What's new

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

bigherb

Veteran
Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I appreciate your opinion on this, and totally agree re: the A5 lineage and diminished loudness of the aromas; I attribute that to shorter flower time. In fact, my guess is the samples that were closest to the best of what you remember came from the longest flowering plants.
Respect brother

It’s great to share experiences they bring up memories which will live with us forever .

My man exactly , I believe the longest
flowering Haze plants are the best

I only know what I’ve tasted.
We have others qualified with first hand knowledge/ experience.

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
Given the fact that no NL#5xHzA seeds were available commercially the chances are slim of any of the east coast area available Hazes throughout the ‘90’s being so. IMHO the plausibility of them being rather Nevils Haze instead of straight up A5 although all prolly got selected for their A5 phenotypical expressions within this line.
Comparing the Cuban Black Haze cuttings morphology to the old Dutch Nevils Hz cutting builds more momentum for any of the east coast Hazes being related to Nevs Hz as to 5HzA as far as my take on things by experience but who’s to say in the end no one knows fo sho.
Unc Yosemite

Hope all is well , happy holidays and HolyHaze .

Oh Great one You are a master , when I think of perfection and pushing a plant to full potential you are first that comes to mind .

You have shared Soo much Haze history info with me long ago, Godbless you and your crew and others in Holland who kept these Gems alive , Especially Bonk and Frans . Thanks to you and Karma After all these years now the community can still enjoy these Unique Gems of exceptional Quality.

I always felt your description of A5 and G13HZA were so similar to Our NYC Hazes .

I see you crushed Bandaid Haze , Gorgeous pics . How does compare ?

Have you smoked Cuban Black Haze ?

I’m curious because I see on IG , A5 C5 and such made its way sometime ago to the west coast . I heard also east coast . So I’d assume if it came from you then you would have the chance to smoke one of the official Cuban Black clones .

Curious is this just your thought of Nevils Haze being the source just because the time line ?

My cousin said 92 was earliest he seen Haze Uptown.

Piffcoast can share the story better , as he has before on a few platforms. Word is in 88/89 a Cuban dude got seed from Ed Rosenthal In Amsterdam. He took Home 100 A5 seeds .

If I recall Nevil has posted he did deals privately and we know he had seed lots from the old charts and write ups such as HzC2 HPHzA BC . I’ve seen others stories of deals done at the cannabis castle.

Unc you would know better than anyone I can think of with having experienced all the OSH clones . You know my opinion and experience with Nevils Haze similar but a brighter note that Heights Haze . I’d love to taste that original NH

Much Respect

1luvbigherb

led05

Chasing The Present
Here’s my Million $ Nevil Q for y’all

Many have claimed he claimed he made millions on Auscann etc stock sales….

Then why did the man subsequently try a GoFund Me for his Harvoni Hep C Drug

Millionaires wanting YOU to pay for their Hep C - Hmmmmmmmm

Critical thinking y’all it’s easy to do :)

led05

Chasing The Present
Not even hempy, shanti, Arjan, ojd or Ben D.?
Tsk tsk….
I do love Sammy :)

Gambian x Cambodian thanks to our beautiful N Spanish brother (my work his origins), very fond of cats ;)

8043EC1A-106B-461A-9217-A35F46956216.jpeg

0DB2D398-A5B5-4864-B0B6-4478AA369C5F.jpeg

214B63E2-A0C5-45D8-BC90-8F2B398FFF70.jpeg

Never had better…. Fat pig in shit over here

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am waiting on bigherb to recommend a certain pheno of this haze in terms of effect. I have no past connection with piff and the smell or taste. Last incense strain for me was Colombian, red, gold, green all had it back in the seventies. No big deal there either.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
that GoFund Me account was set up right before Nevil ripped off TasCann/AusCann and only made about $5,500 before it was taken down.

.......... no one in the industry contributed to the fund.

Nevil didn't rip TassCann off Cosmic how did you come up with that conclusion ?

The go found me account was set up to treat his hep C and had nothing to do with Tasscan.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I can’t say either way fo sho although it’s commonly accepted knowledge that Nevil wasn’t able to offer 5HzA seeds commercially. Losing Haze A male early prevented this for being a reality which we all regret now do we not?

Nevil never sold HzA seed or many other crosses made with HzA and the seed that ended up in NYC were 5HzC.

Screenshot 2022-12-22 at 09-54-00 The Haze discussion thread.png

The person that got all the 5HzA seed and the rest that were all made in small numbers was Shanti.

Piff_cat

Old school Nevilles Haze
View attachment 18789233
Jack herer View attachment 18789234
Nevilles haze mid flower
View attachment 18789235
Jack mid flower
View attachment 18789236

Both are Piff aren't they ?
It's like square and rectangle all piff is haze not all haze is piff.

since haze A died so early theres never been a full accounting of all the haze A phenotypes from the few f1s actually made with haze A. piff/frankies is one of these phenotypes or profile groups coming from haze A but the name also has a regional specificity and clone group.

id say the main requirement for a haze to be called piff would be its origination being sold in new york at .7 for 20 all the way up, incense/franky smell and a friendly euphoric high with less teeth clenching/scary rollercoaster effect. this is a component often over looked as its not just the scent and taste but also the legendary effect. thick dhurch smell which stays in the room long after smoking and tastes good for hours.

if a strain/clone had all these traits but was not from nyc it would be like an honorary piff member. the jacks youve been finding in sensi definitly seem like haze A progeny to me but i also think jack could have used the female haze B or the BC f1 as jacks haze parent. the varigation you find in yours shows very similar phenotype to the cuban black haze with varigation. i find it hard to believe that sensi would recieve the haze B/bc in 89 to 90 and just never use it in a strain. but it dissapears ffrom mention after nev is arrested. however when he first started grail nev said the BC cutting was held by ppl in holland or at least used to be and that some haze B progeny seeds could still exist. heres some cool jack phenos i found online which look real haze A like

1671691076526.png

1671691097373.png

Piff_cat

That’s what i refer to as incense, some call it soapy or perfumey. A5 did make the room smell like church after smoking it but it was missing those notes in the unburnt flower. Honestly reminded me more of like the Fort Collins cough or the bandaid haze. Leathery
did they ever grow the haze outside in the beginig? if so was it in cuba or another island> if so those traits could have been imprinted on the mother plant from epigenetics of the outdoor location especially in a hot place

Reactions: X15