What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

:::::::Pipeline Gardens 2023:::::::

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Views from last weekend, some sun and some shade. Its was very cool when the shade came in. Another reason not to over-water this time of year. Although they need to start being flushed. May water with about 75-80 gal I think is about right.

full

full

full

full

See that 2 topped-in-one blockhead SCC plant center right
full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Different view of the blockhead SCC

full

Deep Chunk x Blueberry

full

DC x BB

full

DC x BB with root rot-- pulled on the plant to give it the tug test and it broke a root, looked at it again a few minutes later and it pulled right out. Obviously was diseased because foliage wasn't standing up and leaves were yelling and turning purple fast.

full

DC x BB-- Big yielder with lots of sun exposure, lots of large trichomes already :smoke:

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Deep Chunk x Blueberry-- Couple other views of it, I like this plant. Smells mellow fruity sweet, similar to a blueberry. They all smell similar being an F1 hybrid.

full

DC x Blueberry

full

Deep Chunk x Blueberry

full

DC x BB

full

DC x Las Vegas Purple Kush x Hindu Kush

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Paradise Cheese x Hindu Kush--Starting to stack again on the tops! Was fully seeded

full

Deep Chunk x Las Vegas Purple Kush x Hindu Kush

full

DC x LVPK x HK

full

Pine Tar Kush

full

PTK

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We're hanging in there. :smoke:

After the rain yesterday evening, most of the plants are leaning a bit. Just a few are down to the fence, but they will be alright as long as they get good air circulation and some sun. Going to try to let them ripen to a week or 2 into October and start harvesting.

The ones I staked did well in the storm,and stayed in place. I may try to find some big sticks to stake the others with. It would be better to stand them up and help the plants get more sun as well as dry out the flowers.

After that rain, the morning dew and fog is going to turn the pressure up on mold, so will have to get them back in order if possible.

full

2022--Plants did well being left alone to lean last year, but they were lighter yield with less foliage. This year they could use staking on some of them. Ran out of time this evening, but will get it done tomorrow afternoon.

full

full

right

Beautiful Mr Pipeline. Is this something you are pulling off under forest canopy or are they in full sun . I could hide .any plants in the forest.

I grew a crop in a forest Glen up north in Michigan, that got a good amount of sun .But as the season moved on the shade from the trees kept creeping closer. It was a constant fight cutting down trees before they cast shade on the plants. It was kind of humorous and a desperate race to accomplish it.😆

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks, yeah trees can grow fast. The garden is open above and toward the south and east, so it gets exposure to light from the adjacent field. Also the trees are somewhat thin in the area toward the west, so they get filtered light most of the day. Filtered light helps, but they need an opening above.

The direct light is longer in the summer when the sun is overhead. Now that its autumn, the sun is more of an angle and they get less direct light I think, but its enough. I cut a bunch of limbs when I opened the plot, but there is a tree growing back toward the field that will need trimmed next year. I like it for camoflage really, so I always cut back early in the year so it fills back a little and looks more natural in the late summer harvest season.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This stuff is ready. Just taste tested the Deep Chunk x Blueberry that had root rot and was culled last weekend. It has a light medical indica flavor with blueberry undertones. It certainly has potency for medical needs. I have a couple big plant of this stuff too! Will make winter go smooth! :smoke:

full

full

full

full

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sampling some early Deep Chunk x Las Vegas Purple Kush x Hindu Kush from broken branches. They are ripe flowers and have bold royal-indica terpenes. Clear relaxed effect that lasts. Its one to look into. Doesn't seem to make you too tired so far, but we'll see once its ripened a little further. I would imagine the profile will change a little, but resin terpenes are definitiely a keeper therapeutic indica.

full

full

full

full

full

right

I don't see any Deep chunk in its pure form .
Did you purchase them as crosses, or are they your own work?
Was the D.C not much of a producer?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Went to the garden to take up the plants and found one of the tall SCC 3 sisters plants snapped that had been leaning on the fence. The flowers weighed so much it broke in the wind, I guess. Should get a pretty decent yield. This one smells like pine.

All the plants are set in place though, not going to stake the ones that are comfortable on the fence, to prevent more stems being broken. Will keep an eye on them. Wanting to water Sunday if possible, but will water less and will be prepared to stake the big ones! :smoke:

Sativa Candy Chunk

full

SCC

full

SCC

full

SCC

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Humboldt CSI has Deep Chunk IBL created from original 2003 Tom Hill stock. I think it may not be a good choice in pure form for my setup though. With a lot of shade, to get maximum yield its best to have a hybrid I think. Tom Hill said they did produce well though in the shade, so I would like to try growing a pack of DC IBL next year.

I had ordered DC IBL and was given some by a friend, but allowed them to get too cool during early seedling stage and they became stunted.

The Sativa Candy Chunk is a mixture of 3 DC hybrids I made in 2009/2010

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FYI:---Sativa Candy Chunk is a mixture of the seed from these 3 lines in the garden in 2010 with pollination by 2 (OG Kush x Jamaican Jam) x DC) x DC males.
(OG Kush x Jamaican Jam) x DC)x DC
(Bubba Kush x Bubblegum) x DC
Sour Bubble Bx3 x Sour Bubble bx 4 x DC

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah DC is a more cerebral type of effect from what i understand. It is a great breeding tool, but can be a bit dominant in the crosses. Thats alright though since DC has such good characteristics.

Going to be watering 1 more time today with a little lighter rate of 100 gal. This week is sunny with temperatures 80-85 though mid week, then a couple chances for rain. Next weekend temps may drop off to high of 61 and low around 40-45,and the good growing conditions will be over. May have a little blip of rain mid week, but once they dry out, should be ready to harvest!

Picnic at the garden today. Going to sample some of the crop from last weekend. Looks like it dried fine with no mold! As long as you cut them up enough, they dry out even in somewhat wet, humid conditions. Dew sets overnight to humidify, then the sun comes out and dries the air and it creates the perfect cure to bring out the essence of the plants. :smoke:

full