What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Getting some good smells going on, flowers are chunking out! :smoke:

Season is breaking off a bit cooler this week. Going to be high of 70 F in a few days and nights in the 50'sF .

----Update to Pipeline Farms 2024----

Plants are ripening quick after that heat last week and some more water. Getting good smells from all the plants. Most of them are a piney type medical indica version of Sativa Candy Chunk. I planted more of the 'medical indica' selected seeds because I'm trying to get the effect to have a little more soreness relief and mellow effect compared to the sativa dominant ones.

Cool weather is showing up again. Getting a high of about 70 F in a few days and night times teps will be in the 50s sometimes.

Plants are getting there and will be ready whenever the season is ready! They're all growing pretty well and producing flowers! :smoke:

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
My two purple satellite fem ,the early pheno on the left is almost done View attachment 19058179
I grew that a few years ago, I liked it, I crossed it with my PurpAl plant, but haven't run any yet.
Do you have problems with herms and nanners?
I think I had 6 or 7 females and they all pushed nanners outside and inside, but were sterile, I think I found less than ten seeds on those 6 or 7. Honestly the yellow nanners looked pretty on the purplish buds. I didn't find any with pink pistils tho

Old Piney

I grew that a few years ago, I liked it, I crossed it with my PurpAl plant, but haven't run any yet.
Do you have problems with herms and nanners?
I think I had 6 or 7 females and they all pushed nanners outside and inside, but were sterile, I think I found less than ten seeds on those 6 or 7. Honestly the yellow nanners looked pretty on the purplish buds. I didn't find any with pink pistils tho
I’ve been growing outside of 47 years and I don't believe I've ever had a herm of any of the many varieties I've grown. No nanners either. My PS are feminized and apparently they are somewhat less stable with pheno expression , the plant on the right is about two weeks ahead of the other and seems to be leaning more toward Baglung side of the cross

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ve been growing outside of 47 years and I don't believe I've ever had a herm of any of the many varieties I've grown. No nanners either. My PS are feminized and apparently they are somewhat less stable with pheno expression , the plant on the right is about two weeks ahead of the other and seems to be leaning more toward Baglung side of the cross
Yeah hermaphrodite/intersex plants can occur because of stress on the plant sometimes.

Its interesting, feminized/self pollinated seed plants can show all the different phenotypes in that individual parent plant's genetics and can have some variation.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
The ones I ran were regs. Vermontman said that indoors you could slowly reduce hours to bloom instead of a quick flip to 12/12, they did it then also. But I didn't really care because of the sterility.
I haven't been growing nowhere near as long as you, but now that I think about it, Purple Satellite is the only plant I've grown outside that showed intersex traits. I guess that could be because any plant I put outside has usually been tested indoors first, but I guess I've never realized that before.
Im not good at growing outdoors, or I don't have the right genetics for outdoors, humidity and rain during the flowering season destroys them. That's why I ordered the PS, it was a early bloomer, early finisher, and resistant to rot. It did all that, but it just wasn't my bag. At least the one seed pack I ran wasn't. Beautiful plants they are

moose/MI

The ones I ran were regs. Vermontman said that indoors you could slowly reduce hours to bloom instead of a quick flip to 12/12, they did it then also. But I didn't really care because of the sterility.
I haven't been growing nowhere near as long as you, but now that I think about it, Purple Satellite is the only plant I've grown outside that showed intersex traits. I guess that could be because any plant I put outside has usually been tested indoors first, but I guess I've never realized that before.
Im not good at growing outdoors, or I don't have the right genetics for outdoors, humidity and rain during the flowering season destroys them. That's why I ordered the PS, it was a early bloomer, early finisher, and resistant to rot. It did all that, but it just wasn't my bag. At least the one seed pack I ran wasn't. Beautiful plants they are
I grew 9.5 pounds last year outside. Actually 20# with a partner but we're talking about my half.

I've been averaging a little better than a seed a pound as I make my way through it. 7 different strains - 3-4 different breeders
Either a neighbor? Which I actually think is unlikely.
Or more probable in my mind. They all threw a nanner somewhere on the plant as they were finishing up.
Isn't that considered about normal?
What's everyone else's thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240902_153730_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240902_153730_Photos.jpg
    631.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20240902_153834_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240902_153834_Photos.jpg
    795.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230925_082238.jpg
    20230925_082238.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 44

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I grew 9.5 pounds last year outside. Actually 20# with a partner but we're talking about my half.

I've been averaging a little better than a seed a pound as I make my way through it. 7 different strains - 3-4 different breeders
Or more probable in my mind. They all threw a nanner somewhere on the plant as they were finishing up.
I don't know because, besides the early finishing P.S., I always have to pull my plants a lil early, either from fear of spreading bud rot, or a fall freeze. I bet all of my outdoor plants I've grown would have benefited from an extra week or two.
I need better outdoor strains!
But I do see that trait indoors with many strains.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I have seen on rare occasion on some of the more sativa plants of the line a late stamen. If its late enough, it wouldn't have enough time for the pollination to result in seed, which is about 4 weeks I think.

One seed could be a neighbor's pollen on the wind possibly since an active pollen sack on your plant may result in more seed. Could be a late-season stamen on your plant which produces some pollen thats less viable so only 1 seed resulted.

Old Piney

I don't know because, besides the early finishing P.S., I always have to pull my plants a lil early, either from fear of spreading bud rot, or a fall freeze. I bet all of my outdoor plants I've grown would have benefited from an extra week or two.
I need better outdoor strains!
But I do see that trait indoors with many strains.
I've said this many times , in my experience bud rot or gray mold is almost always the result of worm damage. Since I figured this out have little problem with gray mold with any strain. I'm in New Jersey and have the worst conditions with humidity and rain, for real I’ll stand by it ! I just use one or two sprays of BT problem solved. As far as freeze ,cannabis is quite hardy down to 27 degrees in my experience. The cold will stop development, but it won't ruin you crop. Just live on the edge a bit

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Think Cereal Milk ?but not 100% positive… they were much more developed than the rest of the crop. Maybe that’s why the rot ,
IMG_3542.jpeg
I cut them down, and threw them out..too fat too chunky too early too moldy & un salvageable … hurt to lose them but I’m over it here’s a shot of some of the others from a couple days ago. drinking lots of water.💦

moose/MI

I've said this many times , in my experience bud rot or gray mold is almost always the result of worm damage. Since I figured this out have little problem with gray mold with any strain. I'm in New Jersey and have the worst conditions with humidity and rain, for real I’ll stand by it ! I just use one or two sprays of BT problem solved. As far as freeze ,cannabis is quite hardy down to 27 degrees in my experience. The cold will stop development, but it won't ruin you crop. Just live on the edge a bit
I've killed 18 so far and missed twice that many. 🔫 🐛 🦋
But I like to think I'm putting a dent in them. 😉 😜

Attachments

• 20240902_125435.jpg
    20240902_125435.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 34

Old Piney

Think Cereal Milk ?but not 100% positive… they were much more developed than the rest of the crop. Maybe that’s why the rot , View attachment 19058772 I cut them down, and threw them out..too fat too chunky too early too moldy & un salvageable … hurt to lose them but I’m over it here’s a shot of some of the others from a couple days ago. drinking lots of water.💦
I don't know man but I bet it's those little worms, you see any little white butterfly's they usually start it? just my experience. Thake these for example chunky and early and Yeah I saw the little tiny tiny basttards and hit the with BT
Post in thread 'OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-'
https://www.icmag.com/threads/outdo...-everything-everywhere.18131054/post-18739934

Last edited: