What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Peruvian golds from deep in the #jungle of the Amazon rain forest in atalaya where #chocolate originated.

my guess is this pure #landrace #columbiangold came to the region with #coca producers from #Columbia in the 80s when the columbian government cracked down on cartels and they moved to #peru and #Bolivia where to my knowledge has been untouched since

there is a diversity from chocolate, woods and #roadkillskunk. very pungent either way. but looking for the skunkers for my road-kill project I revived last year after taking a 10 year break.

#medmanbrand #lordofloud #loudskunk #skunk

20230227_131001.jpg
20230227_131011.jpg
20230227_131014.jpg
20230227_131017.jpg

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I think hermies come from NLD or hemp getting tossed into the mix,have you grown a known pure BLD plant that hermies? I haven't but that doesn't mean anything . This has been jme.
we had some afghan an aussie collected while he was over there ,
definite hermies among them , mostly just early on ones that could be dispatched ,
and the rest had no issues ,
we made a hybrid with another indica dom variety ,
then i used a male from it over sour diesel ,,
sadly the male showed female parts later in flowering ,
but im yet to see any issues in the seed made from his pollen ....

Dime

I know they have strains of hemp they breed to intentionally hermi because they produce higher yields of grain and shive for gaskets and bottle corks and oil . I read an article from one of the hemp breeders and he said they have to keep selecting for Monoecious strains or in a short time they revert back to their normal dioecious state.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you have a true pure landrace. Like this colombian gold for instance. Or most equatorial. Hermies are very natural as open pollination over hundreds of years keeps a massive genepool. Generally 20-25% are true hermie. With some male clusters expected here and there on the "female" plants

Afghanis and pakis will do it too. Just not as high as 25%

mm

Dime

Before the drug war and people started growing clandestine and sensi became the rage it wasn't even talked about. All the imported weed that was seeded must have had some intersex plants among them at some point.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I know they have strains of hemp they breed to intentionally hermi because they produce higher yields of grain and shive for gaskets and bottle corks and oil . I read an article from one of the hemp breeders and he said they have to keep selecting for Monoecious strains or in a short time they revert back to their normal dioecious state.
yea ive read that too dime,
i wonder if they are a bit more vigorous also ..

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
If you have a true pure landrace. Like this colombian gold for instance. Or most equatorial. Hermies are very natural as open pollination over hundreds of years keeps a massive genepool. Generally 20-25% are true hermie. With some male clusters expected here and there on the "female" plants

Afghanis and pakis will do it too. Just not as high as 25%

mm
perhaps that is because the equatorial stuff is grown for flowers ,
so they remove all males , so any seed in the crop is from hermies ,
i read that places like thailand used to get a persont to breed seed and they would purchase it to grow crops..

whereas in some places , im not sure if all ,indica grown for hashish still has some male floating around pollinating the girls as a few seeds is no issue ...
this is speculation really ,, but could have some basis for differences in % of hermie plants perhaps ..

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Yes, but after over 100 pages you've convinced no one that you have a pure landrace, let alone Colombian Gold. The only thing accurate in the title is Peru!

The entire thread is misleading the community and trolling in my opinion.
this is true , i remain unconvinced they are a pure colombian/peruvian , or pure sativa ,
the flowering time on some is just too fast , and some of the flowers ive seen are just not like most equatorial sativas ...

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Seems a mod removed my last post. Not sure why as it was on topic. I'll repeat some of it. If you are going to allow this thread to remain, at least allow the topic to be discussed.

After over 100 pages you've convinced no one that you have a pure landrace, let alone Colombian Gold. All you have is something you found in Peru, which may or may not relate to Colombian Gold.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
this is true , i remain unconvinced they are a pure colombian/peruvian , or pure sativa ,
the flowering time on some is just too fast , and some of the flowers ive seen are just not like most equatorial sativas ...
It's to broad leaved to be a pure Colombian. I'm not convinced either. You should have a flowering time of at least 16 weeks. Seedsman OHz was Colombian and the leaves very narrow.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 18946842
Colombian Gold pic from the book Marijuana Grower's Guide from Ed Rosenthal & Mel Frank.
Haven't seen anything like this in this topic.

Looks identical

Maybe you guys would enjoy your life's more if you were here to learn something vs spending every oz of energy trying to slander and make me look bad?

Paranoia will distroya

mm

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ICAMG is a great sorce for info

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ICAMG is a great sorce for info

I appreciate you sharing these. I will mull thru them

Sadley. The cg / med-man deniers here aren't really into truth or reference material.....and are just hung up on making me look bad / confirmation bias

There's a few select breeders from the 70s still around today that sadley don't and won't post on ic that still hold pure gold like me. They opt to post on more professional and open minded platforms sadley as their experience and Info is well needed here....ironically not appreciated here. See the pattern?

mm

Wolverine97

Veteran
Seems a mod removed my last post. Not sure why as it was on topic. I'll repeat some of it. If you are going to allow this thread to remain, at least allow the topic to be discussed.

After over 100 pages you've convinced no one that you have a pure landrace, let alone Colombian Gold. All you have is something you found in Peru, which may or may not relate to Colombian Gold.
Same here. And mine was really innocuous. Yet OP continues openly trolling the thread.
Cool.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
med-man brand: critics to crickets

I will have to report any more conspiracy theories that this isn't cg as off topic trolling by the folks that have never grown it or even smoked it for that matter. Or even taken the time to read the thread but feel entitled to spam misinfo

Sharing your opinion once is fine. 100x is borderline bunny boiler status....no one cares

Screenshot_20240116_165935_Samsung Internet.jpg

mm

Status
Not open for further replies.