What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I throw silica gel packets in my curing jars as a precaution (like those in shoe boxes.) Had one jar of bud I thought was dry and done curing. It got shoved to the back of the closet and I found it a month later caked in a mold colony. Rice in a sock works if you're on the cheap.

PCBuds

Healthy/happy looking roots by the way.

I think so...

I'll just keep flushing it out when it gets murky.

No molasses or bacteria.

A bit of tap water too for some chlorine.

I wonder if I might go too sterile and set myself up for an infestation of whatever ??

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Try using pure tap water. The chloramine in it will help with keeping it down. People say it's bad for cannabis but in my experience that's not true.

PCBuds

I throw silica gel packets in my curing jars as a precaution (like those in shoe boxes.) Had one jar of bud I thought was dry and done curing. It got shoved to the back of the closet and I found it a month later caked in a mold colony. Rice in a sock works if you're on the cheap.

I've got some desiccant that looks like clay pellets. I microwaved some to dry it up then put it in a shop towel and put it in my jar.

I use that first when it's quite damp then switch to the Boveda packs. I don't want to saturate/wear out my Boveda packs.

I just swapped in the Boveda now.

PCBuds

That murk is brown algae, are you using straight tap water or just adding a little?

That picture was from earlier when I had molasses in the water.
It went funky and slimy.

I think I'll switch to tap water instead of bottled to get the chlorine.

It's still easy to do. Dump the reservoir, clean it, fill with tap water, add 1/8 tsp of nutes and stir.

PCBuds

I've got this in my grow closet for CO2...

A couple spares as well...

I'm drunk right now !!

It's a really symbiotic relationship. Lol

I just have to drink as much wine as my plant needs CO2. Lol