What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

EastCoastGambit

20240828_174056_HDR.jpg

Mahalo85

My five week old Dancehall’s are swinging in the backyard, no signs of early bloom yet.. so harvest will be at the end of October probably 🤨

Made a couple cuts to do a autumn indoor grow and hopefully some crossing Dancehall x Californian Orange 🍊

Attachments

• IMG_7395.jpeg
    IMG_7395.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7397.jpeg
    IMG_7397.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7396.jpeg
    IMG_7396.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7398.jpeg
    IMG_7398.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19

Captain Red Eye

I've said this many times , in my experience bud rot or gray mold is almost always the result of worm damage. Since I figured this out have little problem with gray mold with any strain. I'm in New Jersey and have the worst conditions with humidity and rain, for real I’ll stand by it ! I just use one or two sprays of BT problem solved. As far as freeze ,cannabis is quite hardy down to 27 degrees in my experience. The cold will stop development, but it won't ruin you crop. Just live on the edge a bit

What are your thoughts on using BT (Bacillus thuringiensis) while in early flower?

Old Piney

What are your thoughts on using BT (Bacillus thuringiensis) while in early flower?

I usually use it only once ,when I first see the worms crawling around after hatching. This is when the buds are about half bulked up generally ,I might use up the sprayer on less mature plants and near by weeds to but this is when you need to spray .It is certified for organic food up to harvest

Old Piney

Its interesting, feminized/self pollinated seed plants can show all the different phenotypes in that individual parent plant's genetics and can have some variation.
Yes that is cool, if you think about it it's all thrown back in the pot to combine differently. With the purple satellite fem I'm not sure how Vermontman did it. PS is F1 between a Mexican and a Naplalese .He says it quit stable into further generations, I find this surprising and would expect to see much variation in the F2. If he made the fem seed as a f1 by just reversing sex on one of the IBL girls I wouldn't expect hardly any variations as f1s are usually very uniform

Last edited:

moose/MI

I used to be resistant to spraying anything on my girls. I went through a lot of gymnastics and worry avoiding it.
But when I scaled up the size of the garden I had to take some precautions.

After using purecrop1 and Monterey Bt in combination the last 2 seasons along with budwashing I have done a complete 180.

The purecrop1 is actually good for the plant. Thickens the leaves. Is a biostimulant. Really good for pm. Can spray until harvest.
I don't have to wear any protection etc.

Since I'm already spraying the purecrop1 early and often I just add the bt when desired.
The moths have been particularly bad this season. I've killed 20. Missed 100

Without going to my notes I'd say I've sprayed 5 times this season with the bt.
And have it on the Calendar now to spray every 4 days weather dependent.
I have found 4 dying caterpillars so far this season. Not a speck of pm so far.

I'm a big fan of organic. A retired Chef.
I'm considered particular in a lot of ways.
Outdoor, sungrown organic is my way.
I'm convinced that neither the purecrop1 or the bt are leaving anything residual behind on my plants.

Adding these 2 products into my grow and IPM procedures has really opened up opportunities to grow strains formerly considered at the best risky for my area and considered impossible by a lot of local growers.
This alone makes it worth it for me.

Attachments

• 20240903_105304.jpg
    20240903_105304.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 38

Old Piney

Again I'm convinced that most all gray mold is the result of worm damage , although any decaying plant matter can start it even a fallen tree leaf. it is widely said that dense buds promote gray mold, I don't think that is necessarily true but I will say the worms like them more. There's a seed company called Getaway Mountain Seed in Main that specializes in mold resistant strains. If you look through their lineup they all have dense buds. Also all the most resistant strains have strong skunky of fuel terps, maybe the worms don't like stinky buds

Captain Red Eye

Again I'm convinced that most all gray mold is the result of worm damage , although any decaying plant matter can start it even a fallen tree leaf. it is widely said that dense buds promote gray mold, I don't think that is necessarily true but I will say the worms like them more. There's a seed company called Getaway Mountain Seed in Main that specializes in mold resistant strains. If you look through their lineup they all have dense buds. Also all the most resistant strains have strong skunky of fuel terps, maybe the worms don't like stinky buds

Yep, met Old Getaway quite a few years back.
He makes some really large batches of seaweed juice for plants, uses ascophyllum nodosum, which is a fancy name for seaweed.

Captain Red Eye

Agreed, worms in buds can lead to mold. I'd add any damaged and open branches / stalks as well as decaying leaves might be a place where mold can get a toehold. The other day I had a scuffed stalk showing some mold, so I rubbed a little sulfur on it and taped 'er up with some duct tape. God, I love duct tape!

Thanks for the heads up on the BT, I've used a lot of things but no BT, yet. Based on your success, I'm gonna give it a try.

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Bud worms or dead leaves are the easiest way to get mold in your buds of course but strains that are prone can get mold depending on your environmental conditions. I live less than 1 km away from the beach and in September at dawn you can see the fog coming from the sea and RH can easily get to 90%. Fungi like botrytis pm etc really like sudden spikes in humidity, even more so than constant high humidity.

ReprobateMind

Here's my legal outdoor grow. They only get like 3.5 to 4 hours of direct light every day because I have them tucked real close to the house so my neighbors don't see them. Why would I hide them from the neighbors even though it's legal? Because they have teenagers that smoke weed so they'd probably steal them or tell somebody that would.

We've been getting absolutely dumped on with rain. When it rains we get like 1 to 2 inches every time so my plants are showing issues from too much water. I have a Mendo Purps Bx1 #3 x Purple Urkle, Sweet 16 S1, and a Friesland Indica.

For it to be legal here, my grow needs to be "enclosed, locked and not visible to the public." Do the branches sticking out of the cage make it illegal?

Attachments

• IMG_1801.JPG
    IMG_1801.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1803.JPG
    IMG_1803.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1804.JPG
    IMG_1804.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1809.JPG
    IMG_1809.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1811.JPG
    IMG_1811.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 51

ReprobateMind

Full sun is good but we take what we can almost noon here and I’m about to get my 5 hours. It’s not as tight buds like I get with more light but nice enough
Looking real pretty! I bet they'll blend right in if you get a fade in the fall.

I gave my friend the same Friesland clone that he LST'd and it has a ton of huge crystal covered colas because it gets full sun and is in a huge pot. It's a night and day difference from mine.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I've been giving my plants roughly 1/2 cup of feed per week and that's still not quite enough, although the surface area of these pots isn't giving me the ability to mix anymore than that in. I tried 1 cup and caused issues with my plants, as if it was to much food in contact with the surface roots. They wasn't happy that week at all. My sourdubs hated me after that feed.
Sinai day 12.

View attachment 19060668

These pictures were taken the same day. Weather is going crazy in my area.
Dude I feel you pain, I got some that got up over my privacy fence and the wind is not their friend.

Latest posts

Latest posts