What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

I did a taste test and I could taste a difference but I couldn't describe it, and I can't say I have a preference.

I'll see if I notice a difference in the buzz tomorrow when I'm sober.

PCBuds

I can't seem to upload pictures to Postimage anymore.
It says that I violated the terms of service?

I don't know? I've been uploading cannabis pictures for over a year.

So I'm going to try and store my pictures here on this forum...
I don't really know what I'm doing?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84126&pictureid=2067586

The link seems to work but I want to post the actual picture in my post.

picture.php

There, I think I got it.

PCBuds

Anyway, I waited 10 days, then trimmed my buds and jarred them.

I ended up with 61.6 grams and I'm pretty sure that I'll get over 100 grams total once the rest of my plant is finished.

The remaining plant is fattening up and it might end up being half my total weight.

She does look like she needs quite a bit more time.

picture.php

I think I'm getting the hang of uploading and posting pictures.

PCBuds

I just did a search about curing and found SuperBadGrowers link to curing.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=367535

I want to repost the link to the podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqDkrmcOMEk

It looks like I had things just about right with my temperature and humidity.

picture.php

I listened to the whole thing.
A lot of good info.

I figure that by leaving my plant hanging for 10 days, I may have lost some terpenes, but I had way less chance of getting mold.

But if that's the trade-off, then I don't care.
Plus, it's really easy.
Just hang it, then wait, then jar it.

picture.php

It's been in the jar for a few hours and the RH is at 55%, so it should still "cure" if it has any more to do.

PCBuds

I measured the PPM of my nute solution.

picture.php

And measured the solution in my cooler, which hasn't been flushed for months.

picture.php

So my numbers look pretty good and I don't think the cooler's getting salty, but I will drain and flush the cooler when this plant is done.

The buds in the big jar have stabilized at 54% RH and smell pretty good.

PCBuds

The biggest remaining cola only has a few yellow hairs, but most of the others look like they're just getting started.
It's at 14 weeks today.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I remember reading that plants that get really close to the LEDs end up sprouting new growth, even when it was time to harvest.

I'm wondering if my plant is sprouting new shoots all around the plant, because of all the side lighting I've got?

Each of my strips is 1,200 lumens, and I've got 12 on the walls around the plant and 7 strips overhead.

I've also got 12 strips on the walls towards the top of the closet above the top of the plant.

Whatever is happening, I still intend to just let her keep growing.
I might have to let her grow for even another month?

SuperBadGrower

It's possible but hard to say. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.

In my experience with these strips, if they are spread well, at a distance beyond 8 inches it should really not cause foxtailing/eternal growth.

foxtailz.jpg

But when a normal plant foxtails, the rest is still normal (I mean the parts where light intensity is not excessive). This plant just seems weird in multiple ways. If the plant is weird it's difficult to draw conclusions or learn from a grow.

The irony is, you have this awesome bottom lighting yet stuck with a plant that finishes its top 2 months before its bottom. I am willing to bet, if I took my clones, or most 12/12 seeds, and grew them to 4ft with a similar light set up I would never need to do a partial harvest. The bottom lighting serves to prevent that ..

To illustrate that,
lets say I have colas that are too tall for my light penetration
The lower buds are still the same as the top... just, they are very pale green because they don't get any respectable amount of light. And they are very leafy.
Developmentally they might be a little behind, yes... there might be a higher ratio of white hairs on those immature buds... Or the hairs are orange but the bud/leaves is very weak and pale. They are maybe 1 week behind in development, max 2. Despite relative immaturity they will have plenty of swollen calyxes already. When you squeeze them they are spongy/chunky. It's not like they are just getting started.
After 5 days of 12/12 they will be darker green, almost like the tops. They terp up a bit and get some density but not much... it's not like a miracle

Thats indoor with max 4.5ft tall plants. If you grow 6-12 ft trees you might expect a bigger developmental difference between the tops and lowers... I can't speak on that

I think it also depends on what you prune before/during flower

If you "lollipop" a plant, but miss one spot at the main stem, it can grow a single huge chunker there!! Like a main cola bud... Very mature too. Energy distribution
But, if you don't lollipop that plant at all, it might spread its energy and make many shitty airy buds down below. I can imagine that the lowers on an untreated plant might be more immature than my own lowers I described earlier.

Last edited:

PCBuds

Thanks, SuperBadGrower.

I just went and squeezed a couple of buds, and they do feel quite chunky and spongy, and my finger and thumb are all sticky.
I don't like to do that too much, because it feels like I'm wasting some good trichs.

I don't mind having a weird plant and I've never really been able to draw any real conclusions because I keep messing up the basics.

The only thing that I think I need to worry about is when to harvest, and being as it sounds like there's almost no such thing as waiting too long, I'm just going to let her grow.

She's still drinking 2 liters a day and really seems to be thriving (in her own weird way. lol), so I guess I'll just wait to see more orange hairs.

PCBuds

... if I took my clones, or most 12/12 seeds, and grew them to 4ft with a similar light set up I would never need to do a partial harvest. The bottom lighting serves to prevent that ...

It was my intention to grow a four-foot plant but I screwed up early on and she ended up short and stunted.
Apparently, this strain can grow to around 5'.

This was her, early on...

I'm pretty sure that things will work better with my next plant, and I'll get a four-foot plant.

If you "lollipop" a plant, but miss one spot at the main stem, it can grow a single huge chunker there!! Like a main cola bud...

But, if you don't lollipop that plant at all, it might spread its energy and make many shitty airy buds down below...

I've got some nice chunky buds at the bottom.

These are three of the 5-6 bottom branches...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

They are hard to get a picture of because I don't want to touch the plant, but I think all my bottom branches were worth keeping.

It's just the timing thing but I don't care if I even do three harvests.

PCBuds

This is my closet right now...

I'm wasting a lot of light and space but I'm okay with that.

I guess there's lots of diffused ambient light though?

picture.php

I looked at that picture and decided to lower my overhead lights.
Now it's about an inch from touching the plant.

picture.php

Fricken Eh!!
I need a four-foot plant to see what my cab can do. Lol

PCBuds

I "LST'd" my bottom branch into the wind.

picture.php

I bent a few more...

picture.php

I noticed that my entire plant was growing off to the right side as if pushed there by the wind?

It's planted in the middle of the cooler but it's hanging heavy on the right.

picture.php

PCBuds

Thanks.

I still don't really know when the hell they're done. Lol

I was thinking of cutting the three tall colas on the right?

They look the most finished.

I will wait until tomorrow when I'm sober, to decide whether or not to do that though. Lol

Latest posts

Latest posts