What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

What is that white u are trying? KEFIR flower? My Mother eats every day kefir Milk with toasted linseeds.

If you mean this stuff, ... It's perlite.

If you mean this stuff, ... It's the anaerobic bacteria.

I only use the clear liquid "serum" for the plant at about 1 tablepoon per gallon and I eat the white "cheese".

This batch hasn't fully separated and isn't ready yet.

Here's a link to Hookahhead's post about it...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8739564&postcount=319

The simplest method for me was just yogurt juice added to milk in a regular jar with the lid loosely screwed on.

PCBuds

What is that white u are trying? KEFIR flower? My Mother eats every day kefir Milk with toasted linseeds.

I didn't know what kefir milk was so I Googled it a bit...

It sounds like you've got pretty much the same thing as I do but I think I may have a predominance of bulgaricus because I'm using "Bulkan" yogurt juice?

EDIT: I found this...

I wonder about this, "Streptococcus thermophilus"?

Isn't that what gives you strep throat?

Different bug I guess...

PCBuds

I also removed some of the metal tape so I can study the roots.

I'm thinking that whole "roots need to be dark" thing might be a bunch of hooey. Lol

PCBuds

My "nute solution" turned murky again...

So I decided against the molasses and bacteria in favor of clear liquid so I can see the roots.

I installed another container rim to lift the plant so that an entire 500 ml bottle of water with 1/8 tsp. of Maxigrow fills the volume below the plant without touching the container.

My leaves have "wilted" but I think they may be just aiming themselves into the sidelights?

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Your cat is hilarious! Mine has been particularly affectionate lately, trying to milk all this quarantine attention for what it's worth lol.

PCBuds

My favorite picture of my cat...

This is when I first got her at 8 weeks old.
She was full of bugs and crap.
She's almost 6 years old now.

If she could flap those ears she could probably fly.??

Latest posts

Latest posts