What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Idk it was just the one plant the one time...absolute mystery.not seen it again...i think i piled the soil too high up the stalk, causing rot to start, they found the weakness and went for it
Pile up soil on the stem early in plant growth shouldn't be any issues, but mounding it later after bark has formed could potentially cause rot issues.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm trying my first balcony grow with some additional lighting.
Biscotti is having its best time, but gelato #33 started showing temp/light stress yesterday. Today is even more intense, I moved it away from the lights. Any other recommendations?

LMC_21_Jul_07_38.jpg

LMC_21_Jul_07_38_1.jpg
Looks like it could be a mutant, kind of strange looking, maybe it doesn't like the supplemental lighting.

cbotany

Veteran
Im losing my mind growing this year... you guys got any idea whats going on here? I think it happened last year too but we also got a ton of rain, just really random, plants up and die and wilt from the second highest node up. I put these in as 6-10inch seedlings so they should have been plenty tough, they grew and suddenly die, 1 week ago healthy as can be. They got some rain but not a ton (1.5" 72hrs) and several 2 foot tall plants are goners all of a sudden. Theyre next to ostensibly healthy plants and then just croak. I've lost at least 4 plants this season cause of this, no idea what to do.

A few plants got knocked over sideways from wind/rain but I just put em back upright. Heres today
View attachment 19035629
View attachment 19035630
Plants just start drooping and rapidly dying, heres a few afflicted.
View attachment 19035631

View attachment 19035632
View attachment 19035633
This was 7 days ago... plant on the far right is basically dead now.
View attachment 19035634
I've been debating if i should add my two cents... but buddy, sometimes we just loose plants, its sad, and there is some scientific reason, but most of the time its just environmental. I lost a mother plant this year by putting her outside, The best way to avoid problems like this is to breed for yourself, everyone has good gear now and days and if you've seen me post on other forms i'm sorry but i'm gonna sound like a broken record. If you get a male, and a female that do well in your micro climate its worth more than gold. Cross them up if you can, its worth popping a few seeds out of your bud to have weed for the rest of your life. I hope i'm not over stepping, but if you want some seeds to replace your lost female that "should" flower anywhere in the us in time I'll donate :) I'm sorry for your loss buddy, but its all part of the process.

moose/MI

Here's a question for the older folks. 🤔 😉
Back in the day. Mid to late 70's I'd guess.
I remember reading about using Cosmo flowers 🌼 🌸 to hide your grow.

Lots of good reasons. Their height, up to 4'. Random unkempt look with large, loud splashes of color, how used in a near/far setting thru distract and confuse. Hide in plain site. Stuff like that.
I've told this story a lot over the years.

I read a lot back then. Can't for the life of me recall who the author was?
A Child's Garden of Grass?, something Mel Frank wrote?
I'm hoping someone here remembers.

I still use these principles in a form or another to this day.

Attachments

• 20240721_110252.jpg
    20240721_110252.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 34

laszlokovacs

but buddy, sometimes we just loose plants, its sad, and there is some scientific reason, but most of the time its just environmental.
Yeah shit happens lol i just am having trouble sitting with the uncertainty. Happened 2x Julys in a row after saturating rains, Im not convinced its not a fungal pathogen and from reading if it is I dont have much recourse. I have plenty left and as long as half finish fine I guess I'm not too worried. But yeah its sad to see especially since I nursed these plants from severe deficiencies from sprout and dealt with garbage potting mix so it feels like a dumb way to die after 1 month in the great outdoors.

I have a female from seed I made last year thats 4ft tall and right next to the diseased plant lol. Also have a few scattered around my other garden from crosses I made last year and to speed through the F1 generation of an auto seedline Im trying to make. Plus a few dozen I just sprouted over the last week or so outdoors to see what makes it. The pollen donor was dug up and thrown in a pot to finish in a bush and ended up very frosty so I'm looking forward to see what the progeny produce

Thanks for the offer! I already have a few plants more than I truly need. But my curiosity is definitely piqued lol... If youre feeling extra generous I certainly wouldnt say no:). I have some of those Chinese fiber seeds we were talking talking about awhile ago and 2 pollenchuck lines I made last year outdoor if either of those interest you. i got more seed than i need

laszlokovacs

Ill be keeping an eye on my plants and see what happens. I'll be crushed if they all die but I've managed to pull a few harvests the past couple years so I'm hoping things work out.

I took cuttings from two of the dying plants. They perked up and returned to normal appearance overnight in a cup of water and humity dome. Hoping one or two roots.

I got to fire up an aerocloner I never used before. Stuck about 30 cuts in there of my biggest and best plants and am spinning the wheel. If I'm lucky i might plant out another mini garden if I cant foist some of these off onto friends:D

cbotany

Veteran
Yeah shit happens lol i just am having trouble sitting with the uncertainty. Happened 2x Julys in a row after saturating rains, Im not convinced its not a fungal pathogen and from reading if it is I dont have much recourse. I have plenty left and as long as half finish fine I guess I'm not too worried. But yeah its sad to see especially since I nursed these plants from severe deficiencies from sprout and dealt with garbage potting mix so it feels like a dumb way to die after 1 month in the great outdoors.

I have a female from seed I made last year thats 4ft tall and right next to the diseased plant lol. Also have a few scattered around my other garden from crosses I made last year and to speed through the F1 generation of an auto seedline Im trying to make. Plus a few dozen I just sprouted over the last week or so outdoors to see what makes it. The pollen donor was dug up and thrown in a pot to finish in a bush and ended up very frosty so I'm looking forward to see what the progeny produce

Thanks for the offer! I already have a few plants more than I truly need. But my curiosity is definitely piqued lol... If youre feeling extra generous I certainly wouldnt say no:). I have some of those Chinese fiber seeds we were talking talking about awhile ago and 2 pollenchuck lines I made last year outdoor if either of those interest you. i got more seed than i need
Yeah man, just dm me, I'll send you some seeds that do well for me, if you wanted to save a male for out breeding it may help on your project. In my environment seedlings have to be resistant to dampening off on top of numerous fungal/bacterial things.

Rodehazrd

I gassed my outdoor girls with catfish hydrolysate today damn the raccoons full speed ahead. I always get a good result when using it so I’m taking my chances.
The one Runtz is flowering strongly other two just beginning.
Speaking of Runtz one girl is just over 6 feet. I’ve been squeezing the stems to hold it down but if it just doubles that’s bigger than any I’ve grown.
IMG_1356.jpeg
IMG_1353.jpeg
IMG_1352.jpeg

Old Piney

Here's a question for the older folks. 🤔 😉
Back in the day. Mid to late 70's I'd guess.
I remember reading about using Cosmo flowers 🌼 🌸 to hide your grow.

Lots of good reasons. Their height, up to 4'. Random unkempt look with large, loud splashes of color, how used in a near/far setting thru distract and confuse. Hide in plain site. Stuff like that.
I've told this story a lot over the years.

I read a lot back then. Can't for the life of me recall who the author was?
A Child's Garden of Grass?, something Mel Frank wrote?
I'm hoping someone here remembers.

I still use these principles in a form or another to this day.
Don't recall that article, but Cosmo is annual flower that grows 4 to five foot tall with white pink red or purple flowers. There is also a shorter variety growing 2 to 3 foot with yellow or orange flowers l I have some in my garden right now
1721612304618.jpeg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update to Pipeline gardens. Plants are loving the dry spell. Great time to apply top dress while the soil has cracks. Going to have to get some guano to apply for this month and next and some better cottonseed meal. Few plants are starting to show beginning signs of being hungry. Normal to see during fast growth! :smoke:
Hemp bread anyone? Works great for pancakes!

Going to get some guano to apply with the cottonseed meal. A couple plants are starting to show slight yellowing on the lower leaves, they're in the very beginning phases of getting hungry. Rain has tapered off recently and they are loving the dry conditions. But dry means less available nitrogen, so they are more likely to get a little hungry while its dry compared to when it rains.

Took out a tall lanky male on accident, was leaning it over and it snapped at the base since the soil was very dry. Its a loss of diversity, but it was a stretchy male and there are others right around it ready to pollenate that with shorter internodes and better indica structure.

Few more views from the garden, going to have some good quality flower with most of the plants having proper spacing this year! :smoke:

full

full

full

full

full

Large leaves on these tall center ones in the most direct sun. About to push for some height on these! We're at abhout 6 ft tall now. :smoke:

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Stamen are developing well on some of them, a few males are just preflowering, but they should drop some pollen too, it will just be less. By removing that one male today, the other one will hopefully be more productive.

full

Pollen is on the way!
full

Bonnie was having a good time hunting, there were several holes in the ground she found around outside the garden. No damage in the garden thankfully. I think it is chipmunks or moles. Sprayed Liquid Fence around the perimeter and the animal holes to repel animal activity.

full

iTzWill

Hey everyone,
here’s the final picture of the Koffee I was posting up. It was chopped on the 4th of April View attachment 18996767 View attachment 18996768 And here’s a couple that are still in the garden, just for you Old Piney🤗
Anachist Cookbook
View attachment 18996769 And a 5gs Purple View attachment 18996770 View attachment 18996771 Hope everyone’s having a great start, or end, to the season,

cheers,
all these are lovely, i wish we got weather to produce like this hahha

Latest posts

Latest posts