What's new

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Happy harvest! Sounds delicious. The hermi tendency is common in less worked landrace strains.

Was there something that triggered the stamen production/hermi ?
The nanners came a few weeks ago, after being left overnight in a rainstorm. They probably didn't like their pot being wet for over a week, being used to the desèrtic climate of Syria. The other strains didn't seem to care but maybe this one is more sensitive.

As for them being rootbound, these are dwarf plants, and transplanted 10 days after they started flowering to prevent the stretch. Their roots had barely colonised the soil at all.
IMG_20241003_165237.jpg

Plants from my other land races are 2-3 times bigger than these in the same size pot and are finishing fine as usual.

As for the taking a big hit in quality because they were grown in small pots, that is hilarious.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ask flower power how the pot grown in pots was. It all depends. He grew in 10-20 gallon containers he said. If you take care of them, a big plant in only a 5-10 gal container can be a healthy productive plant.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smoke test was good on last weekend's harvest after the hurricane reminants came through. They had just got a bunch of rain and wind, but they had their potency. Probably knocked off a few trichomes. They were somwhat dry in between light rains when tops were harvested. Letting rest ripen, but may pick them this weekend for sure by 2 weeks. Happy harvest! :smoke:

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Ask flower power how the pot grown in pots was. It all depends. He grew in 10-20 gallon containers he said. If you take care of them, a big plant in only a 5-10 gal container can be a healthy productive plant.
Size of the plant is completely irrelevant. When I grew indoors I sometimes finished plants in 3L pots (less than 1 gal), so I could grow a lot more plants in the same space, for selection purposes. If you know what you're doing you can finish them in a solo cup if you want. In Spanish forums it is very rare to see an indoor grower using pots bigger than 7L (less than 2 gal). It's just a plant density preference. Some would rather have 3 big plants, I'd rather have 20 small ones. The same way you do.

Last edited: