What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
I think that is Nitrogen burn issues. I have seen similar symptoms before when top dressing with chicken manure.
I don't know man, if it was a nitrogen excess I would expect to see some clawing. I am thinking it could have something to do with the A/C wáter i have been using. None of the other plants has spots like that. We'll see, for the time being I'm keeping her apart from the others.

xtsho

Plants are doing good. No issues. Great weather ahead.

durbistanA08292024.jpg

durbistanB08292024.jpg

durbistanC08292024.jpg

1724959344713.png

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know man, if it was a nitrogen excess I would expect to see some clawing. I am thinking it could have something to do with the A/C wáter i have been using. None of the other plants has spots like that. We'll see, for the time being I'm keeping her apart from the others.
I remember you were saying you had rain there, maybe it got a little overwatered and developed root rot.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great, feeling the heat here too! Could put a shade cloth up for the afternoon sun. They will be alright just make sure they have plenty of water.

Have one more day in the mid 90's tomorrow and then it starts to cool down to 77 Sunday. Going to water tomorrow afternoon. Been 90's all week with 95 on tuesday!

xtsho

Looking great, feeling the heat here too! Could put a shade cloth up for the afternoon sun. They will be alright just make sure they have plenty of water.

Have one more day in the mid 90's tomorrow and then it starts to cool down to 77 Sunday. Going to water tomorrow afternoon. Been 90's all week with 95 on tuesday!

They're getting irrigated as needed. No shade cloth. I'm letting them soak up as much sun as possible. It's looking like a mostly sunny and dry September which is good. It looks like it's going to be a good end of summer/early fall for the plants to finish up.

Some years are definitely better than others. I'm glad it's not going to be one of those wet and dreary years that is favorable to bud rot and mold where I'm at.

Wishing you a happy, successful, and bountiful harvest. :tree:

xtsho

Some of the clones I took and rooted in jars of water. They're doing pretty good. This will be something I do every year from now on as it's just so simple. I gave some away but kept 4. I put them outside for the sun but bring them inside under lights at dark. So they're getting 24/7 for now. I haven't fired up the indoor tent yet but when I do they'll be ready to roll. Two are just for smoke and two are for feminized seeds.

The two for feminized seeds, one to reverse and one to pollinate are the fastest flowering. I couldn't understand why I had obvious different pheno's from the Durbistan as it's pretty stable as far as strains go with very little variance. Then I realized that I planted seeds from a cross of the Durbistan and an Old School Durban that I acquired from another grower that's had it for decades.

They don't look like much now but they'll grow into some nice plants.

DurbistanDurbanB08292024.jpg

A photo from someone I gave starts to but planted in the ground. Plants are ten feet tall. They're extremely happy. They just gave me some more fresh caught Columbia River Salmon the other day.

I'm extremely pleased with how things turned out. I know many chase the latest and greatest but to me the latest and greatest is my own stuff. It's mine and I created it. There is a feeling of satisfaction that comes from that whenever you smoke a bowl of what you made. :smokeit:

DurbistanDurbanA08292024.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@selvita --What exactly are you laughing at? Do you have anything to say, seeing you are a new member and have never posted? Thanks for sharing your emojis with us. Have a good weekend, welcome to the forum! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some of the clones I took and rooted in jars of water. They're doing pretty good. This will be something I do every year from now on as it's just so simple. I gave some away but kept 4. I put them outside for the sun but bring them inside under lights at dark. So they're getting 24/7 for now. I haven't fired up the indoor tent yet but when I do they'll be ready to roll. Two are just for smoke and two are for feminized seeds.

The two for feminized seeds, one to reverse and one to pollinate are the fastest flowering. I couldn't understand why I had obvious different pheno's from the Durbistan as it's pretty stable as far as strains go with very little variance. Then I realized that I planted seeds from a cross of the Durbistan and an Old School Durban that I acquired from another grower that's had it for decades.

They don't look like much now but they'll grow into some nice plants.

View attachment 19056382

A photo from someone I gave starts to but planted in the ground. Plants are ten feet tall. They're extremely happy. They just gave me some more fresh caught Columbia River Salmon the other day.

I'm extremely pleased with how things turned out. I know many chase the latest and greatest but to me the latest and greatest is my own stuff. It's mine and I created it. There is a feeling of satisfaction that comes from that whenever you smoke a bowl of what you made. :smokeit:

View attachment 19056383
Yeah when you are able to pick the phenotypes yourself, they are the ones better suited for your needs compared to growing seeds from other people's phenotype selections.

Good luck making feminized seed. I have heard breeders talk on "The Potcast" about the difficulty of reversing plants to obtain pollen to make feminized seed, it doesn't always work very well. Breeders will often reverse several plants in a batch at a time to make sure they have a successfully reversed plant producing viable pollen for pollination.

xtsho

Yeah when you are able to pick the phenotypes yourself, they are the ones better suited for your needs compared to growing seeds from other people's phenotype selections.

Good luck making feminized seed. I have heard breeders talk on "The Potcast" about the difficulty of reversing plants to obtain pollen to make feminized seed, it doesn't always work very well. Breeders will often reverse several plants in a batch at a time to make sure they have a successfully reversed plant producing viable pollen for pollination.

I don't know what the issue is that some people have reversing plants but I've always been successful. I have quite a few feminized strains I've made. I don't know if it's just me being lucky or others doing something wrong. But I just take it for granted that the plants are going to reverse and produce pollen. I started out using CS but now use STS. A few sprays and you're done.

Now I probably just jinxed myself.

StonedOwl

GP BX in an Earth Box. Week 3 of flower coming up.

Attachments

• F8875C94-C798-4FAE-A745-5B51B47F726A_1_105_c.jpeg
    F8875C94-C798-4FAE-A745-5B51B47F726A_1_105_c.jpeg
    380.6 KB · Views: 20
  • F14E9EFB-93C4-48C7-BB54-3F0075A20EBB_1_105_c.jpeg
    F14E9EFB-93C4-48C7-BB54-3F0075A20EBB_1_105_c.jpeg
    397.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 3856F210-77FA-4F96-8EA3-F51FBBD56930_1_105_c.jpeg
    3856F210-77FA-4F96-8EA3-F51FBBD56930_1_105_c.jpeg
    371.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 1152D90C-99F4-4D36-BA6A-D3F576828CDA.jpeg
    1152D90C-99F4-4D36-BA6A-D3F576828CDA.jpeg
    321 KB · Views: 17
  • 527B1AE6-BD4A-47EC-B454-A0FCCA4C6A5F.jpeg
    527B1AE6-BD4A-47EC-B454-A0FCCA4C6A5F.jpeg
    305.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 3E482A7B-730D-4AE4-A86D-DF320A5722FE_1_105_c.jpeg
    3E482A7B-730D-4AE4-A86D-DF320A5722FE_1_105_c.jpeg
    403.2 KB · Views: 16

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Granddaddy Purple? Supposed to be a pretty good strain. Have you grown it before? Whats it like?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So whats Gary Payton like? What is its background? Flowerpower has a big Gary Payton plant he posted earlier.

Old Piney

Ace Lebanese almost done, it will be the first of three females I got the other two are a bit behind. @selvita this is the the plant with spots .I assure you that little bit of fungus had no affect on it's development what is it your finding so funny here? what do you think is going on with @revegeta666 hash plant Speak up man ! Regardless welcome to the forum and maybe Show us what you got going
1725050353182.png

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You guys are good growers. Always something to learn out there!

Watered the garden with 122 gal and it rained a little last night and is raining a little all day today with clouds. They were thirsty so thankfully they have good weather to absorb the water. They're stacking flowers fast right now and smelling good. This batch is pretty potent from the really early ones I tried!

Mudballs--Mine are doing something similar, yellowing and dropping lower leaves but there is slight tip burn on just a few leaves indicating they are getting the top dress feeding. My issue is exaggerated by the shade, so they drop them as the canopy shades them out.

Its usual to drop a few leaves, but you have a long way to go. People with plants that big sometimes do foliar feeding.

How much are you watering it and how often? Professional cannabis growers have said about 5-10% of the soil volume of the root mass is how much water they need. Water deep to depth of root and let it have dry period to have air and prevent root rot.

Latest posts

Latest posts