What's new

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

mudballs

I have 2 oddballs I'm monitoring from same cross bloodline...it doesn't automatically destroy the line for me from a breeder pov but if you are a breeder and clients get this stuff, it's no good
Screenshot_20240628-143519_Gallery.jpg

...right?...so yeah, you gotta see it, learn it, control it, then informed decisions are made
Screenshot_20240628-143528_Gallery.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I understand what you're saying but I'm leaving it alone to grow and do it's thing. I've not had this mutation before and I want to observe it's development. I've seen photos online but it's different when you have an actual specimen. It's for science. :geek:
Will be interesting, maybe you have the next camoflage plant like duckfoot or freakshow.

I just cull them for breeding programs, thats pretty much the standard protocol to prevent them from being in the population. Rouging plants that are undesirable is how the line is improved moving forward.

However as you inbreed, more mutations are seen as the generations go on. I have pulled maybe a dozen more or less mutants similar to that plant this year. They should be removed from the population because they can pass on those undesirable/unstable traits.

xtsho

Will be interesting, maybe you have the next camoflage plant like duckfoot or freakshow.

I just cull them for breeding programs, thats pretty much the standard protocol to prevent them from being in the population. Rouging plants that are undesirable is how the line is improved moving forward.

However as you inbreed, more mutations are seen as the generations go on. I have pulled maybe a dozen more or less mutants similar to that plant this year. They should be removed from the population because they can pass on those undesirable/unstable traits.

I'm not breeding anything with it. I'm just going to grow it out of curiosity. I have too many other projects going on. Plus it's not desirable. Just interesting.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Keep giving it what it needs, maybe it will grow out of it. Stem abnormalities are the toughest on the plants. Fun to watch for sure. Pot it up in to a bigger container! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Also here some of my homemade hash rosin made from last years outdoor harvest
Really nice setup for the garden, well spaced out, easy to maintain! What did you use for your planters? How did you prepare them? Do those lights help extend the photoperiod or is it just for light to work?

Nice rosin. Is that fine grade kief in the last video? How did you make it? What size mesh?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sweet garden, dime! Those blend in really well! Still have a couple weeks before flower, those will be some big yielders!

1719618980948.png

1719619103487.gif

Could see drought develop over the next few weeks. Getting rains this week and next though, so we'll see what happens.

Dime

Attachments

• 20201221_151701.jpg
    20201221_151701.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 25
  • 20200924_162037.jpg
    20200924_162037.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25

Holyherb420

Really nice setup for the garden, well spaced out, easy to maintain! What did you use for your planters? How did you prepare them? Do those lights help extend the photoperiod or is it just for light to work?

Nice rosin. Is that fine grade kief in the last video? How did you make it? What size mesh?
Thanks! I used cedar for the beds since its naturally resistant to rot. Not much prep went into it since i used ffof i just added some biochar and mykos. Im currently using pride lands veg as a top dress and water it in with molasses. The lights help extend the photoperiod. I used them when we had wild fires in ca to keep them from flowering till the fires were out.

It’s actually my hash pre press. I just set some aside as bowl toppers.

xtsho

Thanks! I used cedar for the beds since its naturally resistant to rot. Not much prep went into it since i used ffof i just added some biochar and mykos. Im currently using pride lands veg as a top dress and water it in with molasses. The lights help extend the photoperiod. I used them when we had wild fires in ca to keep them from flowering till the fires were out.

It’s actually my hash pre press. I just set some aside as bowl toppers.

Oh crap. The fires. They're starting. I sure hope we don't have a repeat of some of the years we've had in the recent past.

I remember watching this roll in and it stayed for over a week. My vegetable garden stopped growing. The smoke blocked the sun for close to ten days.

smokesky2.jpg

The red circle is the sun.

smokesky1.jpg

Downtown Portland OR. Not my photo.

portlandsmoke.jpg

But that's nothing compared to what some people went through. Losing their homes and everything they owned. Some lost their lives.

Now we have dry conditions, no rain in sight, and rising temps with fires starting to burn across the west. I'm getting worried.

xtsho

Here's how close i was to having to make a decision once
View attachment 19024991

Scary stuff. Fire doesn't play. It burns everything in it's path until stopped or runs out of fuel. I'm not in a rural area with a bunch of brush but the houses are relatively close and lots of tree canopy. All it would take is the right conditions. High winds, dry conditions, and a source of ignition to get things burning and spreading fast from tree top to tree top.

People are already lighting off fireworks. They went on sale across the river in Washington yesterday. People wasted no time shooting rockets into the sky.

I like fireworks but they're illegal where I live and they freak one of my dogs out. Plus they come down in other peoples yards and on their roofs. They can go somewhere else to light them off.

Latest posts

Latest posts