What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

:::::::Pipeline Gardens 2023:::::::

shiva82

yeah it would need lots of work and outcrossing to finish. even though it is semi auto. it is only auto within equatorial light regimes, so i doubt she would start flowering till late , and then she would struggle with the cold and frosts. with a bit of work , we can experience a hybrid with sudanese outside at some point. i have crossed it the the p. cheese and silverhashplant88 and i hae some pollen in the freezer . i did not make repors as i did not have the numbers and figured i can just buy more. which i will at some point

shiva82

Sudanese is one of the few strains from Africa, I think the Malawi is a little longer flowering too. Not acclimated for northern climates. Sounds like a great line. I was getting some distinct citrus lime smell from the Early Skunk x Lebanese.

Got down to 55 F last night, wondering when frost will show up. Next week will be all in the 90's though. Weather here is difficult to predict, and the frost could show up at any time. Flowering needs to be done by mid October at the latest I think, expecially with drying outdoors, which needs a little more summer-like weather. :smoke:

Still a few more pics to share from last weekend, worked late and fell asleep yesterday. Will try to get some flower maturity shots this weekend. Some of them were starting to shape up and get some resin production! :smoke:
the lebanese are all fragrant that i selected. some phenos will be cbd rich and others thc rich. a mix. the cbd rich phenos are better made into hash . i.m.o

all my seeds will be hit and miss like anyones. i make selections myself , and i favour heavy aromas and flavours and quality of highs over pure power

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks, I will keep that in mind. Seems like the Early Skunk x Lebanese is pretty uniform!

I was thinking about that today, how its a shame the legal cannabis market isn't dealing much with anything under 30% THC they say on The Potcast. Sometimes you need a bit of a break off the super heavy hitter and just want something with a good quality effect and uplifting but easier to work on. I had been smoking on the heavy hitter medical indica Sativa Candy Chunk this morning, and when I went to grab for it again after lunch, I decided not to becuase it can make me sleepy. Instead, I grabbed a flower of a more fruity sativa phenotype of SCC and it was energetic and helped me focus and keep moving.

SCC is powerful and has some knock down power, which I like, but the less potent plants can be very useful if they have a the desirable effect and flavor. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SCC really comes in handy when you need something strong. Ready for a good pipe now after work. The most potent phenos all have a similar terpene profile, like a really warm, potent cherry with an refreshing tone on it, there are secondary notes in the smoke test that make you come back for another taste.

Sativa Candy Chunk-- 3 sisters

full

full

Early Skunk x Lebanese

full

shiva82

Did you see Mad Mac's Haze hybrid with Iranian Autoflower that he worked to make an early finisher at 52N? Its flowering right now pretty good!
i made leb x oldtimer and oldtimer x leb. i'm yet to test them. i germed a few and they grew wild. too wild that i had to cull . i had no intention flowering. just germ tested . the leb x oth seeds are tiny. miniscule

mac is the man. i respect his work and devotion . he has a good vision and seems highly intelligent

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mad Mac explained how he did it, by taking an Iranian Auto x haze and crossing it with pollen from a haze S1. Not sure how easy it is to self a plant, but it it cuts out a decade of work, it may be worth a try to achieve the breeding goals. I don't like using selfing though unless necessary to promote more genetic diversity of the line.

Yeah drying outside can be risky, and its definitely in God's hands. Humidity and temperature play key roles to help them dry efficiently, but I think it may end up with a superior end product because like tobacco, the fluctuating temperatures and humid nights allow a gradual dry that helps promote the curing process. I wish I could hang them under the tarps out in a field with better airflow and sunlight.

I pay close attention to the weather and climate forecasts and try to get it chopped with at least 3-4 good drying days where farmers are cropping the fields before any potential rains show up. More drying time before rain is better so they are mostly dry by the time the high humidity shows up.

Timj

Mad Mac explained how he did it, by taking an Iranian Auto x haze and crossing it with pollen from a haze S1. Not sure how easy it is to self a plant, but it it cuts out a decade of work, it may be worth a try to achieve the breeding goals. I don't like using selfing though unless necessary to promote more genetic diversity of the line.

Yeah drying outside can be risky, and its definitely in God's hands. Humidity and temperature play key roles to help them dry efficiently, but I think it may end up with a superior end product because like tobacco, the fluctuating temperatures and humid nights allow a gradual dry that helps promote the curing process. I wish I could hang them under the tarps out in a field with better airflow and sunlight.

I pay close attention to the weather and climate forecasts and try to get it chopped with at least 3-4 good drying days where farmers are cropping the fields before any potential rains show up. More drying time before rain is better so they are mostly dry by the time the high humidity shows up.
I use a pop up canopy tent to dry nettles. I'm sure it would work just as well for weed. You might need a few of them. I wired my stems and hung from the frame of the pop up.

shiva82

thats a bx 1 to his selected haze . you can use males , just needs testing . it would not take ten years , just takes space . like a quicker mildly feral version of his favourite haze

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use a pop up canopy tent to dry nettles. I'm sure it would work just as well for weed. You might need a few of them. I wired my stems and hung from the frame of the pop up.
Thanks for the tip, I thought about using one of those, but camoflage and blending in with the woods is important. A pop up may work better to keep them dry and have good airflow, but you need to secure it well because the wind can pick up sometimes of course.
thats a bx 1 to his selected haze . you can use males , just needs testing . it would not take ten years , just takes space . like a quicker mildly feral version of his favourite haze
He had some that turned out like the Iranian Auto and some that were more haze, so have to sort through. Yeah, haze takes long time to flower of course. Some projects do take years. Especially when you want to develop an acclimated strain.

S1 plants are nice because you know the phenotype and that gives you a little advantage in breeding. Would like to have some males going that have been tested for phenotype inheritance in the offspring. Get some winner males, and it will move he project along, but thats a lot of time and space to test males.

shiva82

you can self males too. yields less seeds, but breeders have been known to make a batch of stud seeds too. i prefer the idea of more space and the classic standard route of regulars, and selecting for sexual stability aswell as quality . sometimes you may find 3 great males in a few hundred plants, and you can use all three males . just offers more avenues . just takes too much space though. making s1s is a direct route but not flawless or problem free

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting masculinated seed instead of feminized! Never thought about that breeding tool. According to Kaleb of Humboldt CSI, selfing is not entirely easy, you have to self a batch of plants to make sure one of them produces enough pollen to make feminized seed. Doesn't always work.

Yeah I prefer doing things old fashioned too with regular males, it can be a longer way, but there there are valuable benefits doing it that way. I think its important to preserve the genetic diversity by using multiple males and obvserving the offspring, then making selections to increase the frequency of the desirable phenotypes.

Kaleb said Sam Skunkman found out you never get past S5- 5th selfing generation, the plants lose vigor.

mountainoutlaw

What a great thread here. Love listening (or reading) to banter between breeders, always picking up knowledge.

Pipeline, the more I watch the progress of that sativa candy chunk, the more im interested in that particular variety.

Fan of skunkman as well....hmmm...i would say that less vigor by 5th gen to be true...but not entirely, i think it could depend on a few variables and genetic makeup perhaps. .....

This thread alone is very valuable, id like to thank shiva82 for the input as well. Pipelines gardens for the win!
-mtn outlaw

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
God's grace, it usually doesn't rain that much, we are forecast for a drought developing through November! Yay, another good harvest!

Be sure to cut them with a few days to dry before rains, a week is best if possible so they are dry before high humidity.

Thanks mountain outlaw, glad you're enjoying it. There's always more to learn. I gain a lot by listening to The Potcast by @Heavy Dayze . By the way, Discord smoke session with Heavy this evening if you want to join, for all the Patreon subscribers.

Sativa Candy Chunk is really a gem and, I'm very blessed to have it. Went on a hike this morning and showed my brother the plot for the first time in several years. He was impressed with the flower from last year, gave him a jar to take home.

Sativa Candy Chunk is a great early finisher and does well in the shade. The smoke is refreshing and long lasting with fruity based hues and some pine. Found the plant in 2017 that is the basis for the line, the pheno has carried through to now, and its been several years so the line is beginning to stabilize the last couple generations. I want to do a good reproduction in the next couple years to preserve what we have.

Bury those seeds out in the woods for safe keeping! Tom Hill said they have seed buried 3 feet deep so it stays cool and doesn't risk getting stolen. Genetic preservation! Its a sad day when good genetic stock gets lost, and it happens! Spread the love.

Will get some flower development shots and more detail on the SCC. They are tufting out, fast on some of them! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sweet, talking on Discord to a fellow working at Cookies company right now, he just showed a video of their water supply for the grow facility! Very impressive breeder!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
full

Isaiah 9:1-7 NKJV​

The Government of the Promised Son​

9 Nevertheless the gloom will not be upon her who is distressed,
As when at first He lightly esteemed
The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali,
And afterward more heavily oppressed her,
By
the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan,
In Galilee of the Gentiles.
2 The people who walked in darkness
Have seen a great light;
Those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death,
Upon them a light has shined.

3 You have multiplied the nation
And [a]increased its joy;
They rejoice before You
According to the joy of harvest,
As men rejoice when they divide the spoil.
4 For You have broken the yoke of his burden
And the staff of his shoulder,
The rod of his oppressor,
As in the day of Midian.
5 For every warrior’s [b]sandal from the noisy battle,
And garments rolled in blood,
Will be used for burning and fuel [c]of fire.

6 For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of His government and peace
There will be no end,
Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,
To order it and establish it with judgment and justice
From that time forward, even forever.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

1 John 4 NKJV​

Love for God and One Another​

4 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess [a]that Jesus [b]Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 5 They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them. 6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Knowing God Through Love​

7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

Seeing God Through Love​

12 No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

The Consummation of Love​

17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love [c]Him because He first loved us.

Obedience by Faith​

20 If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, [d]how can he love God whom he has not seen? 21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Getting ready to do some inspections, remove diseased leaves, check for mold, and water the garden. Will get some updated flower shots, and will get a little more detailed on SCC. Will take a closer look at some of the potential keepers.

Having a peaceful lunch at the garden, finding rest under the shade of the cannabis. :smoke:

full

shiva82

i visited an old church today and thought of you pipeline when i read this message . have a great week

Attachments

• IMG_8646.JPG
    IMG_8646.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8637.JPG
    IMG_8637.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 37

Latest posts

Latest posts