What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

:::::::Pipeline Gardens 2023:::::::

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alright! The watering seemed to help move along development and the Champion male #1 has dropped pollen and the females are mostly the right size for pollination, about 1/4 inch wide flowers or larger. Cleared out the males, shook out the pollen, stuck the developing stamen from SCC Champion Male #1 in the leaves of plants around the garden in leaves up high to drop later, removed diseased leaves and applied cottonseed meal fertilizer! Rained yesterday evening about 0.3 inch and is raining a nice steady rain this morning, so it has worked out perfect to water in the fertilizer thoroughly, but gently, God's grace. They really could use the nitrogen! I water so much to get the water down deep, it leaches some of it, but these plants are growing so fast, there is high N consumption right now.

Keeping an eye on some of the plants that are very slow to go into flowering. If they are too late, may end up getting removed to make room for ones that will finish. I do this in my SCC usually, will be more patient with the other cultivars to see what they do. One plant had to be topped late in veg to remove a diseased growing point and it may have really set it back. I think everything else is at an acceptable stage of development.

Here have a look. Get the pipe ready for the Onset of Flowering Stage update. Enjoy! :smoke:

Garden view after males have been removed.
full

Deep Chunk x Blueberry

full

DC x BB

full

DC x BB

full

DC x BB and Paradise Cheese x Lebanese tall plant front right. (had mislabeled bit by mistake)

full

DC x BB

full
Edited it to show where the Paradise Cheese x Lebanese is. Will double check the tag, but I know what it says, I have looked at it several times, it was hard to read.

Sativa Candy Chunk--I call these the "3 Sisters" because they were some of the first SCC to show preflowers and they are all in a little bunch about 6-8 inches apart. At the back of the garden.

full

SCC

full

SCC

full

SCC

full

SCC--Champion Male #1

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sativa Candy Chunk-- Male #3

full

SCC-- Male #3

full

SCC--female

full

SCC-- female

full

SCC --Champion Male #1-- was going to bring this one home and press some leaves. Maybe next year, need to find a book big enough to press it! Leaves are right at a foot wide and tall!

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its the only way I know how. Started my first grow by scratching seed to the soil with my fingers. I was born country. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Starting to think about tieing this project off with a final reproduction of Sativa Candy Chunk and moving on to a new project. Hoping to get some ideas with the different lines going this year. I have zero experience with any strains. Pretty isolated here, and its hard to get much variety.

I love the Deep Chunk's ability to produce in the shade, and have been really blessed that was what I started with, and I think that contributes to some of the success of my gardens over the years. Have to balance it with mold tolerance though. So maybe I'm looking to make a new DC hybrid. Where to start.... :smoke:

SCC
full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plants were still standing and doing well. The paradise Cheese x Lebanese is flowering along pretty well, but starting to get yellow because its right on the edge of the garden by the walking path. Need to get a little more fertilizer on that one. Majority of the plants are now 6-8+ ft and flowering with pea size or bigger flowers! :smoke:

Thinking about what to do with last year's crop. Need to dump out the jars and check through for keepers and make some hash. Do that a little later closer to harvest, but I'm getting behind on my smoke testing. :smoke:

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

full

Proverbs 14 NKJV​

The Ways of Life and Death​

14 The wise woman builds her house,
But the foolish pulls it down with her hands.

2 He who walks in his uprightness fears the Lord,
But he who is perverse in his ways despises Him.

3 In the mouth of a fool is a rod of pride,
But the lips of the wise will preserve them.

4 Where no oxen are, the [a]trough is clean;
But much increase comes by the strength of an ox.

5 A faithful witness does not lie,
But a false witness will utter lies.

6 A scoffer seeks wisdom and does not find it,
But knowledge is easy to him who understands.
7 Go from the presence of a foolish man,
When you do not perceive in him the lips of knowledge.
8 The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way,
But the folly of fools is deceit.

9 Fools mock at [b]sin,
But among the upright there is favor.

10 The heart knows its own bitterness,
And a stranger does not share its joy.

11 The house of the wicked will be overthrown,
But the tent of the upright will flourish.

12 There is a way that seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death.

13 Even in laughter the heart may sorrow,
And the end of mirth may be grief.

14 The backslider in heart will be filled with his own ways,
But a good man will be satisfied [c]from above.

15 The simple believes every word,
But the prudent considers well his steps.
16 A wise man fears and departs from evil,
But a fool rages and is self-confident.
17 A quick-tempered man acts foolishly,
And a man of wicked intentions is hated.
18 The simple inherit folly,
But the prudent are crowned with knowledge.
19 The evil will bow before the good,
And the wicked at the gates of the righteous.

20 The poor man is hated even by his own neighbor,
But [d]the rich has many friends.
21 He who despises his neighbor sins;
But he who has mercy on the poor, happy is he.

22 Do they not go astray who devise evil?
But mercy and truth belong to those who devise good.

23 In all labor there is profit,
But [e]idle chatter leads only to poverty.

24 The crown of the wise is their riches,
But the foolishness of fools is folly.

25 A true witness [f]delivers souls,
But a deceitful witness speaks lies.

26 In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence,
And His children will have a place of refuge.
27 The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life,
To turn one away from the snares of death.

28 In a multitude of people is a king’s honor,
But in the lack of people is the downfall of a prince.

29 He who is slow to wrath has great understanding,
But he who is [g]impulsive exalts folly.

30 A sound heart is life to the body,
But envy is rottenness to the bones.

31 He who oppresses the poor reproaches his Maker,
But he who honors Him has mercy on the needy.

32 The wicked is banished in his wickedness,
But the righteous has a refuge in his death.

33 Wisdom rests in the heart of him who has understanding,
But what is in the heart of fools is made known.

34 Righteousness exalts a nation,
But sin is a [h]reproach to any people.

35 The king’s favor is toward a wise servant,
But his wrath is against him who causes shame.

1 Peter 1 NKJV​

Greeting to the Elect Pilgrims​

1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,

To the [a]pilgrims of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:

Grace to you and peace be multiplied.

A Heavenly Inheritance​

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance [b]incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been [c]grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 8 whom having not [d]seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.

10 Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, 11 searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 12 To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to [e]us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things which angels desire to look into.

Living Before God Our Father​

13 Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14 as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; 15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”

17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your [f]stay here in fear; 18 knowing that you were not redeemed with [g]corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was [h]manifest in these last times for you 21 who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

The Enduring Word​

22 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth [i]through the Spirit in [j]sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, 23 having been born again, not of [k]corruptible seed but [l]incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides [m]forever, 24 because

“All flesh is as grass,
And all [n]the glory of man as the flower of the grass.
The grass withers,
And its flower falls away,
25 But the [o]word of the Lord endures forever.”
Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had several rains this week, with a total of 2.6-3 inches in the rain gauge, so don't need to water. Want to know how strong God, is? He waters the mountains! :smoke:

The plants are pretty uniform, flowering along well! Most have little pea sized flowers and are going to be done early to mid october, but there are a couple that are struggling to get started. Its always a gradation, but there is 1 maybe 2 Deep Chunk x Blueberry that are slow to begin flower, and there are 3-4 Deep Chunk x Las Vegas Purple Kush x Hindu Kush that are slow. Because there are so many, I am not thinking about not pulling them, and just taking a chance on the weather. Last year we had several killing frosts The second week of October and I was glad I pulled some of the slow to flower ones.

Forecast for next week we have some unusually cool weather coming in with a high on Tuesday of just 73 F. May be indicating an early frost again in a couple months. Average first frost here is about Oct 20.

It hurts pulling big plants, but if they aren't going to flower and finish on time in this shady spot, they don't do any good. Its pretty ruthless, but it lets sunlight in so the other earlier plants produce better quality flowers, and improves air circulation to reduce mold. Its on test seed though, so I will probably be more lenient and let them flower out, to see how they do.

When I chop I like to do it all at once if possible, but I could do a staggered harvest where I maybe take the tops off these late flowering plants if needed and let the rest of the plant continue to mature.

What do you think? Reverend was saying most plants get started flowering about this time of year. There is a possibility they will catch up once they get started being so large. Not any stacking on some though, not sure when to draw the line and cull them to make room for the other early producers. :smoke:

full

full

Paradise Cheese x Hindu Kush-- Got my tester! Saw a spot on a flower stem that started getting the beginning of disease where I had removed a leaf, so clipped it out and got a couple tester flowers! Smells wonderful and potent, similar resin profile to some of my sativa leaning plants. :smoke:

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another half inch or so potential tonight and tomorrow, will get some fertilizer put down for that yellow Cheese x Lebanese. Must be cheddar. I usually have white cheddar cheese, this one needs to be white too. :smoke:

full

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure if anything unusual is going on with the yellowing Cheese x Lebanese. I gave it the tug test and seems rooted well, it has a stem on it 3/4 inch diameter, which explains perhaps why its getting hungry. Put a good dose of cottonseed meal around the plant and a couple feet extra in that corner. Its right on the edge so its hard to get the fertilizer to it. The rest of the garden is pretty well fed it looks like. Will probably put on a half rate fertilization late Aug/Early Sept to continue a steady slow feed of N.

Couple night shots. Was busy this weekend. Will try to get some better views soon. They're tall though, maybe 8-9 ft on some of them! :smoke:

full

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got another several rounds of rain today, mostly light rain for a total of around quarter to half an inch I think, so went to check on the plot and spray with Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit repellent again. Plants were standing fine, but it was still sunny so got to examine for flower development. Decided to cull 2 tall 7-8 foot plants as well as a 4 ft plant that were outliers and had not started flowering yet. All the other plants appear to have started stacking and most of them are flowering along at a good pace.

Had quite a gap in the garden after removing the plants, but was able to fill it in by leaning some of the other plants. Worked out well! Want to have a continuous canopy to optimize yield. Pulled over the Pine Tar Kush into the new opening, so hoping to see some good results from it, although it isn't very far along in flower due to being shaded I think.

full

Good airflow now! The light in there is going to make the big plants branches fruit heavy! Glad I didn't trim off the limbs on the bottom! :smoke:

full

full

full

Tree view after pulling the plants

full

mountainoutlaw

That dude pipeline is smashing outdoor.

Pipeland whats a cultivator of your caliber do when the bot hits mid flowering.....

You early pull? Peroxide spray? Soybean oil with citric? Its a constant 80 humidity here, suns hitting hard is only upside.

Very nice branching and color.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks, they eventually get branchy right at the end when they get in to the good light and have some momentum going.

If there's rain, I do an inspection of the whole garden and focus on the likely flowers for mold, which means the heavy dense ones, and mostly the mid branches that don't dry out fast enough and mold first.

With seed in the flower, they can develop mold a little easier, the seed is usually a source, where the flower gets tightest I guess. If I can I will minimally pick out the dead/diseased tissue and leave the rest of the good flower. If the mold comes back, I tend to clip the entire budsite, and if its widespread enough may end up having to take the entire head flower of that branch and do some early taste testing. If we have to cut heads early, not too big of a deal, the lower flowers can produce quite a bit, so its best to get the mold out however you have to, and be diligent about inspections so you catch it as soon as possible.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Except now I need a laddar and I have to be careful not to break the top heads. Will be easier once they endo out later on. Tall plant tops seem to be pretty good airflow and less risk of mold thankfully. I rarely find it there. Yeah inspections are time consuming, but I love getting to know the plants. :smoke:

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow you have a lot going on here everything looks really healthy! It looks like i just made it in time. :tiphat:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks! Glad you found the thread, I was a about to send you a PM. Need to post up in the Blueberry thread.

There is some variation with the flower timing on the DC hybrids, but most of them are pretty early and stacking fast! Got a little rain today. Going to be in the 90's all week next week, so will be interesting to see if any smells develop, and to see the growth.

Need to try to water this weekend but its needs to dry out. May be ready Sunday I'm thinking. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

full

Some words of wisdom from King Solomon. He was a king who trusted God and prayed for wisdom. God added to him life, and riches, and honor because he sought wisdom first. Lets listen in to God's Word; last 2 chapters of King Solomon's proverbs

Proverbs 28 NKJV​

The Righteous Are Bold as a Lion​

28 The wicked flee when no one pursues,
But the righteous are bold as a lion.

2 Because of the transgression of a land, many are its princes;
But by a man of understanding and knowledge
Right will be prolonged.

3 A poor man who oppresses the poor
Is like a driving rain [a]which leaves no food.

4 Those who forsake the law praise the wicked,
But such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men do not understand justice,
But those who seek the Lord understand all.

6 Better is the poor who walks in his integrity
Than one perverse in his ways, though he be rich.

7 Whoever keeps the law is a discerning son,
But a companion of gluttons shames his father.

8 One who increases his possessions by usury and extortion
Gathers it for him who will pity the poor.

9 One who turns away his ear from hearing the law,
Even his prayer is an abomination.

10 Whoever causes the upright to go astray in an evil way,
He himself will fall into his own pit;
But the blameless will inherit good.

11 The rich man is wise in his own eyes,
But the poor who has understanding searches him out.

12 When the righteous rejoice, there is great glory;
But when the wicked arise, men [b]hide themselves.

13 He who covers his sins will not prosper,
But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.

14 Happy is the man who is always reverent,
But he who hardens his heart will fall into calamity.

15 Like a roaring lion and a charging bear
Is a wicked ruler over poor people.

16 A ruler who lacks understanding is a great oppressor,
But he who hates covetousness will prolong his days.

17 A man burdened with bloodshed will flee into a pit;
Let no one help him.

18 Whoever walks blamelessly will be [c]saved,
But he who is perverse in his ways will suddenly fall.

19 He who tills his land will have plenty of bread,
But he who follows frivolity will have poverty enough!

20 A faithful man will abound with blessings,
But he who hastens to be rich will not go unpunished.

21 To [d]show partiality is not good,
Because for a piece of bread a man will transgress.

22 A man with an evil eye hastens after riches,
And does not consider that poverty will come upon him.

23 He who rebukes a man will find more favor afterward
Than he who flatters with the tongue.

24 Whoever robs his father or his mother,
And says, “It is no transgression,”
The same is companion to a destroyer.

25 He who is of a proud heart stirs up strife,
But he who trusts in the Lord will be prospered.

26 He who trusts in his own heart is a fool,
But whoever walks wisely will be delivered.

27 He who gives to the poor will not lack,
But he who hides his eyes will have many curses.

28 When the wicked arise, men hide themselves;
But when they perish, the righteous increase.

Proverbs 29 NKJV​

Happy Is He Who Keeps the Law​

29 He who is often rebuked, and hardens his neck,
Will suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.

2 When the righteous [a]are in authority, the people rejoice;
But when a wicked man rules, the people groan.

3 Whoever loves wisdom makes his father rejoice,
But a companion of harlots wastes his wealth.

4 The king establishes the land by justice,
But he who receives bribes overthrows it.

5 A man who flatters his neighbor
Spreads a net for his feet.

6 By transgression an evil man is snared,
But the righteous sings and rejoices.

7 The righteous considers the cause of the poor,
But the wicked does not understand such knowledge.

8 Scoffers set a city aflame,
But wise men turn away wrath.

9 If a wise man contends with a foolish man,
Whether the fool rages or laughs, there is no peace.

10 The bloodthirsty hate the blameless,
But the upright seek his [b]well-being.

11 A fool vents all his feelings,[c]
But a wise man holds them back.

12 If a ruler pays attention to lies,
All his servants become wicked.

13 The poor man and the oppressor have this in common:
The Lord gives light to the eyes of both.

14 The king who judges the poor with truth,
His throne will be established forever.

15 The rod and rebuke give wisdom,
But a child left to himself brings shame to his mother.

16 When the wicked are multiplied, transgression increases;
But the righteous will see their fall.

17 Correct your son, and he will give you rest;
Yes, he will give delight to your soul.

18 Where there is no [d]revelation, the people cast off restraint;
But happy is he who keeps the law.

19 A servant will not be corrected by mere words;
For though he understands, he will not respond.

20 Do you see a man hasty in his words?
There is more hope for a fool than for him.

21 He who pampers his servant from childhood
Will have him as a son in the end.

22 An angry man stirs up strife,
And a furious man abounds in transgression.

23 A man’s pride will bring him low,
But the humble in spirit will retain honor.

24 Whoever is a partner with a thief hates his own life;
He [e]swears to tell the truth, but reveals nothing.

25 The fear of man brings a snare,
But whoever trusts in the Lord shall be [f]safe.

26 Many seek the ruler’s [g]favor,
But justice for man comes from the Lord.

27 An unjust man is an abomination to the righteous,
And he who is upright in the way is an abomination to the wicked.

CARCHOFA

Hi @pipeline man. Here we are to read you another year, always It is nice and I enjoy watching your plants.
Good luck, I will love to see the Pine Tar Kush few years later. Some friends say that is better than DC. I grew a cross with it and It was tasty, however I lost this genethic. I remember a cross a sativa, not sure if it was Panama, it was delicious.
Have a nice weekend!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool, good to see you CARCHOFA! I am very much looking forward to the PTK and will likely get another pack for the future since this is only 2 females. Would like to try DC as well, but I want to try it out before doing a reproduction of the line so I know what to expect. Would like to make some F1 hybrid stock with Sativa Candy Chunk and have some fast growing vigorous champion hybrids for the shade! :smoke:

Have a good weekend! Watering tomorrow, will get some updates soon! :smoke:

Last edited: