What's new

Question for Sam the Skunk Man: Lime Phenos in Skunk?

From this thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=338141

“What about Sam's ORIGINAL Skunk #1?

Sam did say he does have a cache of Skunk #1 seeds..
However, they germinate at just above 10+ %, and he wouldn't sell them to the market place. The curious and exciting thing about these seeds is that they were derived from the Skunk #1 seed that Sam developed in the US during the 70's and early 80's, not from the 'refined' skunk #1 line that resulted from the test cross program that created the dutch Skunk #1

This seed lot is a raw open pollinated field grown reproduction of these original Skunk #1 seeds. This means there is more genetic variability than the line-bred and tightly progeny tested Skunk #1 that has been replicated in Holland for decades. If you wanted to start your own Skunk #1 breeding project, this is what you would want to start with as it's the closest thing you will find to what was brought to Holland in the 80's. Don't let that make you think these are random crosses of skunk, these seeds had already undergone a decade of selection in Monterey County, and just farther north in Santa Cruz.”

In regards to the Ancestral Skunk, that’s why you can still find the RKS phenotype in there supposedly.

I think the the stock is from early 90´, not sure though, info is out there..

From this thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=338141
ah, ok. thanks

“What about Sam's ORIGINAL Skunk #1?

Sam did say he does have a cache of Skunk #1 seeds..
However, they germinate at just above 10+ %, and he wouldn't sell them to the market place. The curious and exciting thing about these seeds is that they were derived from the Skunk #1 seed that Sam developed in the US during the 70's and early 80's, not from the 'refined' skunk #1 line that resulted from the test cross program that created the dutch Skunk #1

This seed lot is a raw open pollinated field grown reproduction of these original Skunk #1 seeds. This means there is more genetic variability than the line-bred and tightly progeny tested Skunk #1 that has been replicated in Holland for decades. If you wanted to start your own Skunk #1 breeding project, this is what you would want to start with as it's the closest thing you will find to what was brought to Holland in the 80's. Don't let that make you think these are random crosses of skunk, these seeds had already undergone a decade of selection in Monterey County, and just farther north in Santa Cruz.”

In regards to the Ancestral Skunk, that’s why you can still find the RKS phenotype in there supposedly.

Ok, Yeah. I don't want that. I want the refined stuff.

Late 80's and beyond I guess until it started turning into OG and Sour D.

If what I remember is closer to what the later stuff is then I think it's a major improvement on the earlier stuff.

loyral

About 20 years ago or so I came across a bag of what I was told was skunk. The nugs were neon lime green like a tennis ball with orange hairs and it smelled like limes with maybe an underlying ginger note that turned the intensity of the smell up a few decibles.

These nugs had character, let me tell you, and somehow that neon element translated perfectly from the the look, to the smell n taste and the high itself. Like, a zooming vibratory ring that transformed ones face into a fixed shit eating grin. Everything was brighter, colors, sounds, and touch like every sense had been turned into a tickle trigger with nonstop silliness and laughter. The very definition of permagrin weed.

As Far as distinctness and bag appeal goes I'd say this was right up there with East Coast Sour Diesel but with a much more positive high.

Everyone's always losing their shit over the legendary road kill pheno but, man, this shit all over the road kill pheno and refined the nuggetry into some kind of neon lime alien candy.

So, Sam and anyone else familiar with skunk, was this skunk? Have you found phenos like this in skunk? Where can I find this again? What will it take for me to have this back in my life?

Thanks.

Hi, SKUNK1# REG. from Dutch Passion in 2006 is what u want.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
tiphat.gif
[/FONT]

zif

Veteran
Mine are all very loud. Live plant and fresh product have a complex profile, but there is a fair amount of variation from plant to plant.

All have a striking, sweet top note. They also have a strong bubblehash aroma. Literally that standard washed resin smell, but very strong for buds in my experience. The rest varies plant to plant. One has a definite grape soda & red wine nose, another is more mint & bitter citrus (pithy grapefruit). Haven’t pinned down a third yet, but it’s nice, too.

:tiphat:

I think its same variety sold by seedsman and DNA also. collaboration between skunkman, who delivered pollen probably and DNA seeds. it would be nice if zif could chime in and tell us if he found something lemony, as I read its citrus lemon hash flavor.. sure it will be acrid from skunk1--- "an aftertaste of citrus upon exhale" .. or: "She is great tasting particularly, lemony with a funk." or: "SleeStack’s incredible aroma make it a favorite among citrus lovers. It has a strong tangy scent complemented by a sweet lemon with a hint of diesel that fills the room once the buds are crushed. Its flavors mirror its smell: like herbal tea steeped in citrus water." thats what I read in reports.

Happy Times

It's probably in that black lime reserve og cut. Probably would have to cross to a skunk 1 then select through a bunch of f2's and line breed it to get it where I want... dammit. :/

Probably worth it though.

You’d have something pretty unique there if you got it where you liked! Doesn’t seem like much commercially available stuff in line with what you are searching for

JetLife175

Veteran
Bro you’re beating a dead ass horse. And where does sour and OG come in? Those plants were around mid 90s widely and I’m sure you didn’t have any of that when it was locked down. Nor are they anything like actual skunk save for the sour. Which isn’t a skunk in my eyes.

You’re chasing a ghost bro. Stop posting and buy some seed. It’s THE ONLY way you will know for sure.

loyral

commercial scale breeders most likely change their parent stock anyway over the years or outsource the production..never got the same genetics twice from no breeder, never..

lots of scammer genetics out there endless imo..running a cali conn..sfv.og kush fem right now that smells like orange tictac cbd trash weed...also running few dosicake phenos from archive..smells like lemon dish soap lemon larry most likely everything is trash imo lol..

popped many packs over the last 3 years nothing stays..wish there was a thread for stay away strains/banks but somehow sheple stay quite[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
biggrin.gif
[/FONT]

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
would you mind describing the effects for me?

Haze effect, quick onset with a solid 90 minutes of
euphoria and easy ramp down to earth.

No slumping sleepy time, easily a daytime smoke.

Didn't keep the plant, as the thunk out performed the crosses.

But i hold a couple dozen seeds from the cross and will re visit them soon.

TheDarkStorm

Dna lemon skunk...if its still the same
Las vegas mega lemon x eddies skunk#1
This is how loads of my own looked....not my picture tho

Attachments

• lemon-skunk_2862_1_.jpg
    lemon-skunk_2862_1_.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 35

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
for me sour diesel is skunkweed, skunk hybrid, I agree its not straight skunk. effect is also different to skunk. but there is huge super skunk influence.. when you cross it with haze, you get skunkhaze phenos.. petrochemical smells it gets from chemdog thats sure.. I remember like guys dropped ecsd from their gardens before 2010.. with that they can grow ecsd x chemdog or ecsd x og kush, and its quicker than ecsd. now they want it back, because its not chemdog.. neither its kush.. dont stop posting Schwinn, it is very inspirational discussion

You’d have something pretty unique there if you got it where you liked! Doesn’t seem like much commercially available stuff in line with what you are searching for
Yeah, I don't know. Maybe.

Bro you’re beating a dead ass horse. And where does sour and OG come in? Those plants were around mid 90s widely and I’m sure you didn’t have any of that when it was locked down. Nor are they anything like actual skunk save for the sour. Which isn’t a skunk in my eyes.

You’re chasing a ghost bro. Stop posting and buy some seed. It’s THE ONLY way you will know for sure.

My working theory is that sour is (g13hashplant x RKS) x super skunk

That OG is a refined skunk or possibly a refined skunk cross hybridized to some killer northern lights.

That glue is a killer northern lights hybridized with a killer white widow.

I want to figure it out so I know where to start with what I like.

Thanks though.

commercial scale breeders most likely change their parent stock anyway over the years or outsource the production..never got the same genetics twice from no breeder, never..

lots of scammer genetics out there endless imo..running a cali conn..sfv.og kush fem right now that smells like orange tictac cbd trash weed...also running few dosicake phenos from archive..smells like lemon dish soap lemon larry most likely everything is trash imo lol..

popped many packs over the last 3 years nothing stays..wish there was a thread for stay away strains/banks but somehow sheple stay quite[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT]

Yeah, that's what's so confusing. There is so much marketing and hype.

Haze effect, quick onset with a solid 90 minutes of
euphoria and easy ramp down to earth.

No slumping sleepy time, easily a daytime smoke.

Didn't keep the plant, as the thunk out performed the crosses.

But i hold a couple dozen seeds from the cross and will re visit them soon.

sounds like Ohaze proper is what I want.

Dna lemon skunk...if its still the same
Las vegas mega lemon x eddies skunk#1
This is how loads of my own looked....not my picture tho

Thanks! Looks promising. Skunk taken in a different direction to pretty much everything else out there from a starting point to what I desire.

for me sour diesel is skunkweed, skunk hybrid, I agree its not straight skunk. effect is also different to skunk. but there is huge super skunk influence.. when you cross it with haze, you get skunkhaze phenos.. petrochemical smells it gets from chemdog thats sure.. I remember like guys dropped ecsd from their gardens before 2010.. with that they can grow ecsd x chemdog or ecsd x og kush, and its quicker than ecsd. now they want it back, because its not chemdog.. neither its kush.. dont stop posting Schwinn, it is very inspirational discussion

ECSD is or was special, unfortunately, I didn't like it too much. It was primo fire though.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure most of the elites are a reshuffling of past elites like, northern lights, g13hashplant, RKS, White widow with the more refined skunk. As much as everyone craves the skunky skunk online it's still there with the chemdawg. Maybe people just want the old skunk minus the, what I think is, g13Hasplant.

I remember years back that there was this giant backlash against skunk online. Which created the landrace market, which I am pretty happy about. Ironically the recipe for turning landraces into fire seems to be tried and true with hybridizing it with a refined skunk or refined skunk cross and/or Ohaze.

I just want the refined skunk minus the northern lights and chemdawg. That and Ohaze!

Thankfully, it's still exists!

Now, if I could just find that cup winning bubblegum selfed!

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
not sure about widow in glue :D I think its very chemdog, in this case sister with pieces of sourdubb and chocolate diesel, but good cut of mr. nice shark shock, 77 days pheno, was some fire up there with ecsd. I like ecsd, because its sour. but I am also nostalgic after sweet musky hashy varieties from 90´ :D after 2000 it got even more sweet with blueberry, sweet tooth, cindy99 or candy sweet widow here ..but I feel like I built less tolerance to sour than to sweets.. so sour for life! I like sour x ogk cross very much, more than super skunk or jack herrer for example.. I would not mind sour lime skunk though.. also I prefer acidic haze over sweet ones :D its all subjective though.

not sure about widow in glue :D I think its very chemdog, in this case sister with pieces of sourdubb and chocolate diesel, but good cut of mr. nice shark shock, 77 days pheno, was some fire up there with ecsd. I like ecsd, because its sour. but I am also nostalgic after sweet musky hashy varieties from 90´ :D after 2000 it got even more sweet with blueberry, sweet tooth, cindy99 or candy sweet widow here ..but I feel like I built less tolerance to sour than to sweets.. so sour for life! I like sour x ogk cross very much, more than super skunk or jack herrer for example.. I would not mind sour lime skunk though.. also I prefer acidic haze over sweet ones :D its all subjective though.

Once corona virus calms down i'll just have to go out and try the black lime reserve and lemon skunk and see what I think.

I might be more than happy with one of those.

I'm not sure if it was the lime terps or what it was exactly that made it so great for me. It's just how I remember it being. When ever I hear of the "happy Mexican high" I think of that limey skunk. Maybe a skunk 1 or lemon skunk or whatever crossed into one of Ace's Oaxacan79 releases would be the golden ticket for me.

In any case I always wanted that skunk crossed into bubblegum as it was vibrating a bit high without any comforting base notes.

Who knows though, it might not turn out how I imagine it would and the bubble gum might mucky up the high.

What was your take on mexitza?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT]

honestly, dude this is my fear.

At least the mel frank skunk stock seems legit but the price is ridiculous.

Also I don't know the history of skunk's breeding progression. I don't know if by that time he had bred out the skunky skunk and refined it yet. I really don't want to reinvent the wheel I want the skunk that Sam Bred the crap out of and refined.

I, contrary to most, do not want the RKS. I want the sweet skunk. I want the TFD stock pre sensi take over.

I suppose he's sort of in a bind though if he's trying to help out a friend and by giving me info he hurts his buddies sales. But 20 a seed is highway robbery.

and F*** the RKS hype the refined skunk is better.

J-Icky

I wonder if what you’re looking for is a mexi x skunk hybrid. I have some mexi brick bagseed that has some heavy citrus phenos. From Veg all the way through the cure for it has a very sweet citrus smell to it.
But I can say it looks nothing like what you have described. This is a darker green with rust/brown hairs and has a very up but introverted and paranoia inducing high. This stuff will have you thinking so much that you don’t know if actually said something or if it was just your inner dialogue.
Take that stuff and cross it to the right skunk the right way and you may have what your looking for. Get the appearance from the skunk, the smells and terps from the mexi and get the right combo of both highs and it could be some very motivating, happy herb.