What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

:::::::Pipeline Gardens 2023:::::::

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad I got them watered yesterday evening, we are forecast to have numerous thunderstorms today and tonight with the potential for another 1-3 inches of rain! They weren't leaning when I watered them, so they could still use some more. Need to get the water down deep, then we will see them grow! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Storm shot from 2006
full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shot of me practicing seat grabs a few years ago. Have switched to running the lawn mower since then. :smoke:
full

Throwing a can-can

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Shiva, garden is shaping up well! Thanks for stopping by! Lots of branches on most of the plants, so it will be one big bud by the month of Sepetember! Hoping some of these move along in maturity so they can get pollinated and produce some seed! Going to be some great crosses!

Will get some updated shots of the plants, they are showing some character now! May have to pull a tester, the fresh resin on this plant is very tempting! I bet its potent already!

1691246984151.jpeg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

full

Psalm 139 NKJV​

God’s Perfect Knowledge of Man​

For the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.​

139 O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
2 You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
3 You [a]comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.
5 You have [b]hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it.

7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in [c]hell, behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall [d]fall on me,”
Even the night shall be light about me;
12 Indeed, the darkness [e]shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike to You.

13 For You formed my inward parts;
You [f]covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for [g]I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My [h]frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.

19 Oh, that You would slay the wicked, O God!
Depart from me, therefore, you [i]bloodthirsty men.
20 For they speak against You wickedly;
[j]Your enemies take Your name in vain.
21 Do I not hate them, O Lord, who hate You?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?
22 I hate them with [k]perfect hatred;
I count them my enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
24 And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.

Hebrews 10 NKJV​

Animal Sacrifices Insufficient​

10 For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once [a]purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins. 3 But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.

Christ’s Death Fulfills God’s Will​

5 Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:

“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
But a body You have prepared for Me.
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin
You had no pleasure.
7 Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come—
In the volume of the book it is written of Me—
To do Your will, O God.’ ”

8 Previously saying, “Sacrifice and offering, burnt offerings, and offerings for sin You did not desire, nor had pleasure in them” (which are offered according to the law), 9 then He said, “Behold, I have come to do Your will, [b]O God.” He takes away the first that He may establish the second. 10 By that will we have been [c]sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Christ’s Death Perfects the Sanctified​

11 And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, 13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. 14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being [d]sanctified.

15 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,

16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,” 17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” 18 Now where there is [e]remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

Hold Fast Your Confession​

19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness[f] to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21 and having a High Priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

The Just Live by Faith​

26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” [g]says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

32 But recall the former days in which, after you were [h]illuminated, you endured a great struggle with sufferings: 33 partly while you were made a spectacle both by reproaches and tribulations, and partly while you became companions of those who were so treated; 34 for you had compassion on [i]me in my chains, and joyfully accepted the plundering of your [j]goods, knowing that you have a better and an enduring possession for yourselves [k]in heaven. 35 Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. 36 For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:

37 “For yet a little while,
And He[l] who is coming will come and will not [m]tarry.
38 Now the[n] just shall live by faith;
But if anyone draws back,
My soul has no pleasure in him.”

39 But we are not of those who draw back to [o]perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Could have got 2-4 inches of rain yesterday but it missed us by a couple counties. I'll take the sunshine and drier conditions, will help the plants keep growing and prevent disease. Had a perfect pollination day yesterday, windy dry conditions all day! Flowers on the Sativa Candy Chunk are very near pencil eraser size, so males may be culled today or by the middle of the week for sure. :smoke:

Starting to see some yellowing on fans which I saw last year about this time, so going to go ahead and top dress with cottonseed 6-2-1 today to prevent nitrogen deficiency. Probably not the perfect flowering fertilizer, but I should have adequate phosphorous. Used the chicken manure Healthy Grow 3-3-3 at planting and then a top dress application June, and applied cottonseed 6-2-1 mid last month. Phosphorous is a more stable nutrient in the soil, so even applications the past couple years remain and build up in the soil. Nitrogen and Potassium are more in flux because they are soluble and can leach.

When I talked to the grower at the local mulch and mix growing center, she made the point that cottonseed meal would work well for bloom/fruit phase of growth because nitrogen is the main nutrient the gets used up the quickest. So don't forget nitrogen at flower. Cottonseed meal has all slow release nitrogen and shouldn't cause any issues with delay in flowering or potential burn. Also the fertilizer will be depleted by late September when the flowers are ripening and its time to flush before harvest. Nothing too complicated, we have pretty fertile soil here.

Would like to try doing some soil testing and trying out some of @Chunkypigs soil amending methods though some time to dial it in and see if they can be more lush. I don't get as much sun in these spots, so plant growth and fertilizer use is somewhat limited because of shade, and it may not make as big of a difference here as other more sunny locations. :smoke:

Pollination Day :smoke:

full

full

full

full

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks, the secret I have found is take advantage of the seedling vigor to try to keep them moving. Timing the watering and doing the monthly top dressing is keeping them in pretty good shape. Just now showing nitrogen deficiency on lower fan leaves after not watering for 2 weeks with some natural rainfall. Normally you see more yellow leaves later on in flower, but with the dense planting, and regular deep watering, the nitrogen seems to be getting depleted. With the growth the past couple weeks, I can see how.

Have some good rain chances tonight and this week, so will be great to get some fertilizer watered in. I think the top dress of cottonseed meal in July was somewhat washed away because I watered it the first time, not the rain. Its good to get it settled in with a prolonged natural rain. I am kind of rough with watering, I do my best but it wears you out and its hard to see through the thick foliage at night even with a headlamp. :smoke:

About to check on them. Should be ready to cull the males. Its a bit frustrating because once again the ideal champion male #1 is slow to release pollen and there are still quite a few females that haven't began stacking calyxes. Thats just the way it is though, have to draw the line, and I go off the SCC which has been acclimated for early finishing. Should be ready a week into October. Last year we had several hard frosts and had to cut, so it pays off to chop males early to promote early flowering plants' seed production, whereas the later developed plants don't produce much seed.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alright! The watering seemed to help move along development and the Champion male #1 has dropped pollen and the females are mostly the right size for pollination, about 1/4 inch wide flowers or larger. Cleared out the males, shook out the pollen, stuck the developing stamen from SCC Champion Male #1 in the leaves of plants around the garden in leaves up high to drop later, removed diseased leaves and applied cottonseed meal fertilizer! Rained yesterday evening about 0.3 inch and is raining a nice steady rain this morning, so it has worked out perfect to water in the fertilizer thoroughly, but gently, God's grace. They really could use the nitrogen! I water so much to get the water down deep, it leaches some of it, but these plants are growing so fast, there is high N consumption right now.

Keeping an eye on some of the plants that are very slow to go into flowering. If they are too late, may end up getting removed to make room for ones that will finish. I do this in my SCC usually, will be more patient with the other cultivars to see what they do. One plant had to be topped late in veg to remove a diseased growing point and it may have really set it back. I think everything else is at an acceptable stage of development.

Here have a look. Get the pipe ready for the Onset of Flowering Stage update. Enjoy! :smoke:

Garden view after males have been removed.
full

Deep Chunk x Blueberry

full

DC x BB

full

DC x BB

full

DC x BB and Paradise Cheese x Lebanese tall plant front right. (had mislabeled bit by mistake)

full

DC x BB

full

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Paradise Cheese x Hindu Kush

full

Deep Chunk x Las Vegas Purple Kush x Hindu Kush

full

DC x LVPK x HK

full

DC x LVPK x HK-- plant on the left had diseased growing point and was topped mid veg. Seemed to do well and the disease is gone!

full

DC x LVPK x HK

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Deep Chunk x Las Vegas Purple Kush x Hindu Kush-- plant on the left was pruned in late vegetative growth stage and seems to be set back in flowering. Its still showing preflower primordia, not fully developed and very few of them. May have to be removed.

full

DC x LVPK x HK

full

DC x LVPK x HK

full

Sativa Candy Chunk--overview

full

SCC-- overview

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the hindu kush hybrid outdoor battle royale . sweet show
Thanks, glad you're enjoying it! Really pleased with the varieties growing in the garden. Tried too hard earlier germination rounds early spring, garden may not have grown quite the same. These DC hybrids are a staple and work well in the shade. DC IBL is slow and would be like 3-4 feet. I have grown DC and it ended up short whereas the others were 6-8 ft. May likely get a pack of DC to try out, but my garden could use the good performing hybrids production wise, in the shade. :smoke:

shiva82

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it! Really pleased with the varieties growing in the garden. Tried too hard earlier germination rounds early spring, garden may not have grown quite the same. These DC hybrids are a staple and work well in the shade. DC IBL is slow and would be like 3-4 feet. I have grown DC and it ended up short whereas the others were 6-8 ft. May likely get a pack of DC to try out, but my garden could use the good performing hybrids production wise, in the shade. :smoke:
did i send you any cheese x leb? they are smelling great . very strong aromas. i will make some f2s and bx on a small scale to share again. you are welcome to any seeds i have made. i have a freezer drawer full , and more to be added

thanks for the thorough updates pipe.

take it easy

cheers

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hindu kush is a well known staple indica, and its interesting to see the it in hybrid form with different varieties. Need to do some research. Where does Hindu Kush originate from. that line is pretty old? Need to find out traits to look for. I have seen a few in pics.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you! I will have to look back I may have made a mistake. I had a label I couldn't read very well, that front right plant around the DC x BB, I used to call Paradise Cheese x Lebanese, and I think i was looking at it at the garden trying to remember the varieties it could be and changed it to DCB ( Deep Chunk x Blueberry) because the PC looked like DC. Glad you reminded me of that. Will make a note and double check the tag, but I noticed that plant had slightly different morphology in the leaves and structure.

That front right plant that is tall is PC x Leb and I changed it by mistake. Will make a note on this update.

shiva82

Hindu kush is a well known staple indica, and its interesting to see the it in hybrid form with different varieties. Need to do some research. Where does Hindu Kush originate from. that line is pretty old? Need to find out traits to look for. I have seen a few in pics.
sensi seeds . i was trying to find a male to match the indica portion found in tikal that i had at the time. the male hindukush had red flowers and sticky stemmed. it is not a squat type indica .