What's new

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

thatguy

I'm looking forward to it, Art! If it's what I'm remembering, than it's definitely got SOME haze genetics in it, but you're totally right. I've never smoked anything that tasted quite like that!

Quite the mystery, huh?

All the best,
TG

Awesome thread , this was like reading a good thriller, the scene : NY , the hero : Art of making fire trying to discover the holy grail from two mysterious seeds discovered in thousand lbs of the myghty "Piff".

But here is the beginning of troubles, God (a cuban mafia ) doesn't want his holy grail strain to be available to everyone, the hero have to hide from cubans , dominicans and maybe even the jew mafia who wants him dead !

While all this shit happens, his two plants are growing nice and the smell sounds intresting but at this time he's not even sure he have what is looking for.

The hero even have some doubts after reading some hater's shitty comments on a cannabis forum and meditate if those two seeds are really worth the risk for his life he's taking.

But a small voice in his head tell him " don't give up" ; he knows deep inside of him that he's on the right path, the days are going, the girls are flowering ,every day the smell is more pronounced .

Finally the day of harvest comes but it's suspensful , he needs at least 3 weeks cure to know if he has accomplished his mission and have the grail in his hands ( the cuts he took b4 flowering the two girls).

3 weeks have passed now he opens his jar , inspect the nugs, wow they even look and smell better than the Piff nugs from God !

Now it's the crucial time :he loads his bowl with one those extraordinary bud, light his lighter and take a deep breath then smoke that bowl with a great feeling of achievement.

Then a large smile appears on his face, all this work and risks for his life were not in vain; he was succesfull with his mission.; he got the real deal uptown haze !

The grail is not only anymore in the hands of " GOD Monsanto".
The whole med cannabis is rejoicing, it's a great day for humankind!

End of the Part 1.

In the next part you will know if "GOD Monsanto" and his mafia crew :dueling: will let him spread the holy grail cut and the subtile crosses Art of Making Fire have done to have a close representation of the "uptown Haze" in seed form.

And maybe also a flash back on the begining of the whole piff story with her origins , first breeder and major grow ops in FL in the 90 ies.

I would definetly love to see a movie from this story !

More seriously, big respeckt for your work , i was wondering which male(s) you are going to choose to breed the ladies.

Mango Haze , SSH, NL5xHaze , something more indica ?! :joint:

bigherb

Veteran
art
big up you did it mang.preservation in process .best news of the day so far .congrats brotha im excited .

lets do it this investigation thing new thread or watever
i see mexican growth pattern traits of high n taste n aromas r colombian n mexican

yoooo i cant wait 4 a proper smoke report n som pics lmao

ndnguy said:
Is there different cuts of this haze as like a more commerial cut as I don't see the commerial guys growing this ,no yield at all???? Just a question ,not starting anything. :rasta:

thats one of the reasons growers grow lofts full of this stuff. And majority of NY Haze is pulled prematurely.

bigherb said:
hub
bro i thought u were og .man hav you read this thread or any other ny haze / piff threads.what makes this piff is its seeds from high grade nyc haze the best art has com by .period ... yeaaaaa bagseed

you say you smoke piff in nyc= h.s and all ssh ive smoke in the dam n nyc dont hold a candle to our piff aka best uptown haze.

if you get piff all over you really get ripp = ripped caz piff is slang for top notch nyc haze which everyone would love to believe they smoke sell n so on.

if you truly ever smoked piff or any any nyc haze for that matter you would not be asking any of these questions .

art
sorry bro ive been lookin for updates n had to speak my piece, but i think som would lov to hear from the fireman.hope all is well n post som new pics wen u can

So you guys think the piff is more potent than Mr. NIce SSH and Nevil's Haze? I'm planning on growing one of these pretty soon and the reason behind it was that they'd be "better" than the uptown.. but if this isn't the case then i don't think it'll be worth spending the time growin them

dscowboy

I haven't had Neville's but I have had the Uptown and SSH. I would say they are very close (and probably related), but the right pheno of Super Silver Haze is a better flavor and more resinous than the Uptown IMO.

HuffAndPuff

Art- Just read your last post and wanted to tell you I'm stoked for you! I know you're a man of your word, and if you say you found the real deal- it's the real deal. Good work man, and thanks for keeping all of us posted on this.

I've smoked the uptown many-a-times, (I think once or twice while on leaf-peeping adventures, youknowwhadImtawkinbout??? Fahgeddaboutit!) and it's smell and taste are immediately recognizable. Like you said, even the smoke has it's own specific smell. I'll be around your way sometime soon, let's get shitfaced off some brandy and smoke some of that shit, son!

STAY SAFE!
HuffAndPuff

The Vermonster

Hey art congrats on being close to 100%........my a nd b are looking sweet and im still holding out on throwing them in the 3 gallon pots.........for being in 16oz cups they sure are looking good and i did this so as they wouldnt start growing out of control and also for the 4 mtg diesels to catch up.........this mtg diesel is super dank from American Grower(his strain)........i received it indirectly from a mutual friend and its def a keeper so let me know bro and the white cuts will be ready to go in 3-5 weeks if you're down to try it again........im pumped as i love the Uptown and cant believe i was fortunate to be blessed w/ both phenos!!!!!!!!!

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
I chopped them at about 85.

Way too early I know. Lol. Slightly hypocritical. But I needed the room as things have come up in my life. $ needs to be made.

However. I am convinced enough. I dried them. Put them in jars. Burped them. And sealed them up. Took a small nug out of each to test...

Pheno #1 is the indica leaning plant. She always seemed to lag behind her sister the sativa by about 2 weeks. Her trichrome production started about 2 weeks after Pheno #2 along with bud production and stretch stopping. All about 10 - 14 days behind.
Her smell is unmistakably "THAT SHIT". When smoked, she currently tastes a little greeny and harsh. She needs to cure a little. But the taste is there and the smell of the smoke is EXACTLY the Uptown we all know. This Pheno yielded slightly less, but had larger buds than #2.

Pheno #2 was the sativa leaning plant. Small clusters of buds strewn all over the plant. More triched out. A little stinkier. The smell is DEAD ON IMO. The yield as I said was higher. The stone is powerful even with no cure and freshly dried. Smoke is a little harsh as with Pheno #1 due to I believe they need to cure.

They are finicky IMO and require a lot more work. They do like nutrients alot, but are sensitive to PH flux. I would recommend adjusting the PH of your nutirents even if growing in soil. Organics would be difficult to dial in. She wants to stretch like no other plant I've expereinced. I pinched them both several times during thier stretch. They stretched for about 25 - 30 days. Slowing down towards the latter, but still stretching. I would be very intrested to see how these girls do if they are flowered as huge bushes, trained and kept low. I think they'd explode and REALLY produce. I would say these are NOT suited for a SOG. They obviously get too lanky and require alot of training in that setup. I think big plant style is the way to go with these...

Which brought me to another thought... Outdoors. This plant would produce. Needs to find a home to the south to finish though.

Grown in Fox Farm OF. Dynagrow veg. Fox Farm Tiger Bloom.

I'll write a smoke report after the cure. Here are some pics I took comparing Uptown nugs bought on the block and the plants...
I'll post some dried nug shots.

3971uptown70ish.JPG

3971uptownblur.JPG
(little blurry)

3971uptowncompare.JPG

3971uptowncompare2.JPG

3971uptownnugs.JPG

3971uptowncompare3.JPG

O

otherwhitemeat

Art, nice to see the fruits of your labor...this post has been a looong time coming.

If yours are anything like mine, they could easily go 100-120. My girls kept stretching until they day I pulled them.

I was thinking Outdo also...I think I am going to do a guerilla grow next year from some clones. I could imagine the yields being INSANE outdoors.

Congrats, man...

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
This has been an outstanding thread. Good read from start to finish, made better by the announcement of success at the end.
Congratulations on actually getting what you were after. You deserve it.

Latest posts

Latest posts