What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Peruvian golds from deep in the #jungle of the Amazon rain forest in atalaya where #chocolate originated.

my guess is this pure #landrace #columbiangold came to the region with #coca producers from #Columbia in the 80s when the columbian government cracked down on cartels and they moved to #peru and #Bolivia where to my knowledge has been untouched since

there is a diversity from chocolate, woods and #roadkillskunk. very pungent either way. but looking for the skunkers for my road-kill project I revived last year after taking a 10 year break.

#medmanbrand #lordofloud #loudskunk #skunk

20230227_131001.jpg
20230227_131011.jpg
20230227_131014.jpg
20230227_131017.jpg

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I made the X18 repro I kept samples in baggies from all the (seeded) female plants.
I've never smelled a skunk but Tom told me that some of the plants smell like RKS...same with his North Indian Indica line.
I remember very well those days...Tom and I sitting at the table,evaluating the samples ...there were a lot...like 70 or so lol
I was familiar with almost all the dutch skunks released...and hybrids.
According to Tom , some of the samples smelled like RKS...
A kind of phecal putrid smell that I dont like

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
When I made the X18 repro I kept samples in baggies from all the (seeded) female plants.
I've never smelled a skunk but Tom told me that some of the plants smell like RKS...same with his North Indian Indica line.
I remember very well those days...Tom and I sitting at the table,evaluating the samples ...there were a lot...like 70 or so lol
I was familiar with almost all the dutch skunks released...and hybrids.
According to Tom , some of the samples smelled like RKS...
A kind of phecal putrid smell that I dont like
Coincidentally I am vaping some (X18 x PTK) x Uzbek right now, bred by Mustafunk. I assume the first part of the cross comes from your repro :)

These plants are not skunky at all, they taste more like sour fruit. Green apples come to mind. Do you think they could be leaning towards the PTK part of the cross?

IMG_20231212_210407.jpg

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Starting around 1840, there was a breeding program endorsed by the US govt to breed pharmaceutical weed.
They gathered strains from around the world and grew em from the Iron Mountains in the US down to the eastern coast of Mexico.
The program stopped around Anslinger's time, 1930-ish, at which point the outlaw hillbillies of the Iron Mountains kept many of the strains going, like Skunk, which Sam's crew in Cali got a hold of abd continued.

So, the Skunk phenos found in Mexi could easily come from old pollution breeding done with Arab hashplants nearly 200 yrs ago.

there are VERY skunky Mexican plants....

whether they came via hybridization w Afghani or not

ChemDogLover

Starting around 1840, there was a breeding program endorsed by the US govt to breed pharmaceutical weed.
They gathered strains from around the world and grew em from the Iron Mountains in the US down to the eastern coast of Mexico.
The program stopped around Anslinger's time, 1930-ish, at which point the outlaw hillbillies of the Iron Mountains kept many of the strains going, like Skunk, which Sam's crew in Cali got a hold of abd continued.

So, the Skunk phenos found in Mexi could easily come from old pollution breeding done with Arab hashplants nearly 200 yrs ago.
Do you know what this program was called? I would like to learn more.

Dime

Do you know what this program was called? I would like to learn more.
Here's some info on when Parke Davis got into it,that was when the best was around before prohibition stopped it and the money so it became worthless.I remember reading other pharma co like Eli Lily also went to India to find the most pyschoactive plants and took seeds and cutting back to save the trips and make it in America . They did the same with cocaine when it was used for dentistry not grow coc but imported it .

Wolverine97

Veteran
Ive found a lot of plants that have a stronger skunk aroma in veg.. Once in flower, most are lost or gone. The only thing that makes sense is there very volatile and burn off at lower temps. The hotter it gets the more is lost.
Death Star is one that is pretty damn skunky, and holds onto that skunk smell through cure. I have a keeper from a pack I got from a Michigan based breeder, which is also very heavy on the skunk tones, but with some burnt orange peel in there too. It's frickin delicious. I also had a keeper from some Sky Cuddler Kush (Mean Gene), which had a definite skunk note to it, still have a small jar going on two years old and the smell is still there.

ChemDogLover

Here's some info on when Parke Davis got into it,that was when the best was around before prohibition stopped it and the money so it became worthless.I remember reading other pharma co like Eli Lily also went to India to find the most pyschoactive plants and took seeds and cutting back to save the trips and make it in America . They did the same with cocaine when it was used for dentistry not grow coc but imported it .

Thanks

eastcoastjoe

Charlie says Peruvians arw pure colombians.

And that the hybrids are in equador.

Confirmation bias.... do we get it now? Or do you need me to post the definition too? Lol read em and weep...

I guess I have to becuase conformation bias will just create a new definition here haha

I will grab a picture so all the confused can easily interpret it k?

30k people have engaged this thread in 2 weeks. It's like ic in the 2000's numbers before ig and fb came along

So. Lets remove the cherry picking, goal post moving, non verifiable conspiracies and just focus on the facts presented. Then we can remove the emotional motivates bias....and focus on this beautiful origonal line of colombian gold that fell in my lap. Becuase it wasn't a seed hunting mission until I smelled the deep dank skunk from up river every night after ceremonies

View attachment 18931814

mm

Here’s some evidence you ignore. You sold a lie to people. You never had roadkill skunk 10 years ago. You ripped people off. That’s confirmed 👍🏼

eastcoastjoe

I have tons of respect for Charlie but I think it’s ridiculous for ANYONE, to make a statement like that saying that only one variety grows across an entire country. Especially since all these Dutch hybrids have infiltrated all corners of the globe. What a crock of shit that is. I don’t even believe he said that

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I watched a strainhunters episode once and I can't recall where they were looking for landraces and they recognized one of their strains in a patch.
I liked the episode where they were nearly lynched by local farmers once they realised the hunters were basically robbing their genetics. I wonder what happened to all the stuff they collected? I don't pay much attention to Greenhouse but did they release anything of their strain hunters stuff?

X15

Charlie says Peruvians arw pure colombians.

And that the hybrids are in equador.

Confirmation bias.... do we get it now? Or do you need me to post the definition too? Lol read em and weep...

I guess I have to becuase conformation bias will just create a new definition here haha

I will grab a picture so all the confused can easily interpret it k?

30k people have engaged this thread in 2 weeks. It's like ic in the 2000's numbers before ig and fb came along

So. Lets remove the cherry picking, goal post moving, non verifiable conspiracies and just focus on the facts presented. Then we can remove the emotional motivates bias....and focus on this beautiful origonal line of colombian gold that fell in my lap. Becuase it wasn't a seed hunting mission until I smelled the deep dank skunk from up river every night after ceremonies

View attachment 18931814

mm
Check out this guys Instagram pages. All of them. He has many. His web sites too.

Also,
To anyone who hasn’t been reading his previously posted bs… Let this be a lesson to the new members & beginner growers ,… do your research before buying seeds. Ask around too. Use your better judgement and try not to fall for the claims made by such Seed Makers/fertilizer experts/ world travelers/ neo shaman/ landrace expert/ rks expert. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

There’s many factors in cannabis cultivation… don’t let the same pitch be one of them.

There’s a lot of scam artists in this industry unfortunately.

But! We can always take something good from something bad and 30k people may have just experienced that.

Edit: not same, scam*

Last edited:

Wolverine97

Veteran
I have tons of respect for Charlie but I think it’s ridiculous for ANYONE, to make a statement like that saying that only one variety grows across an entire country. Especially since all these Dutch hybrids have infiltrated all corners of the globe. What a crock of shit that is. I don’t even believe he said that
I don't think that's what he actually said. I specifically recall him saying the red, black, and gold were all likely still present in Peru, Ecuador, and maybe Colombia itself, in the south.

Status
Not open for further replies.