried..
picture.php

I had limes only once, I found it in my sour og, I call it sour lime, but it was also pine caramel from ogk.. I lost that cut, but maybe somebody still has it... View Image

Yeah, as much as I loved the lime terps that one time. I liked the lemon, orange, pine, black pepper, and terps that made up the 90's blueberry. The lime terps were the perfect mix of medicinal and recreational for me but ultimately I need the medicinal aspects and can live without the recreational.

Based on my grows and crosses, Sam's T Haze checks all the boxes.

Black pepper phenos.

T Haze crossed with a fruity wide leaf type to a lime pheno.

And just for fun, a Zamaldelica selection for Pineapple.

Speculation is okay, but the grow and pheno hunt is where
the rest of us live.

The seeds are commercially available, check back with us in a few months on your results.

The black pepper terps are the only sativa terps I trust for my medical condition and ultimately that purpose is my priority over all others. It's not because I'm a sativa lover but because the sativa indica mix in pretty much all but a select few hyrbids wreck havoc on my system. It kind of puts me in a unique position to create medicine though.

There are some pure indicas, like tom hills, deep chunk that provide a clear head and medical properties I need. So either some sort of salad bowl or very carefully selected hybrids are the ticket for me.

I wish I was in a position right now to just do a grow out and get positive feedback on the forum but, unfortunately, I'm not. I just have a legitimate medical need to be addressed and the only cure I have found for it exists in specific terpene and canibinoid profiles. If I wait too long then my medicine and sources for the ingredients to create it will cease to exist.

The "medical" cannabis industry doesn't really cater to my legitimate medical conditions unfortunately. To be honest I'm a little salty about it.

Well I wouldn’t say it’s horrible but it can be overwhelming compared to today’s indica heavy hybrids and even the bud it came from. Obviously mexi brick isn’t dealt with very good at any level from the grow to the cure to the packaging so by the time one gets it the high can be completely different than it’s genetic potential.

So if your not a sativa fan then it’s def not for you but if you are and know what to expect then the paranoia won’t be there. Once one is accustomed to its effects it can actually be very motivating and happy.

Yeah, idk either. It might be possible or maybe it just depends on slight differences from plant to plant. The selection process seems like playing Russian roulette to me :/

I'm not a "sativa fan" because I don't have enough experience with sativa's proper to be one. Pretty much everything I have encountered has been a hybrid

I crossed ecsd with mextiza, didnt grow it, but my friend heirloomgrower did and he said its very mextiza dominant, so I think I have it, lemony mexican skunk :D this is mextiza, one of the most stimulating sativa hybrids I tried.. View Image

That seems really promising! Yeah, my only concern really is that mextiza is unavailable. So, I'm really interested in the Oaxaca79 but I'm really worried about it being 'ruined' for me by Ace's selections.

I have faith he will select for something that will be great for most but that doesn't mean it will be great for me.

I really wish he'd just cross it with a great selection of lemon skunk enstead of trying to be so fancy all the time.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran

to me ecsd is different than chemdog, although its chemdog hybrid. my angle of view is different. as I dont grow chemdogs usually, its like 4 years I grew chemD last time.. I smoke haze most of the time, so I have different nose for it and for me its all skunkweed including chemdog in difference to hazeweed.. if you will backcross to ecsd and incross it further you would see what phenos would pop up, a lot of super skunk phenos, sure its not identical to super skunk, by no mean, but I see it in the mix and also see there is something third except of skunk and chemdog..

ECSD has Massachusetts Super Skunk in it.

There is no Skunk in any Chem that I know of but I guess it could be a possibility that they are related, I definitely could see it...

funkyhorse

I think its same variety sold by seedsman and DNA also. collaboration between skunkman, who delivered pollen probably and DNA seeds. it would be nice if zif could chime in and tell us if he found something lemony, as I read its citrus lemon hash flavor.. sure it will be acrid from skunk1--- "an aftertaste of citrus upon exhale" .. or: "She is great tasting particularly, lemony with a funk." or: "SleeStack’s incredible aroma make it a favorite among citrus lovers. It has a strong tangy scent complemented by a sweet lemon with a hint of diesel that fills the room once the buds are crushed. Its flavors mirror its smell: like herbal tea steeped in citrus water." thats what I read in reports.

The Resinator Seedsman Skunkman Range
Sleestack x Skunk 54 days
Female 1
picture.php

Wheat pheno 54 days
picture.php
picture.php

haze*ekiel420

Heyhey ☀️

The Resinator Seedsman Skunkman Range
Sleestack x Skunk 54 days
Female 1
picture.php

Wheat pheno 54 days
Sorry, maybe its been too Long, but i have a Cut of resinator and was wondering if you have any memories left? How many were you growing, how was the smell/taste/yield? Do Yo have more Pictures or Even better a Full Report?

Take Care 🪬

Latest posts

Latest posts