What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

I've noticed that the seedling had a thin purple stock at first when I had the 5 bulbs closer.

She grew a fatter, light green stock after I lowered the plant.

I dunno?
I think I would prefer her to be thin and tanned than fat and pale. Lol

I'm thinking that if I'm going to overdo anything in my grow, the lighting would be the safest and most productive with much less chance of actually being able to overdo it with too much light.

indagroove

Veteran
There's definitely a point where too much light (without supplemental CO2) will stunt the plant. If I was going to pick anything to "overdo" it would be CO2.

PCBuds

There's definitely a point where too much light (without supplemental CO2) will stunt the plant. If I was going to pick anything to "overdo" it would be CO2.

I do have supplemental CO2 but I have no idea if I'm overdoing it or if it even makes any difference at all?

Maybe you could help me with a science question.

If I convert 5 KG of sugar into ethanol and CO2, how much CO2 do I create?

It's got to be more than just simply talking to your plant to give it CO2.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
First, CO2 sinks, so being under the planter isn't likely to do much. Second of all, my meter says we produce a shit ton of CO2 just hanging out with the plants for an hour, I increased the PPM to 1500.
picture.php

PCBuds

The last time I checked, a CO2 meter was about $200, and I don't want to spend that.

The input air is being blown in through the furnace filter at the bottom of the closet and with the door closed the only place it as to go is up past the plant and out of the top of the closet.

Maybe I can rent a CO2 meter. Lol

PCBuds

Maybe there's an app?

Do cell phones have sniffing devices yet? Lol

Wouldn't it be cool if they made a cell phone with a built-in multimeter with probes.

And a PH probe that plugs in.
And RH meter, thermometer, oscilloscope, Geiger counter, ... Every electronic meter all built in.

PCBuds

Got this one on Amazon for $60 USD.

Hmm...
That's about $80 CAD.

I might Google it again. Lol

But then again, if I need more CO2, I'm going to have to drink more and I'm already going through a 5-gallon pail a week.

If I get too damn drunk, I'm going to end up killing my plants then everything will apart. Lol

PCBuds

The good thing about buying a cheapy is that you can do all kinds of testing on it.

I'm going to measure my breath, and my wine, and my belches, and my farts, and I fully intend to fire a Blue Angel at it.

I wonder how many VOC's are in a burnt fart. Lol

PCBuds

In Dr. Bugbee's video, he says that light is the main driver of all the other parameters.

Notice how "light" is italicized and underlined, while CO2 is only capitalized because that's how you spell it.

We used to adjust the other parameters based on the available light.

Now we have the power to adjust the light to the other parameters.

As the light increases the demand on the other 8 parameters increases.
I believe that they increase equally.

As long as I keep my oxygen, wind, CO2, nutrients, water, humidity, and soil & leaf temperatures adequate, my plant should prosper.

But, I don't want my plant to fully prosper because I don't want a 5' plant in my 3' window sill.

I'm going to stunt my plant with light and raise her.

I'm hoping for a nice tan. Lol

Latest posts

Latest posts