What's new

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

xOOx

drama! don't you love it? i think we're going to have to start charging people to read these posts, its some good reading for sure. and almost like free articles for icmag ;) send me $5 via paypal per response, lol.

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
I have to just tell you how I feel man.
You want me to further and further describe the smell. It has it's descriptions. Sweaty gymsocks, mixed with incense, and a little aquarium "clean" smell.

the reason why i always ask is smell is so subjective. you smell one thing, i smell another. i thought the description of sweaty gymsocks (from reading other peoples posts) was more of a chemdog kush like odor? it's so hard to explain fragrances, if it's not something physical you can smell and be like yeah, it smells like that. sweaty gym socks can smell like flowers to someone else, if you know what i mean. but a rose smells like a rose, and everyone can relate to that fragrance. unless you have no sense of smell, lol.

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
But like with ANY other smell. You need to have a point of reference! You have out with a cut that has visual simularities to what I've been talking about (Uptown Haze) and I think all likeness ends there.

exactly. but to me, 1 hits gives me a nice buzz, 2 gets me rolling for quite some time, so i dunno.

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
You * your * to * and he grew them out. I have not spoken to him directly about his opinion of the strain, but you yourself have said he said it is NOT the Uptown Haze WE are talking about.

i haven't * my * to *, i haven't sent my cuts to anyone, that would be against the TOS. and dangerous too. i said cf got to try the cut, that's all i said.

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
Have you ever smoked Uptown Haze? If you have you know. If you have, you know the smell I'm refferring to as many people that just chime in here to say "great to see this" do. If you know the smell you know the smell.

as far as i know, i was always told what i was getting way back was uptown haze, or haze, never the word piff, and my homie picked up, i never went with him. only time i've been to the area has been when it was mcdonalds like drive thru pot in the late 80s early 90s. just stop on the block and have 2 or 3 people come up on each window. but those were nickle bags back then, and it wasn't like the buds of today. i wouldn't dare go there today. too old, and wouldn't get served anymore. well maybe .. crazy white boy wants piff.. lol

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
Why don't you go cop a bag of this marijuana and give ME a description?

even if i did, i still wouldn't have any one of you piff experts to 100% stamp of approval that it truely is what it is.

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
Not trying to come off like a dick, but for real, you know what I'm talking about or you don't. I'm not going to repeat over and over descriptions that don't even need to be given if you know I'm talking about "the Piff".

understood bro, i'm not gonna start crying. everyone can have a bad day and state their opinion.

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
What you thought was "the Piff" and even someone to grow was in fact NOT "the Piff". So you are confused.

perhaps i am, that's why i'm asking questions to clarify it for me, and others who don't have the balls to speak up and ask because they may be intimidated or something ;)

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
EDIT: I'm here to tell you a pretty decent grower of this plant, the SMELL IS NATURAL (and in my cab :joint: ). So please do not be one that continues to feed into stupid theories that people spray this herb with a chemical.

ok, well not theory, more like speculation. its healthy to do this, and question things to get to the bottom of stuff. it's the way i am, sorry if it annoyed you. i mean unless you saw the piff growing, grew it yourself, dried it, and smoked it, and it was the same, then yeah, 100% fact - but it will still have to be verified by another. but if you saw a plant, but then never saw the whole drying/packaging/out to the block sale of it, how could you 100% say it was or wasn't treated with something along the way? yeah nobody wants that to be true, and i certainly don't!!! what it's going to come down to, is having dried product from your cut, and actual commercial piff side by side, smoke both, and compare. then it will be truely validated as mother nature, and i hope she kicks ass.

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
And who the HELL says those skimpy bags last?!?!?!?!
I'm a real smoker and those things are gone before I get them!
Stop coming off like a "know it all". Someone that makes things up as they go along.

i know i know, power smoker. lol. i'm a lightweight. yep. never said otherwise, ever. but i don't think that takes away from my ability to judge weed in my low tolerance state. different weeds feel different, taste different, have different effects, and last different amounts of time. pound a blunt of it and wait, or a couple hits and wait, you will notice at either dosage, differences are apparent. i'm not as experienced with multiple strains as many of you guys, but i think i know when i like something.

as far as know it all ... no. i never claim to be a know it all, and hope that nobody else is getting that impression. i only say something if i have experienced it personally, or have a pretty good understanding of the subject. if i gave you or anyone that impression, then i'm sorry. i can't rule out the times when i may be stoned and say some shit that sounds out of this world crazy, lol. no comment.

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
"an unscheduled easily obtainable psychoactive chemical. i saw a few possible ones on the DEA schedule list"
Dude do you know how you sound right now?

yeah, a little bit out there. trying to throw possible scenarios. nobody wants to ever imagine that their weed has been adulterated. but street business is just that. unknown. its about money. only the growers probably have pride in their product, once it leaves they're hands its out of their control. there are some bad people in this world, and sure they can do things that you might not know about. i ran all different kinds of ideas, like maybe it was a salvia tincture misted on mid-grade, or high grade heady bud. it isn't beyond the realm of possibility. and salvia is very potent when extracted. and has that frozen out of mind experience, but it only lasts 20-30 minutes. but salvia is expensive in extracted form. there were chemicals that were deemed psychoactive but not yet controlled by the dea, and were in that state of legality limbo for a long time. some chemical labs were shipping this these psychoactive chemicals out to whoever asked. and it was cheap. some chemicals had triptamine like effects, and were legal and not scheduled until only 2004.

this is a list of some watched chemicals as .. i can't find the exact site reference i was referring too when i said what i said ..

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/law/law_watched_chemicals.shtml#1

now, what i meant by that .. is alone these chemicals may or may not be used to create other illicit drugs, and believe me some of these chemicals when smoked do some funky stuff to you. even smoking hairspray can give you quite a buzz, lol. now if someone was in the know and able to get one of these and basically enhance some herb with it, sure you know they'd do it. if it meant more $. that's all i meant by not yet controlled substances. and theres PLENTY of those. i'd question any high that is truely LSD or intense mushroom like from weed. but you'd have to have done some of these substances to have a point of reference to compare too...

man broth!! STILL LOL (inside joke)

xoox

Last edited:

xOOx

additional things i'd like to say is i've tried to describe what mine smelled like, and others agreed that what they had smelled similar from nyc uptown. and the way i described the effects were similar.

so i'm at a loss, piff, uptown, uptown haze, haze .. there is no authority on the subject yet .. once it's all straightened out and the real official seal of approval uptown is found, i want to try it for myself to see what i'm missing with the one i enjoy?

xoox

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
At this point, I feel like you make NO SENSE at all.

"even if i did, i still wouldn't have any one of you piff experts to 100% stamp of approval that it truely is what it is."

You're just a hater. I'm over you posting here.

If anyone has questions about this strain FEEL FREE to ask.

I, and others, have done our best in describing the odor.

xOOx you're just going to have to get past the fact that you don't have the Uptown Haze? and it seems to me you've never smoked it.

You're a lightweight and that's fine, but do not be fooled into thinking that you can judge potency as I can. What affects you, (ie. your unpotent, long flowering, ditch cut) and gets you ROLLING for two hours, would probably have no affect on me OR 95% of memeber on this website.

You've posted a list of substances that the DEA monitors the sales of. Lactose, hexane, ephedrine, and hydrogen are on this list. It is not a list of phychoactive materials. It proves nothing other than the fact that you can google something. It is not speculation, it is the rantings of someone that has no purpose on this thread anymore other than LEARNING something, and is continuing to try and remain relevant.

Alot of people enjoy reading this thread and I enjoy keeping people informed about this strain. This thread will not be turned into a meaningless back and forth.

Please refrain from further disturbances in this thread.

Thank you.

peterpan

Veteran
Hi Art whats going on here, a pissing match. x00x I've smoked with the man and I, can tell you Art can hang with the best of them. Peace

xOOx

peterpan,

no not at all, no pissing match. never was. just a heated discussion. which i admire, actually never was about who can smoke more or anything like that, maybe you are misreading what we're saying.

but art,

bro,

some chemicals may not be narcotic stand alone, but combined and mixed with others can have narcotic like effects, as i stated i can't find the original source list of potential narcotic watches i was referring too.

i admire your work and mission! and i try to help the cause in any way i could. you don't want me to post in your thread anymore, i won't. i don't have a problem with that.

a hater though -- i am not. that's for sure. only one doing any hating here seems to be you ..

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
You're a lightweight and that's fine, but do not be fooled into thinking that you can judge potency as I can. What affects you, (ie. your unpotent, long flowering, ditch cut) and gets you ROLLING for two hours, would probably have no affect on me OR 95% of memeber on this website.

"would probably have no affect" ... "would probably" means you haven't tried it right? your in the loop, go right ahead be my guest and try when it cures. tell me if it doesn't affect you at all. what else can i say? very unfair to call it ditch without see'n how the profile effects you.

$10 says this thread never finishes. just like the countless other ones you've started under this moniker that just left the audience hanging in limbo for ages. maybe i'm wrong.

we're still friends right?
or shall i file for the divorce!

man broth? LOL (still lol about that)

anyways, on with the grow!
no more disturbances from me.

holding my ass in my hand,
xoox

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
this guy 4 real u took it way out there n u been around r u thinkin b4 u tlk do u remember wat youve read wat we discussed da old ny piff thread com on [lol].that chem shit is old .pleeez only positive vibes 4 my man art we r celebrating n opportunity to hav a gem available to the community.

dea watch list ic beta watch this duuuu {lol}

anyone who got it twisted on this piff biz nyc haze just a reminder .organic cannabis hav endless counterparts of flavors n aromas n som out of this world all natural i lov it .these r perfect descriptions to help u beta understand our nyc haze.also y i believe we hold heirloom genetics n now hopfully our bro [artofmakingfire]

dj short strains of yesterday

Colombian Gold

The color and cure were unique, and the aroma, flavor and high were equally so. The smell was that of sandalwood incense, almost like frankincense. The flavor was that of a peppery cedar. It was some of the most unique tasting herb in the world, and the high was just as exciting. It was truly psychedelic, powerful and long lasting.

It was seeded, but most of the seeds were undeveloped, white and useless.sounds familiar?

Mexican
Highland Oaxaca

Highland Gold, somewhat similar to the Colombian Gold, lacked bright gold color but sported purple and red calyx tips on its blondish-brownish-green buds. It had larger buds surrounded by long, skinny leaves.

. It was some of my all-time favorite because the aroma and flavor were of a super-spicy cedar incense, in a very comfortable yet powerfully psychedelic pot.

xOOx

ya bigherb respect,

i just like the high so much i like to keep talkin about it and rehashing and i guess sounds like diareha now, so no negative vibes bro, no bad karma, all uptown now. descriptions of what you said in the past and now i agree with and its similar to what i smell on my buds, but i'm still a little unsure on the sandalwood as to exactly what that odor smells like. i just don't know what to say, i could say you smell that in what i have, but i wouldn't compare that to sweaty gymsocks so i'm at a loss. there just a lot of stuff going on in the sniff, 2much nasal overload to zero in on one smell. i'm convinced medium/nutrients/and additives may influence final odor and taste. those hydro stores sell so many 'make it taste better' 'make it like very berry' blah chemicals i'm wondering why most commercial i've seen lately has all had that same similar fragrances to them in the past couple years.

i had my medicine now, and i apologize to you art for poking at your ribz earlier

grow on man.. and peace

xoox

rusto

Beast
lets get back on topic, i want to hear some more specs, you had me interested but it looks like arguing now...

I also wanna see some pictures, sounds interestion.

you seem like you have confidence.

Mr.Piff

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
Pheno # 2
Day 43 flower.

3971haze2day43.JPG

You can see this one has better trichrome coverage. Also, though it doesn't look like alot of trikes, remember production started about a week ago.

3971haze2close43.JPG

And for me, this is the clincher and what you see here is the Uptown Haze.

3971THEHAZE43.JPG

Look at those pistells. Now pretend your computer has smell-O-vision and tell me it's not.

Damn... I got flashbacks of the block haze, and how the world slows down when you take a couple of hits of it.

whoa good job Art, also I think gifting cuts to the community would be the best choice for now :joint: :joint: :joint:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
I was also just thinking. There have been 0% hermies thus far!

They are getting fatter and the Uptown #1 is fattening up, not as many budsites, but fatter buds. And the smell is CLEARLY present in #1 as well now...

I will take some pics when the lights come on and post them...

PS. Also, I have been flowering these under MH...

the truth is once rappers started saying piff people, called that harlem haze/washington heights haze piff.

now it's to the point anything decent is "that piff".

I want cali weed.

Kinderfeld

^^^totally true

I am having a hard time finding piff around me but a new guy I met offered me some 'strawberry piff', got a quarter for $100 just to try it and it smells real good like strawberries but it sure as hell isn't any haze pretty dense nugs no spicyness at all just fruity. Oh and the high is mild to somewhat strong indica so I am just thinking it is a strawberry cough cross because that strawberry smell is unmissable, smells like strawberry muffins> I really do wish poeple wouldn't call EVERYTHING dank the name of the last dank shit they smok eh well the search continues.. Hope everything is going good ART and I hop you consider breeding your ladies!
:lurk:

Last edited:
O

otherwhitemeat

Art,

Glad to hear things are progressing nicely. I just figured I'd share some updated photos with you. These seeds were from a bag of uptown haze I got last year. Had a few seeds in a bag of sensi and decided to pop em last year, got all girls.

Here are two pics of the same pheno I had the cuttings of. These are at about 75 days 12/12. (click on the pics for gory details on trich development)

I had to pull a few of them early to make room for some T44s (damn T44's turned out to be males) Here's a macro of my harvested (3 days dried/2 days jarred) NY Haze that I took down at about day 70:

And a comparison pic of some very tight uptown haze I got for about $400/z and my bud, freshly harvested. Note that both samples are exactly 5g, look at how airy my buds are...but also check out the trich density on my homegrown...not too shabby, I think:

And...last, but not least.. a macro of the uptown haze which I bought to get me through a dry spell waiting for harvest. It was my motivation for starting the whole thing in the first place. I will say this, this shit is HARSH...very strong chem taste from the hydro, but it gets you way high. I do prefer the taste of my dirt/organic grown, even if it's a bit more fluffy than the original. My high is great, just takes a bit more volume to get you there.

Last edited:

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
OWM- looks like they could have gone quite a bit longer for increased mass and density, but you're right, the surface crystals are lovely. You running your room a little on the hot n stuffy side by any chance? CO2 enrichment ftw ;)
Nice shots, man!

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
OWM - That nug on the left that you just bought does not look like any Uptown Haze I've ever seen. Even the dense shit isn't that dense. It looks like beasters...

The shit on the right I can see being the Uptown. Are you thouroughly familiar with the smell? Would you say your plants emit this odor?

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Piff #1 @ 54 Days Flower

Piff #1 @ 54 Days Flower

3971day54piff1.JPG

3971day54piff1nug.JPG

3971day54piff1tinynug.JPG

3971day54piff1trich.JPG

3971piff1day54close.JPG

This one has started to put on some weight. It has fewer budsites than #2. The smell of The Uptown? is there. Clearly present with no other interfering odors.

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Piff #2 @ Day 54 Flower

Piff #2 @ Day 54 Flower

3971piff2day54.JPG

3971day54piff2side.JPG

3971day54piff2tiny.JPG

3971day54piff2trich.JPG

3971piff2day54bud.JPG

3971piff2day54nugs.JPG

3971piff2day54wow.JPG

3971piff2nugs.JPG

I think this one is going to pack on alot more weight. She is aslo further along than #1. A little.

She stinks! Alot. Telltale odor now...

I snipped a piece of both phenos and I'm going to burn them after they dry and see if the smell is there too...

O

otherwhitemeat

Stinkyattic, meet stinky basement. :muahaha:

My cab is in a room and although I may have a lot of light/heat, I have two 4" can fans circulating the air. Air temps in the cab stay around 83-85, and the room that the cab is in is vented. CO2 is probably the same as the surrounding air, but I always worry about temps. So, CO2 will cut down on the stretch? If so, then I think I need to go back to reading!

Art,
When I lived in Norcal, dudes were selling beasters as 'BC bud'. And Beasters has something added to it, I always thought it tasted like Salvia Divinorum extracts. I really haven't seen any in NY and especially through my source...can you tell me about the 'EC Beasters' and what it looks/smells like? Plus, I always though Beasters had seeds in it to add weight.

What I bought is more Sativa dom--racy, paranoid but what's different is a noticeable body stone. Very chem tasting, almost overpowers the funky/sweatsock taste, but the character is there...just...hiding behind all the chem. I always source from the same guy, he's a trusted friend...it may be possible he didn't know, but the bud is always the same. What I am struck by is how similar my bud looks in color and trich density to what I bought, with the exception of the stretch/density of the end product...the colors are exactly the same.

My plants, when vegging have a pungent smell, not skunk per se...but kinda almost like rotten/funky smell with hints of vinegar. I've always called it 'funky sweatsock', almost moldy. In full on flowering it's funky sweatsock (not skunky) but also has notes of sweet...almost like candy or FrankenBerry cereal.

After drying and some jar curing it gets back that strong funky smell and the high gets the heart racing. A trusted friend and some members on this board tell me that what I am growing looks a lot like Kali Mist?

Anyway, hope I've helped 'the cause' in some small way.

EDIT--Just looked at your pics, yours is definitey more Sativa than what I have, VERY NICE trich development too. You must be a very proud father! Fine work! So when can I get a cutting? ;-)

Last edited: