What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

SourDank

Veteran
I would like to take a moment to get a little off topic and put out a call for your support.

I've finally gotten around to recording some of my music and it would mean a lot to me if you would give it a listen.
I've been working hard and this is not a joke to me. I have some insight I feel I need to share and this is my way of doing so.

So please give it a listen, like, share, and comment if you feel so inclined.

Listen hard and don't let anything go over your head. ;)

http://www.datpiff.com/pop-mixtape-player-2014.2.php?mediaid=mbeccb2a&trackid=10

Again I very much appreciate your support fam!

And DO NOT WORRY! There is something else in the workings concerning the UPTOWN genetics. That is all I can/will say for now.

STAY UP AND STAY SAFE PEEPS!
Hey man that link took me to a screen with a bunch of different tracks on it, from different artists. How do I find your track on there brother?

Epiphyte

Out of curiosity, is anyone around here familiar with the georgia silver haze? It's my piff! I know it aint the exact same but its that stuff you get as a teenager that might kick in an acid pattern on the cement occasionally. It was a classic haze at least too me. From what I know faster and denser than the piff, but nothing like the BS super silver haze we see in norcal. Just curiosity, because someone around here had to have spent time in Atlanta or Athens?

highsteppa

Veteran
don't know bit the ga version but we grow an old sensi silver haze...good at 10 weeks, off the hook at 12.. the silver holds a lot of structure from the nl and very manageable for a haze x; very incense floral pine

Brelva

Yeah silver haze kinda dropped off the planet as soon as super silver and jack came around with the addition of skunk #1 to increase yield, shorten flower and sweeten it up at the expense of those deeper haze characteristics we all love so much. A damn shame but croppers gonna crop.

Killahsmoke

This Silver Haze I've been puffing on for a month straight is the closest thing to the Haze aka Piff I was getting from NYC from 2001-2010! I love this stuff smells like lemony,cat piss,basement & lite note of soap with the Haze bite! The second hand smoke smells like frankincense incense you smell at Catholic churches lol trust me crush up some of this bud & you'll see all your boys or girls necks turn towards the Loud smell! Still got 3zips in my jars in a safe saved up for spring & summer.

Cannavore

Veteran
This Silver Haze I've been puffing on for a month straight is the closest thing to the Haze aka Piff I was getting from NYC from 2001-2010! I love this stuff smells like lemony,cat piss,basement & lite note of soap with the Haze bite! The second hand smoke smells like frankincense incense you smell at Catholic churches lol trust me crush up some of this bud & you'll see all your boys or girls necks turn towards the Loud smell! Still got 3zips in my jars in a safe saved up for spring & summer.

yep i used to get that in NY... also some silver haze that smelled like metals, money, and incense.
much better than ssh/jack/trainwreck/slh or any other modern haze hyb out there.

piff, silver haze, diesel, blueberry, strawberry cough is the shit i grew up on

choomseed

This is easily one of my favorite threads
here online at International Cannagraphic.
The church, cabin, ivory soap, money, and
incense-esque funk is what I am seeking
and still hunting for...I had something that
was unique from my mentor, an old seed
gifted to him from another old grow friend
of his. {Super Silver Haze X Northern Lights
X Malawi} which spawned a magnificent
mother I called Mil5 Haze, a mason county
original. I'm going to tear up a bit if I keep
mentioning my Mil5....BUT..I have seeds
from my outdoor Mil5 that I hit with Karma's
Sour Power X Biker Kush#4 male...that stock
in my opinion is the crux of my ENTIRE seed
library, and I have yet to pop those beans..
I am sad for the loss of my Mil5 haze, but
I am very confident that I will find a mother
reminiscent of the original, or much better...

@Cannavore: yep i used to get that in NY... also some silver haze that smelled like metals, money, and incense.
much better than ssh/jack/trainwreck/slh or any other modern haze hyb out there.

There is a PNW Purple Trainwreck you might like.
I grew up on Blueberry, Deadman, and other crosses
of O.R. aka '78 affie premo, and Northern Lights#5.
It would be an honor for you to smoke my Blueberry
someday, mine is the muffinesque stretch indica cut.

@Killahsmoke: This Silver Haze I've been puffing on for a month straight is the closest thing to the Haze aka Piff I was getting from NYC from 2001-2010! I love this stuff smells like lemony,cat piss,basement & lite note of soap with the Haze bite! The second hand smoke smells like frankincense incense you smell at Catholic churches lol trust me crush up some of this bud & you'll see all your boys or girls necks turn towards the Loud smell! Still got 3zips in my jars in a safe saved up for spring & summer.

I hope you find some seeds..that sounds like
something I would love to have, especially
the catpiss pheno of Super Silver Haze..the
Grey Area cut is supposed to be the shit too.

NGZveFs.jpg

What I am showing now are two brother
phenotypes given to me by a very good
friend, that some may also know, that've
miraculously sprouted from '79 bagseed.
One was named MTV, the other Eminem.
I've posted some details in another thread,
but at the moment MTV is my favorite for
a handful of reasons, though Eminem boasts
the best root development. Very vigorous..

@Brelva: Yeah silver haze kinda dropped off the planet as soon as super silver and jack came around with the addition of skunk #1 to increase yield, shorten flower and sweeten it up at the expense of those deeper haze characteristics we all love so much. A damn shame but croppers gonna crop.

I couldn't have typed the words above any
better myself...way too damn true, chuckers
who give a shit have to select the oldschool
back into the new flavors, and pump up the
old ones!! It's going to be a very swell ride.

2y3yvd4.jpg

Thin fingers...I'll get/take more pictures that
aren't complete shit, but yeah it's better than
not being online while being too indecisive
about what to post or not, so much picture
sifting to do later...hopefully I fix this new
camera also, bartered for a Galaxy S3 phone.

choom(0:

Killahsmoke

Nice looking plants you got there @choomseed Love the skinny leaf in the last pic! I just gave my boy some seeds from shit I found over the years in great bud. He planted them & they are growing all looking great. I also got 1 seed I've been holding on to for 2+ years found it about 5zips of some fire Jack x Diesel that had got pollinated by Super Skunk so one day I'll plant that & see what it becomes!

Bro, I can see where you're coming from. In the late 90's, I used to walk from JFK HS to Post Ave for hydro or haze. The walk was on some mission impossible type shit, patty wagons and d.t's. I remember one time we asked the dude straight up what the bud was; he told us "Silver Haze". It all came back to me when I read your post. A lot of people try to down play this strain, Everything that is being said about this Strain is 100% true, I have never smoked anything like since them days. I personally think about Colombian gold or silver haze. If the bud was coming from the Cubans in FL, then they most likely got the Bud from the Colombians. Like many, I'm on the hunt for this strain :tiphat:

B

Bob Green

@Choomseeds

Holy shit man you are the first person I have ever heard bringing OR up online. My friends brother used to grow that cut back in the 90's. Shit was the real deal make your lungs explode expando bud!

J

jaded1

Anyone looking for catpiss phenos should look at ojd's ag13haze/freak,lots of limes and catpiss smells in them
picture.php
picture.php

Mikenite69

Veteran
Haze

Haze

yep i used to get that in NY... also some silver haze that smelled like metals, money, and incense.

Hey cannavore do u remember that haze that was going around NYC right around the same time silver haze was floating around That had that strawberry or some kinda red berry hint in it when broken up? Wasn't it strawberry haze or some shit like that? It didn't come around much I think because the silver and uptown was a lot better.

Gotta love that uptown wet damp moldy basement smelling haze just amazing weed. Just unearthed my old blueberry cut that I use to run my fingers are crossed she hasn't lost anything from drift but this is the girl that smells like straight blueberrys. Have her in flower now keep fingers crossed because I'll spread her ass like the plague! Lol

Old bb sativa
picture.php

Killahsmoke

Hey cannavore do u remember that haze that was going around NYC right around the same time silver haze was floating around That had that strawberry or some kinda red berry hint in it when broken up? Wasn't it strawberry haze or some shit like that? It didn't come around much I think because the silver and uptown was a lot better.

Gotta love that uptown wet damp moldy basement smelling haze just amazing weed. Just unearthed my old blueberry cut that I use to run my fingers are crossed she hasn't lost anything from drift but this is the girl that smells like straight blueberrys. Have her in flower now keep fingers crossed because I'll spread her ass like the plague! Lol

Old bb sativa
View Image

That Blueberry sounds great @Mikenite69 is that pre 1999 cut of Blueberry Sativa? I had here a few times when the NYC Haze was that block work fire flame anyway I grabbed like 7 sacks of Blueberry & 7 sacks of Haze I'll tell you straight up everyone who tried that cut of Blueberry went crazy no one wanted the Haze LOL man that cut of Blueberry has been on my mind ever since its in my Top 3 All time smokes. I still talk about her & whenever someone says they got Blueberry I get warm & fuzzy lol then I look smell taste & BIG let down! If you got her big ups to you keep her alive she is a treasure! Oh yea I'm still smoking this fire cut of $ilver Haze I just love it!

JointOperation

until the consumer understands that sativas take longer to grow and deserve a higher price.. I will not take anything that doesn't finish in 12 weeks MAX.. and even then 300 an oz.. on that stuff no matter wat.. or it gets smoked by ME

Latest posts

Latest posts