What's new

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

xtsho

The plants are loving the weather. Growing fast. Good weather ahead so they should increase in size significantly in a small amount of time.

durbistan06292024.jpg

10day.jpg

Holyherb420

Oh crap. The fires. They're starting. I sure hope we don't have a repeat of some of the years we've had in the recent past.

I remember watching this roll in and it stayed for over a week. My vegetable garden stopped growing. The smoke blocked the sun for close to ten days.

View attachment 19024975

The red circle is the sun.

View attachment 19024976

Downtown Portland OR. Not my photo.

View attachment 19024977

But that's nothing compared to what some people went through. Losing their homes and everything they owned. Some lost their lives.

Now we have dry conditions, no rain in sight, and rising temps with fires starting to burn across the west. I'm getting worried.
Yup, i woke up this morning and smelled the fires unfortunately. If they don't go out by august im keeping the lights on lol

xtsho

Yup, i woke up this morning and smelled the fires unfortunately. If they don't go out by august im keeping the lights on lol

It sucks. Most people just hear about the fires on the news and if it isn't affecting them they just forget about it. Some of us understand that people might be losing their homes and belongings.

Fire is finality. There's nothing left to salvage from the ash. One of the most terrifying things there is.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope you guys make it through alright. Maybe temps will be cooler because of the smoke. Puts a damper on the garden.

Got about 3/4 inch today and had to stand a bunch of the plants up. There was a large tree branch nearby around the field that was 5 inches diameter, so the wind there got pretty fast. Stood them up, ready for more sun. :smoke:

xtsho

Hope you guys make it through alright. Maybe temps will be cooler because of the smoke. Puts a damper on the garden.

Got about 3/4 inch today and had to stand a bunch of the plants up. There was a large tree branch nearby around the field that was 5 inches diameter, so the wind there got pretty fast. Stood them up, ready for more sun. :smoke:

It's not at any levels like it was in the past right now.

Unfortunately, everything is setting up to form some bad things to come.

Rodehazrd

So far so good out on the ridge. I think I have a couple more weeks before the stretch begins to load up on calcium. I’ll be top dressing with worm castings and feeding a little extra cano4. During the stretch I’ll mist a weak cano4 alternating with weak kool bloom mist a few times till buds form. I would like to dose with fish hydrolysate but I’m afraid to outdoors.

Attachments

• F9D17CB7-407D-4F3C-ACFA-6ADE0392E6A1.jpeg
    F9D17CB7-407D-4F3C-ACFA-6ADE0392E6A1.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 22

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think Brassn Wood is using Alaskan fish emusion to fertilize liquid application. I think you'd be good, just follow the label rate to not burn them.

Updated my thread--Pipeline Farms 2024
Had a developing thunderstorm roll through yesterday and bring about 0.85 inch rain! Saves a lot of work having to water them. Thank you God!

Well they were watered deep from the rain and a wind came though so there was a swath down the middle of the garden with fallen plants. Tried to stand them up yesterday, but they were still a little wet with weight and the soil was soft. Will get them stood up better today.

Didn't use stakes, just use clumps of soil to pile around the plants and press down around the base of the plant to help them stand up. Also use some of the other plants to help them stay standing. Once the sun comes out, they will be able to straighten themselves out a bit. Will see how they are doing later on after it dries out. :smoke:

Couple views--They did some growing! Leaves have expanded now pretty much fully on many plants. Some leaflets are nearly 3 inches wide!

full

full

full

full

Watered deep, plants were leaning after that rain! God is good! Tried standing them up, but needed to dry out a bit. Accidentally the main stem on one plant. Using the other plants to help it stand up. May have to cull it since there are several around it. Should have time to heal.

Needing to find the males ASAP! :smoke:

Rodehazrd

I use it indoors before the stretch and it seems to be enough for the flower stage.32 oz of fish hydrolysate made from catfish in 5 gallons water. Outdoors I’ve got raccoons ground hogs and curious squirrels I rather not tempt, although the smell isn’t fishy due to the citrus used as a preservative. I once spilled some on the gravel drive and next day there was a hole there several inches deep. Just about anywhere I dig something digs there to see what I buried.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was windy today and needed to dry out, so waited until evening and got them all stood up as good as possible. Pulled the kinked stem plant, a mutant, and a few smaller runty plants that were shaded out by larger plants.

Looking for signs of preflowers. Seeing some primordia. A plant or 2 has alternate nodes forming. Need to keep thinning the patch! Will work out. Should be able to ID some next weekend and begin male pollinator selection. Will select about 5-10 best males for open pollination until early August.

Few views from the garden today. Waist high now!

full

full

full

full

full

Few more views. Leaves are getting big. Going to really get going this week. A day of heat and several days with highs in the low 80's with more significant rain chances!

Glad to have smaller plants when the wind comes through. They can just be stood up, but the larger they are the harder they fall. Big plants can blow over in summertime thunderstorms, so outdoors its best to grow somewhat smaller plants unless able to build a secure framework to structure them.

full

full

full

full

full
Couple more update from Pipeline Farms 2024.

Rodehazrd--Good point fish based fertilizer could be asking for animal problems. I like the slow release fertilizers like cottonseed meal. I will apply 7 lbs in July and another 7 lbs in August. The chicken manure based granules works well, but dont want to risk burn anywhere near flowering stage. Hoping to see preflowers anytime, so slow release is all I'm using. But you want to not have too high nitrogen at the end of flowering so don't fertilize too much during flower, most people cut it off in August. :smoke:

Latest posts

Latest posts