What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
That's great, looks like she's made quite the recovery. Mine was eager to come in when I first got him but he was totally terrified of me and other men. Liked women a lot though. I suspect it was a man that had dumped him and possibly abused him. Declawing him was abuse in itself.

Plant's looking good man, ever thought about trying a small one outdoors when it warms up?

PCBuds

She had fleas, ear mites, and worms but she's fine now.
She's got her claws and I don't cut them so she can climb trees and defend herself.

I don't know what I'm going to do with my window plant but this one is going in the ground when it warms up.

Swanson

They work good for ghetto greenhouse. I bought a car like that once.. was a friends. it had a big veggie garden and a few plants in it when I showed up to test drive it. Crayon everywhere? Mold always did have the upper hand but it was a good car.

PCBuds

I was thinking of turning the car into a greenhouse but I decided to just keep the plant in there until the threat of frost is over then plant it in the ground.

PCBuds

I cut my closet plant, washed it, and hung it up.

I didn't get too much off this plant and it's full of seeds. It was kind of a bust.

The washing worked pretty well but there's still a bit of fur on it.

I'm going to revamp my closet a bit then get started on my Candy Cane Autoflower.

SuperBadGrower

Better to smoke some cat hair than paclo and rat poison. Ill take most seeded crops over commercial buds! You can use the seeds to take revenge on someone who has pissed you off.

Great stuff... well, I get you're not thrilled hehe but it's just the first try in a really awesome grow setup. when you get it dialed in & and good genetic you will have the best result of your life.

PCBuds

I think my biggest problem was the light leaks as far as it herming.

And this wasn't good either. Lol

Next time I'm planting the sprouted seed directly into the cooler and it's Autoflower.

I'll have just the ceiling lights on at first then slowly turn on the sidelights as soon as she's big enough.

PCBuds

... You can use the seeds to take revenge on someone who has pissed you off...

I'll probably end up with over 200 seeds that I don't really want between this plant and the last.

I might go plant them all over Gods green acre like Johnny apple seed. Lol

PCBuds

Oh, and no experiments or weird shit for my closet plant.
I'm going to do what has worked for me before.

The experiments are for my window plant and my outdoor plant.

PCBuds

My new power supply arrived. (the one on top.)

I'm going to swap it in to replace the one on the left.

The one on the left has it's fan running all the time, which is both noisy and it draws dust into itself which clogs it up in no time.

The new power supply (same as the one on the right) has a thermostat controlling the fan as well as having a two-speed fan.
It's quieter and should last a lot longer before I have to open it up and clean it.

The power supplies are running at less than half their rated output so the fan rarely comes on and it's at slow speed when it does.

The supply on the right powers the sidelights and the one on the left powers the ceiling lights

PCBuds

ive learned some neat chit not commenting and just reading your thread brother good stuff

Cool!
I'm just learning as I go.

One big thing I should note again is that if anyone is considering LED strips or COB's that need a driver, it's way better to get a constant current driver/power supply.
The only advantage of my power supply is that it was only $42 for a 500 Watt supply.

LEDs are different in that they conduct better as they get hotter and thermal runaway is a real possibility.

My power supplies need constant supervision.
Just by having my house warm-up a few degrees, my strips started drawing more current.

If my fan ever died in the middle of the night, I could be in some real trouble.
I wouldn't care too much about losing a plant or burning out my strips but starting a fire is always nagging me in the back of my mind.

PCBuds

I trimmed the buds off the branches, removed as many seeds as I could find and jarred it with a hydrometer.

I ended up with 47.5 grams and about 135 seeds.

It smells good, it's quite sticky and I'm going to smoke a bit now to see how it tastes before the cure to check out the taste and see if it gets me stoned.

PCBuds

I noticed that the branches weren't purple where they were covered up by the buds.

I'm thinking that it was all the light including the sidelights that turned them purple.

This is a quote from SuperBadGrower...

"~70F day temps may be suboptimal with led but should not create such intense purpling. Streaks of purple on the stem are normal but overall purpling is usually a sign of deficiency.

however, if you hit stems with high blue light, they will 100% turn purple. A guy on another forum wraps blue lights around his stems and they have 1 mm internodes and are super purple. Since your plant is hit from all sides, it is a possible cause, or aiding factor."

I'm thinking the purple isn't a bad thing?
It could just mean that she's getting tons of light?

Maybe she's just got a sunburn or a nice healthy tan? Lol

Latest posts

Latest posts