What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

mudballs

You guys are good growers. Always something to learn out there!

Watered the garden with 122 gal and it rained a little last night and is raining a little all day today with clouds. They were thirsty so thankfully they have good weather to absorb the water. They're stacking flowers fast right now and smelling good. This batch is pretty potent from the really early ones I tried!

Mudballs--Mine are doing something similar, yellowing and dropping lower leaves but there is slight tip burn on just a few leaves indicating they are getting the top dress feeding. My issue is exaggerated by the shade, so they drop them as the canopy shades them out.

Its usual to drop a few leaves, but you have a long way to go. People with plants that big sometimes do foliar feeding.

How much are you watering it and how often? Professional cannabis growers have said about 5-10% of the soil volume of the root mass is how much water they need. Water deep to depth of root and let it have dry period to have air and prevent root rot.
Oh i thank you for the foliar feed hint..imma do a nitrogen foliar. I water based on temp, transpiration rate expected, and future rain forecast...it isn't a set schedule. The reason i do mounds like this is there is no overwatering really...the excess just drains right out onto the hardpack ground and flows off somewhere...there can be some pwEC off for a few hours but that's usually it. I could be wrong, happened countless times before today

Holyherb420

Veteran
Good stuff everyone!
IMG_7955.jpeg

No break in sight. My plants have had more days over 100 than under this year

xtsho

Good stuff everyone!
View attachment 19057394

No break in sight. My plants have had more days over 100 than under this year

95 here right now. We get a couple days in the 70's and then it heats back up towards the end of the week. I'll take the dry days. Buds are swelling up. I'd prefer they stay nice and dry.

Looks like a September harvest at 45°N for this one.

durby08312024.jpg

xtsho

Ace Lebanese getting almost done, it will be the first of three females I got the other two are a bit behind. @selvita this is the the plant with spots .I assure you that little bit of fungus had no affect on it's development what is it your finding so funny here? what do you think is going on with @revegeta666 hash plant Speak up man ! Regardless welcome to the forum and maybe Show us what you got going View attachment 19056852

What latitude are you at? I have a pack of ACE Lebanese I was thinking of breaking out and working with for some outdoor strains.

Old Piney

I have a small Lebanese plant that look similar. It just fell over and sustained bad root damage. It's in my garden with all my other plants in the same soil ferilized the same way with organics .The problem is root damage restricting nutrient and water uptake. In my opinion your plant doesn't need much fertilizer . A mild transplant fertilizer with vitamin B to encourage root growth would be best IMO. I use a organic one by Alaska. I think your plant is looking a lot better BTW

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
It's been a rough past couple weeks for me, the high heat, the plants in these 25 gallon pots are drying out rapidly, it's a daily battle, here lately I've been having to get 5 gallons of water out at a time and use ice to cool it down before feeds. I've been battling to keep up, but its not easy, I did fall behind on feeds once probably 7-10 days behind. First outdoor season has taught me a lot. I'll make adjustments and hit the ground running next season. This particular plant was one of the most impacted by my procrastination.

2024-09-01 11_37_11-ic.jfif ‎- Photos.jpg
2024-09-01 11_37_51-cefac495-cdac-468c-b9cb-03a6d7591586.jfif ‎- Photos.jpg

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's been a rough past couple weeks for me, the high heat, the plants in these 25 gallon pots are drying out rapidly, it's a daily battle, here lately I've been having to get 5 gallons of water out at a time and use ice to cool it down before feeds. I've been battling to keep up, but its not easy, I did fall behind on feeds once probably 7-10 days behind. First outdoor season has taught me a lot. I'll make adjustments and hit the ground running next season. This particular plant was one of the most impacted by my procrastination.

View attachment 19057924 View attachment 19057925
Outdoor is great. I’ve been doing it since I first started growing. You really do have the opportunity for a lot of flowers, but the quality is never going to be as good as what you’re used to from the indoor grows and it >>> is a battle but the challenge is always worth it For the potential rewards

Old Piney

View attachment 19057924 View attachment 19057925
Looking good to me. I would suggest next season planting in ground and maybe some mulch to make things easier with watering

Old Piney

No it's dying and i dont know how to stop it
I can't see that we'll in the video but at second look they are really wilted. I don't know maybe prune them back to compensate for root loss and temporary shade cloth if possible. They are not starting to flower yet right?

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Looking good to me. I would suggest next season planting in ground and maybe some mulch to make things easier with watering
That was the original plan this season, unfortunately because of laws I was also busy building the encloser and space. I ordered a cubic yard of rich organic compost, but it showed up not ready to be used, so I had to postpone that until next season. The plan was to dig a hole 2x the size of these pots and 3' deep and drop the organic compost blend in the holes, cut the bottom out of these 25 gallon pots and drop them on the compost about 4" below the soil surface. Next season it will happen.

This plant is the largest in my garden, 7-7.5', I still haven't put up my trellis but I'm done with the stretch so its due. I haven't even trimmed the bottoms of them. I really have been a semi lazy gardener this season. It's a learning curve all the way around. You think you know the strains, but put them outdoors and the norms are no longer norms. I'm used to these particular plants indoors but outdoors in these containers above ground not so much.

2024-09-01 12_25_15-ae14feae-7a5e-4277-b4e2-1474906cc1ed (1).jfif ‎- Photos.jpg
2024-09-01 12_25_50-dc8c35b3-ee80-4376-977f-fb36beedf366.jfif ‎- Photos.jpg

Last edited:

mudballs

I can't see that we'll in the video but at second look they are really wilted. I don't know maybe prune them back to compensate for root loss and temporary shade cloth if possible. They are not starting to flower yet right?
It's been in flower for a bit now

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Rain here for past few days. My Critical Mass x PurpAl Bx1 already has a few spots of budrot and buds are tiny, it will never survive.
Freakshow, and Amnesia Haze are doing good. The red stemmed plant has just started blooming, and the Multi Haze is the last outdoor plant still in veg.
IMG_20240901_105617078.jpg
IMG_20240901_105610864.jpg
IMG_20240901_105557730.jpg
IMG_20240901_105542074_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240901_105536549.jpg
IMG_20240901_105512737_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240901_105440827_HDR.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts