What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

Swanson

I think it's more like 14.5 or 15 hrs many indica will start flowering. Smaller buckets can kickstart it a bit sooner. Have had some photoperiod plants finish here in September at a similar latitude.

Last edited:

Swanson

Screenshot_20200515-204231.jpg
My Blueberry at about 5 weeks into flowering in mid September. Good producer but finishes too late for my climate.

Last edited:

PCBuds

I've got White Widow that's going to be outside.
We'll see how it goes.

I remember snow on Halloween a few times so I guess that plant needs to be done by mid-October or so?

Swanson

If you have the time to do it I'd recommend force flower or putting out plants that are a couple weeks into flowering in July. Mold sucks.

PCBuds

I assume force flowering means to give the plant more darkness but I don't think I want to bother with that.

My outdoor/car plant is going in the ground shortly so I guess I'd have to make a cover for it then remember to put it on and off every day.

I caught a guy in my backyard at midnight last year on Sept. 19th so I'm almost expecting it to get stolen.
So I don't want to put any effort into it.
She's only going to get miracle grow too. I'm not wasting my good nutes on it. Lol

I'm considering it as just an experiment.

My closet plant is the one I will put effort into.

PCBuds

My seed has cracked open.
It should have a tap root by tomorrow.

My closet is just about ready.
I just have to connect 12 V to the circulation fan.

PCBuds

It's only 1.44 Watts and is almost silent.

It's just a breeze.

The smaller fan draws twice the power and blows a lot harder and louder.

I didn't know you could slow them down by reducing the voltage. Lol
I wrecked one by reversing the polarity so I didn't want to play with them too much.

PCBuds

Just saw that germination method. Does it work well?

I've had 100% success.
(Which is only about two dozen seeds.)

It's got water, oxygen, heat, and darkness...

(I've only lost one when put a few drops fertilizer on it.)

You can't see the taproot through three layers of paper towel on a plate, so you lift the towels over and over and tear the tender roots.

I transplant the seed when it's got a 1/4" taproot.

If you place the seed belly button up, the taproot grows straight down.

I fill the shot glass with water for 12 hours then dump out all but 1/2" to keep the paper towel damp and get air to the seed.

I put the shot glass in the rafters where it's warmer then cover it with a big mug and let it hang over the edge a bit to get fresh air.

Latest posts

Latest posts