What's new

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Happy harvest! Sounds delicious. The hermi tendency is common in less worked landrace strains.

Was there something that triggered the stamen production/hermi ?
The nanners came a few weeks ago, after being left overnight in a rainstorm. They probably didn't like their pot being wet for over a week, being used to the desèrtic climate of Syria. The other strains didn't seem to care but maybe this one is more sensitive.

As for them being rootbound, these are dwarf plants, and transplanted 10 days after they started flowering to prevent the stretch. Their roots had barely colonised the soil at all.
IMG_20241003_165237.jpg

Plants from my other land races are 2-3 times bigger than these in the same size pot and are finishing fine as usual.

As for the taking a big hit in quality because they were grown in small pots, that is hilarious.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ask flower power how the pot grown in pots was. It all depends. He grew in 10-20 gallon containers he said. If you take care of them, a big plant in only a 5-10 gal container can be a healthy productive plant.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smoke test was good on last weekend's harvest after the hurricane reminants came through. They had just got a bunch of rain and wind, but they had their potency. Probably knocked off a few trichomes. They were somwhat dry in between light rains when tops were harvested. Letting rest ripen, but may pick them this weekend for sure by 2 weeks. Happy harvest! :smoke:

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Ask flower power how the pot grown in pots was. It all depends. He grew in 10-20 gallon containers he said. If you take care of them, a big plant in only a 5-10 gal container can be a healthy productive plant.
Size of the plant is completely irrelevant. When I grew indoors I sometimes finished plants in 3L pots (less than 1 gal), so I could grow a lot more plants in the same space, for selection purposes. If you know what you're doing you can finish them in a solo cup if you want. In Spanish forums it is very rare to see an indoor grower using pots bigger than 7L (less than 2 gal). It's just a plant density preference. Some would rather have 3 big plants, I'd rather have 20 small ones. The same way you do.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear about the wet weather, Reverend. Glad it started drying out for you. Good to have some seeds out of it. What was the male that released the pollen? Will be great to have seeds from that plant that hybrid thats the best plant ever smelled! Terpenes are important and can create entirely new effects in my experience. Good to keep pheno hunting.

The seeds calyxes do start to break down, but thankfully, they usually don't create a widespread mold issue unless moisture is high for a long period.

gumzgi--Glad to hear you got a good harvest! Looks like a healthy plant! How did you feed it? You love that Runtz!

therevverend

Veteran
What was the male that released the pollen?
I had a couple males that dropped pollen, the most pollen at the right time came from Huckleberry Punch X (Buddha's Sister x Super silver Haze). Hopefully the vast majority came from him. The females of the strain I grew last year were incredible. Tons of resin, excellent vigor and mold resistance, big yield of greenish-purple frosty colas, and a wonderful sweet huckleberry smell.

The other male was a purple Hopar Valley landrace from Landrace Warden. Not as much pollen but I'm sure there will be a few offspring. The purple Hopar came from @Landrace Warden . Hopar Valley is in Gilgit Baltistan province in far northern Pakistan. The strain has a strong spicy smell similar to other mountain hashplants. Here's a look.

View media item 18722308
I'm glad it didn't supply all the seeds but I'm glad it's supplying some. There's going to be some incredible genetics next year.

A friend gave me a plant of his own breeding. His garden this year is mostly shaded and his plants are rootbound and scraggy. I stuck it in the ground, gave it good amdements, and it responded well. Quickly outgrew it's scraggyness but is still quite small. It's a hybrid of the twenty20Mendocino strain So fuckin' gassy X (4th meal x (sweet diesel x bubblegum)). 4th meal came from Oni Seeds, a hybrid of different OGs. I like what I see, the nugs are rock hard and extra frosty. The strong hashy smell you'd expect from this sort of strain. Here's a look.

View media item 18722300
View media item 18722305
She's a mold magnet which isn't surprising me. Those sort of flowers don't dry out quickly. This evening I'd finished harvesting some flower, was about to head indoors when I gave her a close inspection. I didn't like what I saw. Hidden in the middle of the plant was an outbreak of powdery mildew. The lower limbs were healthy, as was the top, but the shady middle was infested. I hacked as many white powdery leaves as I can. My only hope is that she finishes fast and the rain in the morning doesn't rot her too much. I'll try to open her up more so more UV light hits the middle.

Last night got down into the mid 40s. It was enough to give the 2nd (sunshine daydream x 5g Blue) X Purple Bomb a purple blush. Here's a look at her progress.

View media item 18722303
View media item 18722304
It's hard to see in the flower picture because only the top of the plant has turned so far. I was tempted to harvest her today, she's fabulous already. I couldn't do it, too many white hairs. She might develop a few more mold spots but giving the flowers a few more days to mature should be worth it.

Another plant my friend gave me was a Great Lakes Genetic freebie. Runaway Bride x Ma Gooey. She's small, it didn't help that I broke her top off when I transported her to my garden. Her flowers are rock hard, coated in frost, and a wonderful color. She was an outstanding smell, like all my plants this year. An exotic fruit creamy wedding cake scent that's intoxicating. She's mostly done but there's still quite a few white hairs. Also quite a few seeds. I harvested some top nugs and left the rest.

View media item 18722302
View media item 18722301

Latest posts

Latest posts