What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

... regardless I'd contact the vendor and see if you can't get a replacement or something. If everything else germinates it might well be the seed

I sent an email to the seed bank that I bought my seeds from...

"All three of my Auto Saltwater OG seeds died.

I germinated each one separately in distilled water and each one cracked open with a tap root showing then it turned brown and died.

I've never had seeds do that before.

I think that the seeds had some sort of pathogen.

The seeds cost me $69 CAD with all the shipping and bank fees and I didn't get a single plant to grow."

This was their response...

"Thanks for dropping an email Honestly that is a pretty old technique to be propagating like that ,distilled water?? ,get on a shogun start or rizotonic ,straight into cubes and light on ,no touching and passing of germs maybe ,not had any other problems with this seedbank ,I would drop purple city genetics an email see what they say ,did you take pictures ??
Ukseedstore "

I don't think I'm going to bother with getting in touch with purple city.
They will probably say the same thing.

I still blame the seeds. Even if I did contaminate the seeds, they should be able to deal with it.
All my other seeds did fine.

I'm guessing that the seeds don't have a very strong immune system or something and they may have had problems later on even if they did grow.

I've got ReikoX's seeds now and they're doing great!!

All three seeds popped and seem really eager to grow!!

PCBuds

I decided to make more fudge out of the three jars of buds I have in the freezer.

I going to use butter again this time because I don't really like coconut.
I still need to buy more icing sugar and peanut butter.

I do notice that the buzz is more comfortable, without the feelings of paranoia/anxiety/nervousness.
I don't know if it's because of the way cannafudge is made or if it was the different strains of weed that went into the mix.

I had been growing and smoking White Widow which apparently is bad for making you feel paranoid.

I think I'm getting the gist of the difference between a head buzz and a body buzz.

I would prefer a comfortable body buzz over a nervous head buzz.

SuperBadGrower

"Thanks for dropping an email Honestly that is a pretty old technique to be propagating like that ,distilled water?? ,get on a shogun start or rizotonic ,straight into cubes and light on ,no touching and passing of germs maybe ,not had any other problems with this seedbank ,I would drop purple city genetics an email see what they say ,did you take pictures ??
Ukseedstore "

. "DISTILLED WATER???", yeah what of it? seeds will germinate if you spray the towel with piss.
but yeah send pics, dont just roll over without trying
if you send pictures also send pictures of the ones that germinate without issue using the same method
Some of them will try to find anything to pin it on you.

Last edited:

PCBuds

I checked purple city's website and I can't find an email address. All I can do is fill out a form for requesting 200 or more clones.

All the small quantity sales of seeds are done through local dispensaries.

I'm just going to let it go.
It doesn't really bother me too much.

I'm more than breaking even with the help from ReikoX.

One of his seeds is just poking through the surface.

PCBuds

My closet plant is doing okay, a bit pale maybe but she had a lot of light early on.

I'm going to leave the lights at two feet above the plant in the hopes that she might stretch more than the last plant.
No side lighting right now. That probably won't happen for quite a while.

I guess I didn't dig down deep enough when I dug her up to transplant her.
I dug down about six inches and about four inches across with two garden hand shovels, but I found roots in the planter when I redid it for ReikoX's seeds.
The plant was less than 3" tall but had roots right down to the bottom of the planter.

She is still growing though but I may have stunted her a bit.
I figure she'll regrow her roots and recover pretty quickly.

PCBuds

I used a needle to pick the shell off of the sprout.
She's looking fine.

The other two are not far behind.

I'm going to keep spritzing the remaining two until they shed their shells.

PCBuds

I'd be starting some weak veg nutrients on the pale one. It's getting a slight need for phosphorus( purple on the petioles).

Yes, I have done that.

It ended up at a PPM of 600 using Maxigrow nutes and I PH'ed it to 6.0.

I've decided to not use the H2O2 in the closet because I don't want to kill all my Beni's.
Soil mites, springtails, and probably a whole bunch of smaller stuff that I can't see with my jeweler's loupe.

PCBuds

Does the space between the Cotyledon and the first set of leaves count as a node?

Will the purple fade away?

How long might that take?

PCBuds

I notice that the purpling looks different from the purpling on an earlier plant.

I still think my earlier plant was sunburned. Lol

PCBuds

The remaining two sprouts have lost their shells.

So now just plain water until they have two full sets of leaves.

PCBuds

First, CO2 sinks, so being under the planter isn't likely to do much. Second of all, my meter says we produce a shit ton of CO2 just hanging out with the plants for an hour, I increased the PPM to 1500.
View Image

I decided to put my other two buckets of fermenting wine on the floor near the intake of the ventilation fan.

That should help to get the CO2 to be drawn into the closet.

I might put up some kind of "shroud" around the buckets to direct the CO2 towards the intake fan.

My CO2 meter should be here within a week.
I hope it's not a useless piece of crap. Lol

I figure that I can take it outside to get a reading to try to test its accuracy.

What kind of PPM is CO2 outdoors?

EDIT: I managed to Google it...

I live right beside a highway with lots of traffic, so it's probably higher around my house.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Unless you are running a sealed room, I don't think you'll notice much of a difference supplementing co2 vs not. Also 600 ppm for some seedlings seems kinda high. I'd shoot more for like half that. When dropping fully rooted clones they only get 3 400 ppm in my trays until I actually see growth.

PCBuds

Unless you are running a sealed room, I don't think you'll notice much of a difference supplementing co2 vs not.

I don't have very much airflow, it's just kind of a breeze.
I think it has enough time to build up a bit.

I'll see what the CO2 meter says.

Also 600 ppm for some seedlings seems kinda high. I'd shoot more for like half that. When dropping fully rooted clones they only get 3 400 ppm in my trays until I actually see growth.

Yeah, I screwed up.

I thought that I was aiming for 500 and only overshot it by 100.

Maybe I'll flush her with half a bottle of water.

SuperBadGrower

1280px-Carbon_Dioxide_800kyr.svg.png

Oh hell yeah! Imagine the yields in 2050!

PCBuds

I don't run any sort of co2 supplementation at all.just got 13z from 1 stardawg under led.

What is the size of your grow space?

How many Watts of LED?

My grow space is 21" X 21" X 48" tall.

I'm running 220 Watts for my entire grow with all the lights on.

I got 6.5 ounces off my last plant.