What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

:::::::Pipeline Gardens 2023:::::::

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heading out to the garden. Have to do some inspections after the cloud cover and light rains/sprinkles. I don't think we got much, but will need to go over the plants a couple times to check for mold.

"An ounce of prevention equals a pound of cure."

Looking for a couple pounds of cure, so need add some prevention! Going to get them watered again, last week had good heat still. Cooler temperatures this week. Today and tomorrow are around 80, but the rest of the week hovers around 70-75F and has night temperatures as low as mid to upper 40's. Have a little chance of rain mid week, but its going to be more sunny. Temps are forecast to rebound later in the month and early october. Hoping to see summer last a little longer than last year!

Will get some updated shots. Got my work cut out for me today. Labor of love! So blessed by what the Lord has given. Plants are growing better than ever this year! Glad to have some variety! :smoke:

Views from the native tree and shrub nursery where I used to work. Mature native champion oak trees provide some insight to life. Lets listen in to the Word. :smoke:

full

full

full

full

Coda the enthusiastic nursery dog.

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Went out and got my chores done, and thought I was faster, but still got done only an hour earlier than last time. Will have to try to get out of here earlier next time so I'm not getting home so late. Still took time to get some shots taken. Its good to have a record of growth and development for comparison later on.

Some 2 liter sized colas shaping up! Not much mold at all! Rains missed us for the most part! Ended up culling the 2nd Pine Tar Kush because it was so shaded and way under-developed. Cut a couple Cheese x Hindu Kush lower branches that had got torn up by watering. They have some decent flowers on them, and should be good samples.

Cooler weather this week so may not need to water with as much volume this week. What do you guys do with watering when it gets colder like this. I guess let them dry out as much as possible so I could either skip the week if its really that cold an cloudy, or reduce watering to 5% of the soil volume, so about 60 gal instead of 120. I want to keep them moving. May be pretty normal water consumption this week with highs in low to mid 70's and sunshine. The plants are bushed out and evapotranspiration is at its maximum for the season. Thirsty plants are drinking it down! :smoke:

full

full

full

full

full

full

Weedr

Very nice my friend. I stop watering when it gets cooler and only do frequent check ups, if i see water isues i bring water the next day. Today is probably my last day of watering as the weather is gonna get cooler on thursday...hopefuly its the last time i have to bring 80l of water to the spot. My legs are huge tho🤣

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Went out and got my chores done, and thought I was faster, but still got done only an hour earlier than last time. Will have to try to get out of here earlier next time so I'm not getting home so late. Still took time to get some shots taken. Its good to have a record of growth and development for comparison later on.

Some 2 liter sized colas shaping up! Not much mold at all! Rains missed us for the most part! Ended up culling the 2nd Pine Tar Kush because it was so shaded and way under-developed. Cut a couple Cheese x Hindu Kush lower branches that had got torn up by watering. They have some decent flowers on them, and should be good samples.

Cooler weather this week so may not need to water with as much volume this week. What do you guys do with watering when it gets colder like this. I guess let them dry out as much as possible so I could either skip the week if its really that cold an cloudy, or reduce watering to 5% of the soil volume, so about 60 gal instead of 120. I want to keep them moving. May be pretty normal water consumption this week with highs in low to mid 70's and sunshine. The plants are bushed out and evapotranspiration is at its maximum for the season. Thirsty plants are drinking it down! :smoke:

full

full

full

full

full

full
That's a great looking patch, good work. That has to be a big difference in yield compared to last summer, no?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I will have to make a judgement whether or not I want to water. Thanks for the advice. Rule of thumb for watering is water deep and infrequent, and let it dry out before watering again. Weekly was good all summer, but now temperatures are forecast to be high of 70 and lows in the upper 40's to 50F with autumn shadows and shorter days. Weather should be mostly dry and sunny this week though.

Also the plants are in the woods out of the sun, which I noticed is much cooler, so it will be slow to dry. A 2 week watering interval seems appropriate.

Thanks Revegetta, looking forward to reaping what I have sown here soon! Yield will for sure be higher this year, may be 50% or more. Plants are taller this year, more coverage of the garden, watering was done all year to build healthy root systems, plants were fertilized well all year and didn't go really hungry and lose all the leaves!

I bought an 12 pack of quart size jars. Need to get all the old jars cleaned. I don't want to get rid of the flower from last year, most of it is pretty good, and I don't even like smoking hash when I have good flower. Going to probably keep the old jars and get them to friends and family in the next couple months. So will need to do a jar count, and get another pack or 2 of jars!

Forecast to go warmer and stay dry next week! Sounds like a winner! :smoke:

September 11, 2022
full

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah it seemed to be a great fertilization program. The chicken manure has high calcium which helps the plants be robust with strong cell walls.

I combined an app of Healthy Grow chicken manure/feathermeal/potash mix 3-3-3 with cotton seed meal 6-2-1 mid June. Had some slight burn symptoms on lower leaves, but a little watering helped and they took off! Monthly apps of slow release cottonseed meal has kept them satisfied.

Last year I think I fertilized them with straight chicken manure 2-4-3 mid june got some burn and didn't fertilize mid july because I didn't want to risk burn before flowering, so I left hem alone and they had used up all the nitrogen and dropped most of the fan leaves by the end of August. Some compost mulch helped keep them alive.

September 11, 2022

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Temperature this morning was down to 46F at the garden! Forecast to be a couple degrees colder tonight, so will have to see if they get slowed down. I guess the flowers have stacked on and are pretty good size already, so they can just cruise growing at a moderate rate and ripen those resins. Warmer weather in a few days will get them bursting with pistils again.

Few more views from the patch. :smoke:

Early Skunk x Lebanese

full

ES x L

full

ES x L

full

Deep Chunk x Blueberry

full

DC x BB
full

DC x BB

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These are the 3 plants in the front right corner of the garden. Had thought they were Deep Chunk x Blueberry, but they more closely resemble the Deep Chunk x Las Vegas Purple Kush x Hindu Kush. I'm pretty sure thats what they are. The DC x BB are pretty uniform with similar structure and other morphology as well as resin smell.

Deep Chunk x Las Vegas Purple Kush x Hindu Kush

full

DC x LVPK x HK

full

DC x LVPK x HK

full

DC x LVPK x HK-- High density plant. Found 1 molded flower, not bad. Will have to watch this one. High density is better for potency but these don't always make it to harvest depending on the weather. :smoke:

full

DC x LVPK x HK--Tufting out! :smoke:

full

XLNordic

@shiva82, my friend your offer is most kind. I have the leb27 but haven't used it yet. I'm at 49 1/2ish north along the Canadian border.

I love the semi auto flowering capabilities of the Lebanese and Nepalese genetics. The highs are fantastic with great medical benefits. They both recombine well and the onset and finish times are spot on for my greenhouse.

I tried germinating a pack of cheese a year or two ago and nothing popped so I still haven't had the pleasure of working with cheese.
Have a fantastic weekend my friend.
Peace farmerlion
Leb27 might not be the most potent OD strain, but its early, somewhat mold resistant and high yield under optimal grow or used in crosses.
My biggest outdoor plant ever was a Leb27 x Hindu Kush.
2,5 meters wide and almost the same in height, and a giant xmas tree with knee thick buds

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats great! They definitely started flowering early and the flowers are getting pretty big already despite being at the back of the garden in somewhat limited light.

I bet it is mold resistant being a little more loose structure. When I plant seed, I try not to select only the high density ones. They are great and potent usually, but some years, they have high losses due to mold. Just the fact that its an early finisher means it can avoid the cool wet weather conditions later in the season.

Its been a pretty warm week with highs in the mid 70's or so. Only 1 cold night down to 46 and the rest were around 50 or above. Next week is going to be about the same with lots of sun. Plants will need watering again this weekend. Will probably not reduce the volume yet, they're in an active growth phase.

Flowers should be bursting! Making sensimilla and ripening some seed underneath. :smoke:

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

full

Isaiah 48 NKJV​

Israel Refined for God’s Glory​

48 “Hear this, O house of Jacob,
Who are called by the name of Israel,
And have come forth from the wellsprings of Judah;
Who swear by the name of the Lord,
And make mention of the God of Israel,
But not in truth or in righteousness;
2 For they call themselves after the holy city,
And lean on the God of Israel;
The Lord of hosts is His name:

3 “I have declared the former things from the beginning;
They went forth from My mouth, and I caused them to hear it.
Suddenly I did them, and they came to pass.
4 Because I knew that you were [a]obstinate,
And your neck was an iron sinew,
And your brow bronze,
5 Even from the beginning I have declared it to you;
Before it came to pass I proclaimed it to you,
Lest you should say, ‘My idol has done them,
And my carved image and my molded image
Have commanded them.’

6 “You have heard;
See all this.
And will you not declare it?
I have made you hear new things from this time,
Even hidden things, and you did not know them.
7 They are created now and not from the beginning;
And before this day you have not heard them,
Lest you should say, ‘Of course I knew them.’
8 Surely you did not hear,
Surely you did not know;
Surely from long ago your ear was not opened.
For I knew that you would deal very treacherously,
And were called a transgressor from the womb.

9 “For My name’s sake I will [b]defer My anger,
And for My praise I will restrain it from you,
So that I do not cut you off.
10 Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver;
I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.
11 For My own sake, for My own sake, I will do it;
For how should My name be profaned?
And I will not give My glory to another.

God’s Ancient Plan to Redeem Israel​

12 “Listen to Me, O Jacob,
And Israel, My called:
I am He, I am the First,
I am also the Last.
13 Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth,
And My right hand has stretched out the heavens;
When I call to them,
They stand up together.

14 “All of you, assemble yourselves, and hear!
Who among them has declared these things?
The Lord loves him;
He shall do His pleasure on Babylon,
And His arm shall be against the Chaldeans.
15 I, even I, have spoken;
Yes, I have called him,
I have brought him, and his way will prosper.

16 “Come near to Me, hear this:
I have not spoken in secret from the beginning;
From the time that it was, I was there.
And now the Lord God and His Spirit
[c]Have sent Me.”

17 Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer,
The Holy One of Israel:
“I am the Lord your God,
Who teaches you to profit,
Who leads you by the way you should go.
18 Oh, that you had heeded My commandments!
Then your peace would have been like a river,
And your righteousness like the waves of the sea.
19 Your descendants also would have been like the sand,
And the offspring of your body like the grains of sand;
His name would not have been cut off
Nor destroyed from before Me.”

20 Go forth from Babylon!
Flee from the Chaldeans!
With a voice of singing,
Declare, proclaim this,
Utter it to the end of the earth;
Say, “The Lord has redeemed
His servant Jacob!”
21 And they did not thirst
When He led them through the deserts;
He caused the waters to flow from the rock for them;
He also split the rock, and the waters gushed out.

22 “There is no peace,” says the Lord, “for the wicked.”
RobFromTX:
Thank you my friend for your kind words 🙏 Since my motorcycle accident in 2007 I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours studying cannabis and plants in general. The environments in which they grow and the effects of changes to the environment.

I'm not trying to protect my pride in any way. My last post I edited twice withdrawing some emotion that didn't benefit any growers.
Everyone has habits, beliefs and methods that they defend. I can tell you about Jesus beyond any shadow of a doubt. I can tell you that my proven methods of growing are better than what others are doing beyond any shadow of doubt.

Just because I know something to be true doesn't mean others that don't know me have any reason to believe me. Sometimes I get frustrated with (Stoner Logic) and me being intensely direct just makes others defensive and recoil from what I really just want to share with them, so everyone can have their best grows.

I've intentionally always donated all my grows to negate any selfish ambition.
Peace brother 🙏
farmerlion

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got the watering done. Didn't have to remove much mold. Had light rain while watering and may have less than a tenth tomorrow, after that is sunny and warm! Was pressed for time so only got a few shots today, started getting dark with the rain. Will try to get more tomorrow. :smoke:

Blockhead beast Sativa Candy Chunk

full

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

full

Isaiah 49 NKJV​

The Servant, the Light to the Gentiles​

49 “Listen, O coastlands, to Me,
And take heed, you peoples from afar!
The Lord has called Me from the womb;
From the [a]matrix of My mother He has made mention of My name.
2 And He has made My mouth like a sharp sword;
In the shadow of His hand He has hidden Me,
And made Me a polished shaft;
In His quiver He has hidden Me.”

3 “And He said to me,
‘You are My servant, O Israel,
In whom I will be glorified.’
4 Then I said, ‘I have labored in vain,
I have spent my strength for nothing and in vain;
Yet surely my [b]just reward is with the Lord,
And my [c]work with my God.’ ”

5 “And now the Lord says,
Who formed Me from the womb to be His Servant,
To bring Jacob back to Him,
So that Israel is [d]gathered to Him
(For I shall be glorious in the eyes of the Lord,
And My God shall be My strength),
6 Indeed He says,
‘It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant
To raise up the tribes of Jacob,
And to restore the preserved ones of Israel;
I will also give You as a light to the Gentiles,
That You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth.’ ”

7 Thus says the Lord,
The Redeemer of Israel, [e]their Holy One,
To Him [f]whom man despises,
To Him whom the nation abhors,
To the Servant of rulers:
“Kings shall see and arise,
Princes also shall worship,
Because of the Lord who is faithful,
The Holy One of Israel;
And He has chosen You.”

8 Thus says the Lord:

“In an acceptable[g] time I have heard You,
And in the day of salvation I have helped You;
I will [h]preserve You and give You
As a covenant to the people,
To restore the earth,
To cause them to inherit the desolate [i]heritages;
9 That You may say to the prisoners, ‘Go forth,’
To those who are in darkness, ‘Show yourselves.’

“They shall feed along the roads,
And their pastures shall be on all desolate heights.
10 They shall neither hunger nor thirst,
Neither heat nor sun shall strike them;
For He who has mercy on them will lead them,
Even by the springs of water He will guide them.
11 I will make each of My mountains a road,
And My highways shall be elevated.
12 Surely these shall come from afar;
Look! Those from the north and the west,
And these from the land of Sinim.”

13 Sing, O heavens!
Be joyful, O earth!
And break out in singing, O mountains!
For the Lord has comforted His people,
And will have mercy on His afflicted.

God Will Remember Zion​

14 But Zion said, “The Lord has forsaken me,
And my Lord has forgotten me.”

15 “Can a woman forget her nursing child,
[j]And not have compassion on the son of her womb?
Surely they may forget,
Yet I will not forget you.
16 See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;
Your walls are continually before Me.
17 Your [k]sons shall make haste;
Your destroyers and those who laid you waste
Shall go away from you.
18 Lift up your eyes, look around and see;
All these gather together and come to you.
As I live,” says the Lord,
“You shall surely clothe yourselves with them all as an ornament,
And bind them on you as a bride does.

19 “For your waste and desolate places,
And the land of your destruction,
Will even now be too small for the inhabitants;
And those who swallowed you up will be far away.
20 The children you will have,
After you have lost the others,
Will say again in your ears,
‘The place is too small for me;
Give me a place where I may dwell.’
21 Then you will say in your heart,
‘Who has begotten these for me,
Since I have lost my children and am desolate,
A captive, and wandering to and fro?
And who has brought these up?
There I was, left alone;
But these, where were they?’ ”

22 Thus says the Lord God:

“Behold, I will lift My hand in an oath to the nations,
And set up My [l]standard for the peoples;
They shall bring your sons in their [m]arms,
And your daughters shall be carried on their shoulders;
23 Kings shall be your foster fathers,
And their queens your nursing mothers;
They shall bow down to you with their faces to the earth,
And lick up the dust of your feet.
Then you will know that I am the Lord,
For they shall not be ashamed who wait for Me.”

24 Shall the prey be taken from the mighty,
Or the captives [n]of the righteous be delivered?

25 But thus says the Lord:

“Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away,
And the prey of the terrible be delivered;
For I will contend with him who contends with you,
And I will save your children.
26 I will feed those who oppress you with their own flesh,
And they shall be drunk with their own blood as with sweet wine.
All flesh shall know
That I, the Lord, am your Savior,
And your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.”

Latest posts

Latest posts